Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation **HELP**Interior Lights Wont Shut off/Car wont start

Hey guys, I got home a few hours ago and got a call from my neighbor saying that my lights we're on. So I go outside and check all the doors and the trunk and made sure the dimmer wasn't on and of course the lights wouldn't cut out. So I turned the car on and put it in drive to see if they would cut off and they wouldn't...So I went under the hood and pulled the positive cable off the fuse box to see if the battery would be disconnected instead of going in the trunk and the horn beeped once and the lights we're still on...hmm I thought, so I went and tried to start the car because when I locked the car the horn didn't work and oh nooooo the car wont start!!! WTF! So....I am wondering if anyone can't help me diagnose the problem because I can't figure it out. I will be emptying out my trunk so I can get to the battery box in the morning so I can pull the cables off the battery and hopefully reset the computer. Any help would be great!

-Joe

2008 Dodge Charger SE Plus 3.5L HO V6
    Mods: 20% Tints, 10,000K HIDs, Custom Intake, Daytona R/T Exhaust (Thanks MyMopar!), Gas Hood Struts, Front Blinker Mod, Police PA/Air Horn, Air Silencer Delete, Rear Emblems Shaved
    Mods to Come: Wheels, NAV, Tuner, Re-Tint, Head Lights, Tail Lights and more...

Cardomain Profile: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3144005

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your fuses. In the future disconnect the ground to reset things, never B+.

Jay

Via Tapatalk
    2013 Honda Accord EX - 2.4L/6-Speed Manual

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD-Everything but the kitchen sink.
    2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Redline 3-Coat Pearl, 6-speed - Gone
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT-Can you say...HEMI? - Gone
    1989 WS6/L98 Trans Am-Got Torque? - Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Could also be the head light switch on the left side of the instrument panel. If you turn it too far, the interior lights will come on. I assume you also pushed the light cover switches to try and turn them off.
    Sheldon@USWForged.com
    Check Out our Latest Wheel Designs
    Visit Our USW Forged Vendor Section
    713.680.8170 main
    2855 Mangum Road Suite B208
    Houston TX 77092

Arrington forged 392\ProCharger D1SC (11.20/124mph)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCharger View Post
    Could also be the head light switch on the left side of the instrument panel. If you turn it too far, the interior lights will come on. I assume you also pushed the light cover switches to try and turn them off.
    Yep, did all that

Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb question, but are you sure the lights themselves haven't been turned on?
    My daughter always presses the light buttons....

I don't believe pulling the front battery cable will do anything.
    It only serves as a jumper point. All power I believe comes from the rear battery.
    My first - 2006 Magnum SXT - gone but never forgotten
    My current - 2006 300C SRT8 - I have a perma-smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wookinpahnub View Post
    Dumb question, but are you sure the lights themselves haven't been turned on?
    My daughter always presses the light buttons....

I don't believe pulling the front battery cable will do anything.
    It only serves as a jumper point. All power I believe comes from the rear battery.
    Yep, I checked that as well I just forgot to mention it. My girls kids do the same thing lol ticks me off at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I pulled the negative cable off for 10 mins and popped it back on and got flashing lights woohoo looks like an alarm went off in my car, I tried to kill the alarm with the key fob but it didn't do anything. I'm letting it sit for an hour now to see if that does the trick and then I am going to try and find someone with jumper cables to jump me in case the battery went dead overnight with the lights not shutting off. Anyone have any other ideas?

***UPDATE*** Forgot to mention now the car wont start.
    Last edited by Joes08Charger; 07-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, Now an hour has passed and I put the negative cable back on the battery and the lights began flashing like if the panic alarm was going off. So I got in the car and reset all the guages and the lights stopped flashing as well as the interior lights stayed off. BUT the car still wont start so I am assuming at the moment that the battery is dead and I will be trying to find someone to jump it soon and I will update on that. I can't figure out wth the problem could be yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, well I figured out the starting issue it was a loose cable I re-checked all of them and found one that was loose but still doesn't explain why the lights wouldn't cut out...

Post Thanks / Like
    You most likely have a bad door switch. It is telling you on the EVIC that a door is open?

Jay

Via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
    You most likely have a bad door switch. It is telling you on the EVIC that a door is open?

Jay

Via Tapatalk
    Where are the door switches located I was trying to find them but wasn't sure where they could be. Oh and nope I checked that as well says Trunk Lid/Doors are closed nothing open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like our hood pin, I think it's integrated with the door latch.

SpinTech mufflers/Aeroturbine resonators - Tinted (Panorama Hilite 40/Huper Optik clear on windshield) - catch can - AEM Brute Force - '11 SRT Chally Bilsteins and springs - 180 tstat - AAC halo's

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drksyd View Post
    Like our hood pin, I think it's integrated with the door latch.
    Got ya, Thanks DRKSYD

Share This Thread