Post Thanks / Like

Installing LED light strips in trunk, how do I wire them?

Looking to install a couple of super white LED strips in my trunk. I have an idea on how I'm gonna mount them but need some advice on how to wire them so they come on as soon as I open my trunk. Do I route the power wire to the trunk light assembly? And if I do that how would I go about doing that so it's a clean install? Any other wiring options I can go where they only light up when the trunk is open? I'm not running no switch so that's not an option. Thanks
    2006 Charger R/T
    MODS: JBA System..K&N CAI..ESP delete..93 Flashpaq..20" Black Vipers..15% tint..tinted tails..Blinker mod..Decal/Door Molding Delete..Hood decal blackout..Silverstars..Jenson 9021 touchhscreen..12" JL Sub.."Superwhite" dome lights..quarter panel stripe kit..trunk blkout..daytona grille,chin spoiler,spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say tap the stock switch that runs the trunk lights
    Thor From Sweden - Forged MSRT '06
    Procharger D1SC // Ford 80lb
    Legmakers // AAC // Billet Tech // 3G CustomZ // Diablo
    Innovate LC1 // Nitrous Outlet Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    run a power wire from battery/ fuse box a toggle switch then to your lights, that way you can turn them on when you want to.....
    Hemi Registry #1348 SuperFrawgie 1361

Post Thanks / Like
    I did exactly that and it was an easy add on. Simply splice the two wires of the LED strip to the two wires going to the factory trunk light. You can check with a volt meter as to which wire is hot and which wire is ground. Quick 15 minute job.

Share This Thread