Post Thanks / Like

2013 Diablo custom tunes for Charger RT

What type of gains are expected with a custom tune on the new 2013 Charger RT?

I had a custom tune on my 2009 Charger RT AWD but I was allowed to raise the shift points to 6200 rpm.

That car was completely transformed with just a canned tune, and got better with a custom tune. The stock tune was pretty horrible in terms of performance.

Not sure how a custom tune will effect the newer cars without changing the rev limit. Not looking to make it a track monster or anything, but at least more responsive and more power all around, and of course more than stock!

13.3@102mph, tuned/stalled, 4685lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Delete this post
    Last edited by rphemi420; 07-07-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: misinformed

2005 Chrysler 300c 5.7 Hemi fully loaded
    Diablosport Trinity 93 CMR Dyno Tuned
    LMI Hammer CAI
    SLP Loudmouth 2 Catback/catless mids
    Jet 180Tstat
    Morimoto Elite 6k HID's Lows and Fogs
    Lexani CVX 44 22s staggered, 22x9 265/35/r22, 22x10.5 295/30/r22
    Dropped with ST Suspension Sport Coilover Kit w/ ST shocks & struts

Post Thanks / Like
    Delete
    Last edited by rphemi420; 07-07-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: misinformed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rphemi420 View Post
    Do the 2013 tuners not allow u to adjust your shift points.
    There are no tuners for 2013 at this time

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FST4DR View Post
    There are no tuners for 2013 at this time
    When a tuner comes out, what types of gains are to be expected with a tuner and a 2013 RT?

I used to lurk in the 2011+ forums a few years back and everyone was complaining about no tuners for those cars. Since tuning is available earlier last year, I do not hear of anymore complaining but I do not hear of anyone making any gains on the canned or custom tunes. Only statements like "it feels better" not necessarily faster or "I think it made a difference" lol

Still feels like the 2011+ cars are burdened with no real tuning advantages like the older LX cars. The 09 RT AWD I had was a beast with a custom tune and 3500 stall. Easiest high 12 second car I ever modded in my life

I owned a '12 RT AWD before and it wasn't bad (13.3@100. 13.6@100) but it was in horrible need of a tune or some sort of performance advantage... dont' want to repeat the same mistake by buying a '13 but if it's gonna be slow, it's gonna stay stock except for an exhaust and intake. At least it'll sound good.

Post Thanks / Like
    No performance gains I guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    I run the tune on my 2012 and can tell you I didnt feel any difference, a little bit more firmer shift but funny, it not alway firm..rest of it nada...trying custom tune next week, if you see a diablo intune for sell for cheap by end of the next week, that was because the custom tune was a waste
    2012 300c White rwd
    jba shortys & high flow mid
    magnaflow catbacks
    LMI Hammer cai,
    20'' staggered concave wheels
    srt8 grill & trunk spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    sucks about no gains with the canned tune. I hope it's better with a custom tune!

Did you notice a good gain with the shorty's and high flow cats?? how about the air Hammer intake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats certainly not what I see to be a common review of the tunes

We have 1000s of happy customers with 11-12 cars out there currently.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Come see us at SEMA 2014, in booth 20019!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighted1987 View Post
    I run the tune on my 2012 and can tell you I didnt feel any difference, a little bit more firmer shift but funny, it not alway firm..rest of it nada...trying custom tune next week, if you see a diablo intune for sell for cheap by end of the next week, that was because the custom tune was a waste
    You diont notice improved throttle response?
    Running good fuel?

Have you tried removing the tune to see what the difference feels like?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Last dozen I spoke with echoed M_1987's review...

I don't care if the tunes net 20 or 200hp, I just want honest reviews so I can make a educated decision based on actual feedback.

I loved my custom tune for my 09. I do however have my reservations about the newer cars..

Post Thanks / Like
    fast, to be all honest, yet with the jba shorty and high flow, at first i was expecting way better exhaust sound, to my deception, it still really sound similar to just running my magnaflow catback, it is a LITTLE bit deeper, but for 1360 installed...kind of hurt my expectation, proof is the MDS drone is totally the same with jba and midpipe vs only running magnaflow catback.

i cant say I really feel more response, a little, i might be too difficult..but it is really hot lately so it hard to tell, but going back, IF i would get headers, definitly would give a try to the long tube with highflow or! no headers but running no cats mid pipe. I though going longtube would be pointless cause I dont plan on doing heads/cam/blower work. They do look clean, the car have a nice sound but it wasnt Worth 1360$ far from it.. Im not bashing diablo on the tune neither, my 2005 had great respons.

when i got the car last month I ran 9.40 at the drag *1/8 obv) with only magnaflow catback, with tune and cai I ran 9 flat, I just didnt feel much of it, maybe I was expecting more and that why im not realising the difference, ill be doing a run with 93 oct tune on the dyno prior to trying the custom tune, Ill see what the number will tell me, im also planning on going to the track and try stock tune vs 93 oct tune vs custom tune and see if the number talk. For the LMI air hammer, it is on it way from Florida, im in canada, getting it next week, im currently running a weapon r intake, it does growl a bit, but that another piece im really far from convinced that it is appropriate for my car, anyway it is already sold and im confident the hammer will help way better then my weapon r intake. all in all, the car run good, it is a 5.7 after all not a srt8, the tranny feel sluggish a bit, downshift or shift too fast when Im trying to full throttle, I feel it is faster using the semi automatic at 1-2 gear then using drive mode on the highway react better to full throttle, if i try to down shift on highway and do a pull, the car doesnt torque much has it would if I was in drive mode. That my point of view so far driving the car.
    Ill lets you know how it went at the dyno.
    Last edited by Mighted1987; 07-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    You diont notice improved throttle response?
    Running good fuel?

Have you tried removing the tune to see what the difference feels like?

Thanks

hey mike, thanks for asking, my response to fast was thrown with a bit of drama(about the tune), I do not feel any significant difference but I got unlucky with the weather outside, it started to be really hot outside the day I got the tuner, and since then, it didnt cool down, I do feel the shift firmness when I drive on the semi-automatic, I do not feel them in Drive mode, I did play with throttle boost someone suggested running it at 17.5% ? what do you think, i do plan to test at the track running no-tune vs 93 oct tune, i run 94 octane for gas. I'll see what the dyno tell me and see if a custom tune can Wake her up a bit more!

sorry again didnt mean to bash your produce.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol if there's a gain, there's a gain despite the weather changes.. I ran a canned tune Magnacharger and even though the start up tune was not 100%, it still ran a lot better than stock or just NA. That was at 80% of it's true power output, and there was still a noticeable difference. If there is a difference with the Diablo tune, then there is a difference no questions asked, no guessing about it or "yeah, I feel sort of a difference".

My 09 custom tuned was different than stock. WAAAAYYY different and I could tell immediately.

Share This Thread