Post Thanks / Like

Diablo Sport Trinity Problem

Hey guys,

Just got a diablosport trinity, updated it via computer and tried it out. I didnt upload any tunes yet I just wanted to try out the gauges etc. plugged it in first then started vehicle (thats the correct order right?). The gauges started getting data but it tripped out the cars computer. The BAS ESP warning light came on, the auto gear selected area stared flashing random characters and my tach started jumping up and down lol. Any ideas?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Whay are you driving?

inTune 91 CAI, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS defeat switch, Tranzformer, blacked out wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, Euro rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 255/45/20 Nitto 420's, Boss 338 wheels, painted calipers. Glovebox, ash tray, door pockets, overhead console & cup holder LED additions. Blastin Bob 6db reso delete pipes. Euro LED side signal repeaters, 55/35 window tint, BT catch can. Color matched tail lights. Custom front lip. LED interior lighting. BT interior stuff. Lowered on BCR Coilovers. Front mounted parking sensors. 180 degree T-stat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal300 View Post
    Whay are you driving?
    06 Magnum RT AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Occasional glitches occur. Cycle the key to refresh and don't worry about it... unless it happens all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Occasional glitches occur. Cycle the key to refresh and don't worry about it... unless it happens all the time.
    Yeah it happens everytime I plug it in unfortunately :( I've contacted Diablo they're looking into it. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    That really sux man. Well, yeah you got the order right: I plug mine in first but I don't usually start the car, I just switch it to ON.

I've had my BAS and other lights flash around, had some relays from under the hood actuate,.. but I can't say I ever remember hearing of the tach jumping around or the shift numbers flashing.

Do you have any other symptoms or electrical oddities, either before or after the Trinity mishap?

Post Thanks / Like
    That really sux man. Well, yeah you got the order right: I plug mine in first but I don't usually start the car, I just switch it to ON.

I've had my BAS and other lights flash around, had some relays from under the hood actuate,.. but I can't say I ever remember hearing of the tach jumping around or the shift numbers flashing.

Do you have any other symptoms or electrical oddities, either before or after the Trinity mishap?
    Well I just got the car a month ago so im not sure of its history, no electrical problems for me so far though until this. Only 20k on the car, shouldn't be anything wrong :S. You said youve had the trinity trip some of your electronics, as have others, why does this happen? I don't understand why it's feeding back to the car's computer at all, shouldn't it just be receiving information?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are guys here who can tell you exactly whats its doing but I'm not one of them... but you shouldn't have to dig that deep just to get it to work.

Check your battery voltage.

Check your OBD cable. Look in the end and make sure all the pins are straight. Touch each one and make sure nothing is loose or broken.

Check the OBD plug on your car. Get under there and look with a flashlight to make sure nothing is blocking an electrical connection.

Check the cable connection to the Trinity for misalignment or blockages; better yet try a differnt cable. Or if you have a few skills and an Ohmmeter, zero out each connection from end-to-end to make sure the cable is good.

Check if your car has any codes; Autozone will do this for free if the Trinity won't do it or do the key dance.

Check the Trinity for information. Last tune written, CROM version. Anything relevant.

I'm sorry to say that beyond these simple checks your best bet is to keep working through DS for resolution. You might even register on the forums on their website and start a discussion there. There's a good bunch of guys at DS, busy as hell, but good guys. Keep pinging them for support and you'll get it. You might also ping DiabloToona here on LXF... I believe he's a DS insider.
    Last edited by srt8-in-largo; 04-19-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are guys here who can tell you exactly whats its doing but I'm not one of them... but you shouldn't have to dig that deep just to get it to work.

Check your battery voltage.

Check your OBD cable. Look in the end and make sure all the pins are straight. Touch each one and make sure nothing is loose or broken.

Check the OBD plug on your car. Get under there and look with a flashlight to make sure nothing is blocking an electrical connection.

Check the cable connection to the Trinity for misalignment or blockages; better yet try a differnt cable. Or if you have a few skills and an Ohmmeter, zero out each connection from end-to-end to make sure the cable is good.

Check if your car has any codes; Autozone will do this for free if the Trinity won't do it or do the key dance.

Check the Trinity for information. Last tune written, CROM version. Anything relevant.

I'm sorry to say that beyond these simple checks your best bet is to keep working through DS for resolution. You might even register on the forums on their website and start a discussion there. There's a good bunch of guys at DS, busy as hell, but good guys. Keep pinging them for support and you'll get it. You might also ping DiabloToona here on LXF... I believe he's a DS insider.
    Wow thats a lot of good ideas right there lol, thanks for all the help man. I'll update if I have any luck, dun dun dun

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm disappointed you got the thing but cant experience it.

Keep working on it, its worth it! If everything checks out and DS cant resolve this remotely, I betcha they'll be ok with changing your unit out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RyguyC View Post
    Hey guys,

Just got a diablosport trinity, updated it via computer and tried it out. I didnt upload any tunes yet I just wanted to try out the gauges etc. plugged it in first then started vehicle (thats the correct order right?). The gauges started getting data but it tripped out the cars computer. The BAS ESP warning light came on, the auto gear selected area stared flashing random characters and my tach started jumping up and down lol. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Any update on this? I just upgraded to the Trinity from the Predator and I'm having similar issues. Never had a problem with the Predator. I have a 2006 too. Seems the BAS/ESP light is coming on for some of the early builds.
    FRI'd Sidewinder Cam, GTP Stage 2 Heads, Eagle Intake, Johan custom tune, BB Stage 2 Valve Body, SLP Underdrive Pulley, JBA Headers & Hi-flow cats, Zoomers Catback, BT catch can, Getrag 3.06, LMI True 4", 180 thermostat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and a few others had the same problem a few months ago and here is the solution I found!

I also posted on the diablo sport forum. http://www.diablosport.com/forum/vie...37&t=39066

Ok, here is the solution I found:

I had the chance to have access to two 2006 and one 2005 over the week-end. After some investigation, I found that the two 2006 have 4 additional cable in the OBD2 connector compare the 2006 manual shop (pin 1 - 3 - 10 - 13) and 3 to 2005 (pin 1 - 3 - 13).
    The two 2006 had the same problem with the trinity but the 2005 was working fine. So I took the additional cable out one by one and found out that the pin #13 (white & blue cable ) is the one that cause the problem.

So unscrew the connector from under the dash, pull it down slightly, remove the blue tab that lock the pin in place on the pin 9 to 16 side (pin are all numbered on the cable.).
    Then there is a small plastic tab on the inside of the connector that need to be pushed toward the center of the connector while you pull on the cable from the back.
    Once the cable is out, tape it carefully and put everything back in place except this cable. Connect your trinity and enjoy.

This had been tested on a Daytona r/t 2006 and a 300c srt8 2006 and fixes the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dodge Charger R/T Daytona GoMango 120/200
    6.1L / SRT-Max / Eagle MDS Lifter / Mopar TCM / Trinity / Getrag 3.06 LSD / Dominator 3400 TC / Tranzformer / NoESP / SRT8 Brembo & Suspension / SLP LT Headers / Volant Catback / MSD Light / STR Trufiber Hood / SRT Front Bumper / Mygig RHR & Rear & Front view Camera

2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona R & T

Share This Thread