Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nbookie is offline SRT8, Because 425HP should be a minimum
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't pass Texas inspection. 4 days left on Sticker. Please help.

Since moving to texas i have not been able to pass the emission system test. I keep getting "not ready" on catylist and O2. We have tested every part and sensor with no luck. Everything checks good. I'm being told that its just not getting hot enough (they think). Dodge is no help other than one of the not ready's went ready for a few minutes then back to not ready by time they got the state computer hooked up. since october its been my daily driver on a 10 mile slow commute one way. I thought it may just be a build up but 1 track session and 3 dyno sessions (for tuning) and still nothing.

Can anything through programming help these set for testing?

I know others are getting these passed.

This car is a 2006 300SRT with a vortech blower (set low to 4psi), 80lbs ford injectors, msd BAP with 70,000 miles on car and 25,000 on the blower.

Car is tuned by Johan (via email) and runs great. Never had a single check engine light. Just these monitors not ready. Texas says I can pass with one not ready so to get me back on the road thats my first goal, just get one fixed (hopefully both).

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to say the thermostat is a 185 unit. Yes it works like a charm.
    Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of Texas. Can't you drive to a non emission tested city and just get the normal inspection? I don't ever recall having all that done during my inspection. Maybe I'll have to since I'm coming due in July.
    2006 Magnum SRT8
    D1 Procharged...

Post Thanks / Like
    They do a visual safety inspection for tires lights and wipers, but then hook up a scanner to check for codes and emission systems. no roller or stiffer though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Find out if Johan turned the rear O2 sensors off in the tune. I had that happen with my tune from him, once corrected I had no issue.
    Last edited by permethrin; 04-26-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by permethrin View Post
    Find out if Johan turned the rear O2 sensors off in the tune. I had that happen with my tune from him, once corrected I had no issue.
    I sent him an email, have not heard back yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Charged View Post
    What part of Texas. Can't you drive to a non emission tested city and just get the normal inspection? I don't ever recall having all that done during my inspection. Maybe I'll have to since I'm coming due in July.
    You must get inspection passed in the county in which you reside, so no, you can't drive out to the sticks and get passed.

I'll wager you've got an O2 sensor turned off in the tune as well. Would make sense with a blower tune as you typically went to keep a blower richer than an n/a tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    You must get inspection passed in the county in which you reside, so no, you can't drive out to the sticks and get passed.

I'll wager you've got an O2 sensor turned off in the tune as well. Would make sense with a blower tune as you typically went to keep a blower richer than an n/a tune.
    I don't know how true that is because I live in Shreveport Louisiana and I drive 30min to Marshall Texas to get mine done. If I feel like waiting, ill get it done in San Antonio if I go home during that month. I've never had them question anything about my residence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Charged View Post
    I don't know how true that is because I live in Shreveport Louisiana and I drive 30min to Marshall Texas to get mine done. If I feel like waiting, ill get it done in San Antonio if I go home during that month. I've never had them question anything about my residence.
    Home is in Bexar County then?. If so, you're in a 'Safety-Only' inspection county, (ie; non-emissions). You 'should' be able to go to any county in the State to have yours done, (hence why you can easily get it done in Harrison County).

For reference, anyone living in, or looking to relocate to, the following counties.....These are the 17 that you will need to get the Emissions Test included with your standard Safety Inspection -
    Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso

However, if you lived in one of the 17 counties that require not only the safety inspection, but an emissions testing as well, then you will only be able to go to one of the other 16 counties that also does emissions testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, makes sense I guess. I bought my car in Harris county while living in Taylor county. Guess I dodged that bullet...lol. Sorry OP for getting off topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    On another forum a member mentioned the use of 02 simulators. can someone explain these? how will they get the cat monitor to set? is that a direct relation to the OS monitor setting?

I talked with johan and he agreed it was mostly the tune and sent another. after a week on the tune they are still not set. Another member gave me the name of a shop that could help but they said they can't help since this is a car coming from another state. not sure why that matters but it must, he has not returned calls since.
    If i can't figure it out by next friday then i'm just gonna pull the belt on the blower, stick a filter on the intake down stream of the intercooler, swap the injectors back out, unplug the second pump, boost a pump and reflash back to stock. Pretty sure it will set then.

Tags run out at the end of the month. gotta do something. or sell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    FINALLY!!!!

After a 2 hour drive they finally set with the tune Johan sent. got my sticker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, what a pain! Glad you got it figured out though!

Sent from an ambulance.
    05 300C - 20x8.5/20x10 DR 37 - Predator 93 Tune

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got threw emissions .I just got my notice from Maryland VEIP, I have until 10 july. right now Im updating my tune with Johan... Ive never had a CEL, Ill try to go threw in a few weeks. I THINK I went thru last time(2 years ago) with the rear O2s off but that was a different build. Is this an annual requirement in texas?
    08 R/T LMI TRUE CAI, eagle intake, 6.1 injectors. Modern Muscle Performance Group 85mm Ported TB, big CAM, and ported eagle heads. SLP UD pulley. 6.1 timing set,and lifters, PSI springs custom pushrods, cometic head gaskets, 11:1 comp. American Racing 1 3/4" long tube headers, highflow cats with Magnaflow 3" mufflers, 4" tips., catch can 170 stat. Builder Bill rebuilt tranny, stage 2 valve body, 3500 stall TC, AFI flexplate. Getrag 3.73 MTCM. BC Coilovers. Pistol grip shifter. 417 RWHP, Dyno Tuned by Brent @DTP.
    NEW04/6/14: 11.744 @ 117 mph .

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently it depends on where you live in Texas because I've never had mine smogged since I had it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread