Post Thanks / Like

Braided rad hoses

Hi guys, well I wanna make my engine bay look sexier now and I am in need of some nice braided rad hoses. So my question is we're can I find some bigger braided lines to put in place of factory rad hoses, does anyone have this mod done at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a good place to start, you can even send them a hose and they will cover braid it,Spectre Performance - Official Site
    Spectre Performance - Official Site

You may even find one of these on amazon (thats where I got mine) or summitracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    ----440ci +---aluminum block---viper---venom---red------------------------------click---Hemissary----to see at----CarDomain----

Post Thanks / Like

Smile How to cover your hoses w/spectra steel braided sleeve

Here are some pics of how I covered my hoses w/Spectra braided cover. Keep in mind that the upper hose has 2 different size ends so measure carefully before ordering your hose ends,and there are 2 different kinds of braided covering,one is actual stainless which needs to be cut with a cut off wheel and the other is tin plated copper which you can cut with ordinary scissors. If you use their hose ends(2 piece style) with a BT water neck,the I.D will need to be opened up using a lathe or a dremel tool

Heres the new upper hose,ends and covering

BT waterneck and hose end to be opened up

Measuring the hose end

Use that measurement to mark your hose so you know how much sleeve overlap is needed

Slide the sleeving over the hose and mark for your cuts

Place tape on the sleeving where cut is to be made

Clamp the hose w/needdle nose vise grips

and make your cut

Use black electrical tape to build up ends

Tape the ends of the sleeve in place,once again using black electrical tape

Put your hose ends on and your done

Make sure to tighten and re tighten your hose clamps over the next few days after install as the tape adhesive gets soft from the heat and your hose may slip off if not re-tightend ( don't even ask how I know),D
    • '08 R/T,R&T,Mopar CAI, strut brace & rear air diffuser,Diablo 91 oct CAI tune,BT waterneck,catch can,fusebox,strut & cap covers,Jet 180* t-stat,RE hood/trunk strut covers, UAS, Accuair,Progress F&R sways,SPC UCAs,JHS Adj. camber links, BigD sway end links,Koni Adj. shocks,,22" staggered Lexani LX-15s,Painted ABS cover,radiator tank,firewall & radiator shroud,Stainless braided lines,3Gs custom cover insert,Tinted windows,tails,BFX HIDs,VDI doors,Billet pedals,Hurst billet shifter,R/T logo trunk liner,Flowmaster super 40s, Blastin' bob resos,4" DW tips.
    • 1999 Dakota CC R/T
    • 1968 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Spectre also sell universal braided flexible hoses in different lengths, just need the length of the rad hose, order the size closest and can cut to fit.
    What's the matter Col. Sanders.....CHICKEN????? - Dark Helmet
    "It stops like a duck on a frozen pond" - JC,TGUK

2005 300C: BC Racing, Eibach Sways, 22" Savini BM-7, SRT8 Bumper, SRT8 Full Exhaust, CF AirHammer CAI, Lots of BT and Color Matched under the hood, Color Matched Headlights with Blue Plasma Halos, Custom Painted Tails. Next Step: Interior.

Share This Thread