Post Thanks / Like

electrical heat strips for front windshield

So it's the snowy season and while this year it's been mild and weird (we got dumped with 8 inches of snow Friday and two days later it's all melted with 40* temp) I always think if it's possible to install heating strips on the underside of the windshield to melt the wipers etc off of ice. I know Dodge Caravan cars have the heat strips inside the windshield for years now.

Anyone done this or heard it actually working going aftermarket?
    Should be a doable job especially for the 2005-2007 cars where the speaker grilles can be removed giving easy access to lower part of the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that if heat is not applied evenly to the windshield that you run a real good chance of breaking it. Don't ask how I know this might happen...

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would like to hear if anyone has done this. By the way, the new Caravans don't have the strip.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Blacked out wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, Euro rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" FR Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Extra glove box, ash tray, door pockets, foot well, overhead console & cup holder LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front mounted parking sensors. Rear seat electric heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom ront lip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a kit that heats your washer fluid for Xmas. Now, I'm not crazy enough to try it on my Superbee but I might try it on my truck. Looks interesting.
    Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky...
    Maysville, KY

Post Thanks / Like
    My family had a Caravan years ago with the windshield heat strips (defroster). It worked great! I do wish all cars had them!

I also wish all cars had heated side-view mirrors too...

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten!
    2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
    2007 Ram 1500 4x4

I'm not an actor, but I do play one on TV.

Share This Thread