LX Forums Forum banner

The Dave Coults Memorial Meet and Greet at 6000 feet 2012

4K views 83 replies 12 participants last post by  RobnTerry 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.lxforums.com/board/f265/dave-coults-memorial-meet-greet-6000-feet-2012-a-300642/

SCHEDULE: (for Saturday the 28th)

- 8:00am-8:30am head for breakfast at Woodwards.
- 9:45am done with breakfast and load up the cars and get ready for departure at 10:00am
sharp(!)
- 10:00am roll out of Woodwards heading to Loon Mountain.
- 10:15am Arrive at Loon and assemble in parking lot for group photo.
- 10:30am Ride gondola to top (optional activity) -
$5 fee extra
- 11:45am Back to the parking lot at Loon for 12 o'clock departure.
- 12pm noon Leave Loon for scenic ride across the Kancamagus Highway to Rocky Gorge for stretching and sightseeing.
- 12:30pm Arrive at Rocky Gorge.
- 1:30pm Depart Rocky Gorge for The Red Parka Restaurant via Passaconaway Rd and a covered bridge. (sorry...not enough time for stopping this year)
- 2pm arrive at The Reda Parka for lunch.
- 3:30pm (or whenever lunch concludes) leave and head to Gorham to The Royalty for check-in and kickin back.
- 5:45pm head for Mt Washington! This year we meet in the parking lot across the street from the auto road at the visitors center.
- 6pm Assemble and line up for 6:15pm departure to the summit.

This year we are leaving later to avoid (hopefully) most of the downbound traffic we encountered last year. We also will not be stopping enroute to take pictures. Sorry guys, but this will allow more time on the summit and give us a couple of minutes to remember the friend we all lost last year in a short memorial in which we will cast some of Dave's ashes to the wind.

Sunset is at roughly 8:15pm (give or take a few) and once the sun goes down we head back down the mountain! Once down the mountain, we head back to the hotel for some hanging out (out back of the hotel) and sharing some good times and some beers...or whatever you car to enjoy.

Sunday....if the restaurant across the parking lot is open...we can have some breakfast before hitting the road for home.

Those that have been in the past say "it was awesome and we're going again". I plan to attend this year and it would be good if we could get a bunch together.:rock:

You are cordially invited to New England Mopar Club's 5th annual...

Dave Coults Memorial Meet and Greet at 6000'

Come and celebrate with us the life and memory of our dear friend Dave Coults (nhdave).
Dave was an active member on LXForums and of New England Mopar Club and was taken from us last year.
There will be a short memorial service and a moment of silence on the mountain during which some of his ashes will be spread. We know he loved this event and loved the mountain.

The Event:
We will enjoy a winding cruise on the Kancamagus Highway through New Hampshire's White Mountain range, followed by a restaurant lunch and then a drive to the top of the highest peak east of the Mississippi, Mount Washington, for a spectacular view of the sunset!

Who is invited?
ALL family and friends are welcome to attend!

When is it?
Saturday, July 28, 2012

Where is it?
The Mount Washington Auto Road, Gorham, NH.

Where can we stay?
details forthcoming

SCHEDULE: to be determined

Sit down Restaraunt Lunch Menu: (all prices include tax, gratuity, and PayPal fees)

Option #1:$25
* BBQ Chicken Statler Breast with ½ pound of ribs.

Option #2: $25
* Baked stuffed Shrimp and ½ pound of Steak tips.

Option #3: $21
* Vegetable Napoleon

Option #4: $21
* Vegan Steamed Vegetables with fresh herbs and a baked potato.

Kids under 10 years of age: $10 (includes salad bar and a beverage) (we are negotiating to get kids under 5 to eat free)

• Mac & Cheese
  • Chicken Tenders

Pricing:

Auto Road Sunset Tour:
Adults: $30 and Kids ages 5-12: $13 (prices include PayPal fees)

Combined lunch and Autoroad: Adults $51 or $55 (depending on your choice of meal), Kids: under negotiation

REGISTRATION: You MUST register to attend this event! PayPal payments are currently being accepted. As in past years, early payment is encouraged and appreciated!

( Please send pm for payment options)

SHIRTS: design and pricing forthcoming

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Friday, July 27th

Woodwards Resort
527 US Route 3
Lincoln, NH
Here is their website: Woodwards Resort.

The folks at Woodwards are looking forward to our fifth return and have offered us a rate of $129.00 (includes tax), up $10 from last year.
They have a meal plan which is $29.00 (not including meals tax)per person and includes dinner and breakfast. Their meal plan simply cannot be beat!

25 rooms are reserved. When making reservations, use the code NEMC. Anyone at the front desk can help you.
They REQUIRE full payment when making the reservation. That is their policy so we have to deal with it. If opting for the meal plan, that is paid for at check-in.

Rooms that have not been booked by June 22nd will be released!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 28th

The Royalty Inn
130 Main Street,
Gorham, NH 03581
Here is their website: The Royalty Inn

The Royalty has quoted us a rate of
$94 per night for single queen room and $104 for double queen room. We have reserved 50 rooms and they will not charge your credit card until the day of your arrival.

When reserving a room, use the code: NEMC to get the negotiated rate.

Rooms that have not been booked by June 22nd will be released!

--------------------------------------------------------------

as an alternative:

Town & Country Motor Inn (please note that we do not have a room agreement with them)
RT 2
Shelburne, NH 03581
Here is their website:Town & Country Inn

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for getting the word out Garry! I'll get more information posted regarding food pricing and total event cost as soon as I can and will let you know when I do so you can keep your thread up to date.

Link to t-shirt design voting thread

Reactions: whelin
#6 ·
St. Patricks Day bump!

If anybody is able to pay early, we'd appreciate it! We have two contracts needing deposits by April and are only part of the way there.

Here some pictures from previous years...

Come make some of your own memories!

#12 ·
We really do want to try to come this year. I will discuss with Rob and let you all know for sure in a few days if that is ok? T

#19 ·
I'm very excited to have you guys north of the border coming to this event!

fwiw...Gas prices in the Conway NH area are between $3.69 and $3.89 per gallon right now and may be a little less come July.

#21 ·
Amazing photos!! It makes me even more excited to join up this year! I think a few of us will be "convoying" there together? I think.... We are just following the leader! LOL

#22 ·
I should remind everyone to bring warm clothes to wear up the mountain...:) I have seen it be 90 degrees F at the bottom and 40 degree F at the top with winds gusting over 30 mph. So bring something warm and know that you'll be able to get out and enjoy yourself without chattering teeth and goosebumps...lol

#24 ·
One year...I think it was early 90's...Michelle and I were on the back side of Mt. Washington (in Jackson) on August 14th I think and there was enough fresh snow to throw snowballs. As New Englanders like to say: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."

I am planning on snow this year simply because we are remembering our good friend Dave Coults and his son Chris should be coming out from Arizona...and every time Chris is out here...it snows! We got 8 inches of snow in late October last year and it snowed lightly in the end of March early April when he was out here again.

#26 ·
Hi folks! Just a reminder that the rooms at the hotels (Woodwards and The Royalty Inn) will be released tomorrow! Get your reservations in now so you don't have to sleep in your car ;) There are still rooms reserved and available.

Just to make it clear, we will be spending Friday night at Woodwards in Lincoln NH and Saturday night at The Royalty Inn in Gorham NH.

Just over one month to go!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.