Post Thanks / Like

Brake light not illuminating, but night lights work ?

My father has a set of Smoked LED taillights for his 2007 300C, and during the day (lights off), his passenger brake light does not work...

But if you turn his lights on, the same LEDs for the brake light work... Just won`t brighten during Braking

Is this a known issue ? I could not find a thread answering this.... If the lights did not entirely work, I would not be so stumped.

Does he need new taillights ? Sometimes his low-beams (HIDs) will not work, but after you shut them off, and turn them back on they will work... Don`t know if this has anything to do with it..

any help is appreciated, he wants me to take a look tomorrow before he gets pulled over..
    2005 Smoked Magnum R/T- Gone but not forgotten
    2013 Dart Rallye Multiair 1.4L Turbo-
    MODs;
    Red LED interior + L. Plate & LED Grill,
    2.25-2.5" Custom Exhaust,
    Painted Vents/Shifter Bezel,
    Painted Calipers/Rotors,
    Ceramic Brake Upgrade,
    INJEN CAI,
    INJEN Intercooler Pipes,
    MPx Pulley-Kit,
    12" Sub,
    6,000K & 8,000K HIDs
    18" Andros Spec Light-Weight Wheels,
    245/40R18 Hankook Evos Lots more & more to come...
    -Dart Build~
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/f64/my...thread-321761/

Post Thanks / Like
    If both brake lights won't work, I'd say check the brake light fuse. My 07 Magnum is fuse 15 in the rear box, yours may be the same. Since it's just one side that doesn't work, check the wiring. If they are connected properly and the wiring is not damaged, it's prolly a faulty brake light. If that's the case, you may need to replace em. I have the same tail lights and I don't think there's any way to service the bulbs. Once they're out, they're out. HID problems are beyond common, buy only cuz HIDs are a total PITA. I don't think the two problems are related.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Hemi View Post
    My father has a set of Smoked LED taillights for his 2007 300C, and during the day (lights off), his passenger brake light does not work...

But if you turn his lights on, the same LEDs for the brake light work... Just won`t brighten during Braking
    Sounds like the right side is most likely just defective. There are two separate circuits in there for tail/brake, so unless the wiring is damaged leading to the taillight, the problem is internal.

Easy enough to double check even if you don't have a meter or any electrical skills; got the stock taillight to swap in and see if it behaves correctly?

Richard
    94 C2500LD / 94 C1500 / 06 300C SRT8
    Check out my truck shop projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Hemi View Post

Is this a known issue ? I could not find a thread answering this.... If the lights did not entirely work, I would not be so stumped.

Does he need new taillights ? Sometimes his low-beams (HIDs) will not work, but after you shut them off, and turn them back on they will work... Don`t know if this has anything to do with it..

any help is appreciated, he wants me to take a look tomorrow before he gets pulled over..
    Have you yourself done any electrical work to the vehicle anywhere ????? lol
    2012 300 SRT-8

Corsa extreme
    LMI cai

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    If both brake lights won't work, I'd say check the brake light fuse. My 07 Magnum is fuse 15 in the rear box, yours may be the same. Since it's just one side that doesn't work, check the wiring. If they are connected properly and the wiring is not damaged, it's prolly a faulty brake light. If that's the case, you may need to replace em. I have the same tail lights and I don't think there's any way to service the bulbs. Once they're out, they're out. HID problems are beyond common, buy only cuz HIDs are a total PITA. I don't think the two problems are related.
    I kind of thought that... (Heard these are a known for problems unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Sounds like the right side is most likely just defective. There are two separate circuits in there for tail/brake, so unless the wiring is damaged leading to the taillight, the problem is internal.

Easy enough to double check even if you don't have a meter or any electrical skills; got the stock taillight to swap in and see if it behaves correctly?

Richard
    I will have to seek them out and try that, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bob1964 View Post
    Have you yourself done any electrical work to the vehicle anywhere ????? lol
    I........ no, lol.... But the HIDs were supposedly plug-n-play, but the headlights he has with the Halo Ring/LEDs came with wiring... And hence the battery being in the trunk, I believe his buddy had "spliced" and tacked the wires together.

I bet that is the issue ?

Share This Thread