Post Thanks / Like

Lights out on Instrument Cluster Gauges

The gauges in my '06 MSRT8 work. The lights do not work suddenly. I've checked the dimmer switch to make sure that wasn't it.

Is there anything else I can check easily? I'll be hooking up the Diablo Tuner to read codes the first chance I get.

Anyone else have their gauge cluster lights go out suddenly? My gauge cluster went bad before when it was under warranty. (I never saw a problem with it...the dealership said that it was going bad based on a test they did and got me a new one.) Now I'm out of warranty. :/
    Did the radiator cap mod: SRT8 is here....
    The Hemi says, "VROOOM!" Hemi Registry #00420

Post Thanks / Like
    check all of your fuses from under the hood and on the back under the false floor..

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an EL sheet, powered by a power inverter (DC/AC). No bulbs in the cluster. The sheet plugs into a connector on the internal circuit card. The panel lamps driver pins are: C3 11+ and C1 2 Ground.

If you have intermittent panel lights, you might have a cold solder joint at either the connectors, the inverter, or the connector for the EL sheet.

You would have to tear into the cluster to check any of these connections, but this info might help, if you need to.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Any body else ever have this problem? I just started my 06SRT8 Charrger today after a week of sitting int he garage and my cluster lights do not work. all the gauges work fine and are accurate but no gauge lights. I checked the dimmer switch and that works fine.

Tried finding a answer to this can cant really find one except for the above one but that is way over my head in terms of technical language. is there a simpler way of putting it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old cluster. I'll post pix, later

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    I have an old cluster. I'll post pix, later

So i need a new cluster? or are you saying you will be able to take photos of what i need to do?

Thanks for the help either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Odd as it sounds, try unplugging all three connectors at the back of the cluster & plugging them back in. Also. Try doing the same with the headlight switch.

It's PROBABLY the headlight switch.

I have a loaner I can send you.

A cluster is more than $500. A headlight switch is cheap.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay i will attempt to look at it tonight. Never taken the cluster out of this car before so need to figure out how to do that first. The headlight switch i dont imagine would be that difficult so i may try unplugging and plugging that one back in first.

Post Thanks / Like
    YouTube search will get you how to videos on both.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep found one and looks like 8 screews and hopefully just plugging stuff back in better. Crossing my fingers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to drive home Saturday from work and the lights worked. So i am guessing its a loose conection. Didnt have time to look at it this weekend but at least i have an idea now. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue, switched out the headlight switch and problem solved. Was a cheap fix and took all of 5 min. Worth a shot before you tear into the cluster.
    2006 Daytona RT Go Mango #195/200
    -Overkill CMR Tune, Tranzformer, Eibach Pro Kit, LMI Hammer Intake, Solo Catback and the usual bolt-ons!

Post Thanks / Like
    Headlight switch, for sure.

Share This Thread