Post Thanks / Like

Misc. Mod list. Seeking Mentor of sorts...

I am looking to install some mods, but since it's my first time modding, I would like it very much if someone who has some experience could help and mentor me in.

I would like to install some new headlights, taillights, and somehow make my exhaust/engine sound like it has some "noise" or a nice punch behind it...

Some more heart weakening tasks id like to accomplish is shaved door handles, maybe some lambo/scissor doors, something really eye catching.

also, can someone tell me what "demolding" is?

Post Thanks / Like
    First demolding is taking the door molding off of your car it is advised that you do it on a hot day so that the glue is easier to come off. First what year is your car because apparently if it is a 05 and possibly 06 you may have some paint work to do after you take them off but if you are shaving your door handles then you will want to paint anyways. When it comes to headlights I would get halos and install them in the headlights before you get the ones off of eBay just my opinion some people might say they are ok but they are not that bright some of them. The tail lights I got were actually from eBay and they are a black chrome with LEDs and then when my car was painted the top sand side of the tail lights were painted to match. Now if you would like to put verticals doors on your car go through a company On the forums here there are a few vendors on here that sell them I think and they can walk ya through instructions on how to do that because I haven't installed them before.
    For your exhaust what motor do you have? If you have a 3.5l v6 you can put on a used srt8 exhaust no problem and take out the resonators at the back and it sounds great. If you have a 5.7 or 6.1 then you might want to look at Corsa extreme I believe the model is or a magnaflow.
    I hope this info helps..
    Good luck.
    2007~DODGE~CHARGER
    CHECK~OUT~MY~GARAGE

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you are willing to make a road trip i can help with all of the thing that you are wanting to do. i help a lot of members here. i have a meet and mod day here at the house 1 or 2 times a year. i am in hamilton ohio 45015. so just give me a google and come one down

Post Thanks / Like
    Might help to know year,make and model of you car and also where you are located?
    Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.
    05 Magnum Mineral Grey RT Hemi Reg# 00310

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 06 Maggie sxt with a 3.5 high output. It's a silver one!

I think i uploaded pictures... Meh my phone is bad

This information has helped so much already. I will find a day off sometime to make that drive to Ohio.

So are halos the projectors? I may be confused... I Want to slap some projector lights on the front. Could you share a link to the lights you have?

I've been told my car will sound great if i put a tip on the end of the exhaust...

I'd love HIDs but they are not worth it i hear...

Sent from my Norelco RAZR.
    Last edited by Superthrust; 01-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Halo's are like a frame around the light. This set has projectors with halo's. There's also led tails or tint/paint the stock ones.

Depending on how much you want to spend on the exhaust, a cheaper way is to replace the resonator with a Blastin Bob set up.
    Whatever mods you decide to do, you'll end up changing it again down the road anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I really want those tail lights and headlights. So maybe I can find some halos and projectors in the same unit. Do I have to have a certain light in projectors?

Post Thanks / Like
    They can be found on ebay and some on-line places. The headlights don't take a stock bulb (should be included) and some aren't as good as stock. I only ran mine for a couple months for the summer and didn't run them last year. The tails are a simple swap but use your stock turn and reverse bulbs. Check around, prices will vary. If you find a set you like, search the number and see who else has them. I got my headlights here:Get It Now! Dodge Magnum Projector Headlights - Best Deals & FREE SHIPPING|K2 Motor they also have tails. Do a search here for headlights and taillights and you should find threads with pics and opinions. You could also bake your headlights and install the halos yourself. I'm kinda partial to eyelids myself after having both.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do eyelids do? And I'm not so keen on baking and installing on my only set in case I Damage something.

I'll check out that site. Most I wanna do right now is headlights and tails... Seems easy Enough!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^besides adding 20 extra hp, they make the car look better haha... I'm a newbie as well. happy modding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStayClean View Post
    ^besides adding 20 extra hp, they make the car look better haha... I'm a newbie as well. happy modding.
    Well then...why WOULDNT i need them!? lol! Where can i get me some eyelids lol.

Share This Thread