Post Thanks / Like

Black-Out Side Marker Lights - Options???

So I am investigating blacking out my side marker lights, both front and back. I know that I basically have three (3) options:
    1. Vinyl tint overlay
    2. RPI has a set of acrylic overlays which attach with peel and stick tape
    3. Paint the inside of the lens

I am leaning towards option 3 more as the vinyl overlay will most likely get scratched up and start peeling off and the acrylic overlays are expensive at $60 plus shipping.

I am wondering what others have done to black out their side marker lights and whether they liked the results.

Can anyone recommend a type and color code of paint if I do decide to paint them? Also, does anyone know if you are able to open the lights up so that you can paint the inside or do you have to spray the entire outside of the light only?

BTW - I need to make sure that the lights are seen when used, as they are functional turn signals also, but are black when off. Also I want to make sure they are not too dark as light needs to get through them at night.

Catch me if you can...............

2010 SRT8 Furious Fuchsia, 6 Speed
    #218 of 400

Proud Member of BC Modern Mopar

Post Thanks / Like
    personally i'm going to be colour-matching mine...if you're going for black tho just use some vht niteshades...you can go as dark as you need to and you'll still get light through it, so they'll be functional

Post Thanks / Like
    I have color matched vinyl on mines. The light bleeds through at night. No peeling and I had them done early 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

BRIALLANT BLACK TRANSLUSCENT WITH A 360 DEGREE SUPER WHITE L.E.D BULB FROM CARID.COM..I BOUGHT CNHEAP CORNERS FROM EBAY HAD THEM PAINTED.I DID HAVE PROBLEMS BREAKING THE TABS,FINALLY GOT THEM IN AND ONE DIDNT SIT RIGHT HAD TO RIG THE TAB WITH SOME TAPE BUT ITS HIDDEN AND CAN NEVER BE SEEN

Post Thanks / Like
    my 2 cents worth,,, anything that is ugly orange from the factory will be blk when you nightshade it BUT will lite up red when you put a clear bulb behind it....
    id suggest putting a vinyl sticker you like over where the bulb would be then paint the lite body color (outside lense) then peel the sticker carefully and clear coat the lite 3-4 times...
    ,,, demoulded...say no to chrome , jina's upholstery console cover and headrests,, hid drivin lites,,

wish list -- more upholstery work.,,, rims, exhaust..and air brushing.

Post Thanks / Like
    with my set up you can see the light when on but when lights are off its blacked out

Share This Thread