Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Intune 89 octane tune?

    I just bought a new to me intune that is in great condition. I have read through the diablo site, but i cant find any info on an 89 tune as im not interested in spending more on gas right now. I dont have a cai but i have removed the silencer and install K&N filter.

    Please excuse my ignorance but i have never tuned a vehicle before.

    is there a place that has detailed info on what the intune can do?

    any help would be great, thanks.
    Bright Silver Metallic 2007 Dodge Magnum R/T : Loaded, Diablosport InTune, K&N CAI, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni Orange Shocks, 300 SRT Rims, 180 Degree T-Stat, 20% Tint
    Silver Steel Metallic 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD : Rear VES, K&N Drop-In



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    5,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best to go here and create an account and look at their forums....DiabloSport Official Website or...you could ask in the Diablosport vendor section.....
    Last edited by BryGuy; 02-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    My first - 2006 Magnum SXT - gone but never forgotten
    My current - 2006 300C SRT8 - I have a perma-smile



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    89 tune is a performance tune for low grade fuel, it will increase throttle response, improve shifting, and increase performance and power output everywhere
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

    Come see us at SEMA 2014, in booth 20019!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    89 tune is a performance tune for low grade fuel, it will increase throttle response, improve shifting, and increase performance and power output everywhere
    Curious, i dont see that tune. how do i access it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vengecore View Post
    Curious, i dont see that tune. how do i access it?
    lol...I assumed you asked because it was in your tool, looking now I see you have 2 HEMI vehicles, the 89 tune is only for the 3.5 V6 guys, as the HEMI and the term performance do not go together with less than premium fuel

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    lol...I assumed you asked because it was in your tool, looking now I see you have 2 HEMI vehicles, the 89 tune is only for the 3.5 V6 guys, as the HEMI and the term performance do not go together with less than premium fuel
    ok thats fine i figured i would have to use better fuel. can i use the diablo tune, or another, until i need to fill up again?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so the car is way faster so thats awesome.

    but, i disabled traction control and the BRAKE, mr squiggles, and ESP BAS lights in the dash lit up. is that normal for all 3?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, disabling TC kills ABS and ESP, so all those lights will be lit up

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK so in another words, leave TC on if i dont want my wife freaking out about the brake warning.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fleetwood, pa
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ yes. The more you play with your InTune, the more you will understand it. It can't hurt to "play" with it to become familiar. If you have a HEMI, then install the diablo tune for more of a RUSH feeling in your pants!
    2006 Magnum R/T Mopar Intake, JBA Exhaust, Diablo INTune, Billet Catch Can and EGR Block Offs, Mopar Ghost Shadow Lights, 22'' Gianna Autobahns

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roswell, Ga
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djdaves1106 View Post
    ^ yes. The more you play with your InTune, the more you will understand it. It can't hurt to "play" with it to become familiar. If you have a HEMI, then install the diablo tune for more of a RUSH feeling in your pants!
    Yep Diablo tune installed with 20% throttle boost, increased shift firmness and shift points. Spun the tires easy on the way to subway for lunch

    I woudl like to learn more about all the fan settings, i have 180 t stat, any receommndations for a DD?

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •