Post Thanks / Like

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L Spark Plug change!

So I purchased my 300 3.5L back in October 2011. I just clicked the 100k mark and thought to myself" I don't know if the Plugs were ever changed or not" Purchased the NGK replacements. Taking off the Intake manifold is a piece of cake pretty easy! I also purchased a New OEM EGR tube with gaskets! Just to be safe. After taking the Manifold off with the EGR tube still attached to the manifold. "I unbolted it from EGR Valve with 1/4" 8mm socket and extension pretty easy to reach" Then after seeing the EGR tube looks like the last one to do the plugs just sealed the EGR with sealant! YUCK!

Also the plus in there were autolites so loos like it was done before. The plugs did have rounded electrodes, and the plugs are pretty red from additives im assuming!

After replacing with new EGR tube and new NGK Plugs, the 300 does idle a little better and runs smoother now.
    Here is a few pictures of the PLugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know it was an easy job. Got quoted 187.00 just for labor on this from my regular mechanic. Now I think I'll give it a try myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinlasvegas View Post
    Good to know it was an easy job. Got quoted 187.00 just for labor on this from my regular mechanic. Now I think I'll give it a try myself.
    OUCH... Hell sign up for Service Coupons from your Local Dealership, and theyll send you out Coupons for them to do it for around $90+ tax...

Share This Thread