LX Forums Forum banner

Blue Beast Build on Steroids

9K views 95 replies 32 participants last post by  J-Z 
#1 ·
Some people have asked me what's up with the SuperBee for next year? So I figured I'd make a little post. Well she"s getting a new improved motor, that will probably/hopefully handle just about any abuse I throw at her. I have a shoebox stuffed full of old timeslips from the old motor, lost track of the runs over last 2.5 years. It's a well known fact that when you get a DingBat (me especially) behind the wheel you never know what abuse will occur. It's taken me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. I toyed with going the turbo or supercharger route, but that's just too many more parts to break and complicate my already complicated life. I even toyed with buying a short block from one/several of our great vendors here on the forum. That said I realized that what I enjoy most is building my own stuff with good friends. So I'm putting them all back through the punishing task of doing this all over again. I've decided to stick with my nitrous and see just how far I can push it. In order to do this I've done my search and here's where I'm going.

395 CI Stroker
Cemented block 3 inches up the water jacket (essentially most of the bore is surrounded, leaving 2 inches of flow) Jeff, I know it's not lighter lol...
CP custom piston 13.5:1 compression ratio
Carrillo custom pro series rods w/carr
Scat 3.795' stroke
Cam 24x / 25x
90 mm TB w/built in nitrous
Direct Port nitrous system
Lots of other stuff....

All the old setup sitting w/Paramount Trans/tbrake, 8.8, 4:10 gears, 15 inch conversion, Full CAGE and other custom work, full fuel system running Ethanol........Yes this is an all purpose built race car at this point, I won't deny it any longer...lol....As for the next question, how much nitrous you plan on running you crazy fool? I have plenty of sized pills for the TB and I have pills going up to 500 for the DP system....so yeah this might be unchartered territory......?

Anyway will keep u posted if interested, otherwise see ya all at the track.

See less See more
#15 ·
So am I, really curious to see if she'll hold that much juice...I want to get this done for MATS again.

Yeeee-haw you crazy ass! If I can ever repay the labor favor when it comes time just let me know.

Good luck, Dave.....
Don't worry I will give you a shout....

Now that is what I'm talkin about! Know what you want and go for it! :) I say 8's Dave. Just need enough spray to do it! :)
You got it my friend, shooting for that number without hesitation.

Full On ... I hope to see you in the 9's at the track.
Yes but I have a different figure in mind.

Let me know when the therapy sessions start and I am there.
Very soon my friend....

Gonna have any leftover parts for sale? Us vultures would love a crack at yer sweet mods :)
Ya know, I most likely will have leftover parts, especially nitrous stuff.....I hear someone has already bought my cam. I'm envisioning an lx garage sale at Ding's.

#5 ·
Sounds like quite a build, so no Mopars at the Strip this year?

#7 ·
Now that is what I'm talkin about! Know what you want and go for it! :) I say 8's Dave. Just need enough spray to do it! :)

#9 ·
Sounds like its going to be a fun ride, cant wait to see the new time slips.

#14 ·
Gonna have any leftover parts for sale? Us vultures would love a crack at yer sweet mods :)

#16 ·
I'll be down at Ding's on Monday, looks like I might get a sneak peak

#17 ·
Hadn't heard of the cementing deal before..that to try and strengthen cylinder walls and give up a little cooling? I bet that's a tricky process getting it in to where you want. Any long term issues with pieces coming loose and floaing/sticking?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Helps keep the blocks shape under stress. Should cool down between runs better. The stuff has a bit of flex so it should not crack or fall apart.

#19 · (Edited)
Did a little google, saw hardblok--looks wild. Talk about going "all in- balls to the wall"! The bee will never be daily driver again.

I can just hear the conversation with the wife..I'm gonna fill engine with cement. Won't that ruin it? No, its gonna make it faster..
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#21 ·
You're assuming I had to ask the wife, lol.....The cementing of blocks has been around for some time, just not in a newer car. It's cheaper then sleeving a block and I believe it has a lot of benefits. So will I be able to street the car? Good question, I didn't fill the block in its entirety so we will see.

#22 ·
Yeah, block filling has been around a while! :) Lots of old school guys do it for serious builds. No reason it shouldn't work on a superior designed modern block either! :)

#24 ·
Sounds pretty awesome Dave, I cannot wait to see it come to life.

#27 ·
What was the reason they didn't work proper

#30 ·
Really curious to see how the partial cement filled block cools on the street. Good luck with the 8s!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.