Post Thanks / Like

electrical heat strips for front windshield

So it's the snowy season and while this year it's been mild and weird (we got dumped with 8 inches of snow Friday and two days later it's all melted with 40* temp) I always think if it's possible to install heating strips on the underside of the windshield to melt the wipers etc off of ice. I know Dodge Caravan cars have the heat strips inside the windshield for years now.

Anyone done this or heard it actually working going aftermarket?
    Should be a doable job especially for the 2005-2007 cars where the speaker grilles can be removed giving easy access to lower part of the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that if heat is not applied evenly to the windshield that you run a real good chance of breaking it. Don't ask how I know this might happen...

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would like to hear if anyone has done this. By the way, the new Caravans don't have the strip.

inTune 91 CAI, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS defeat switch, Tranzformer, blacked out wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, Euro rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 255/45/20 Nitto 420's, Boss 338 wheels, painted calipers. Glovebox, ash tray, door pockets, overhead console & cup holder LED additions. Blastin Bob 6db reso delete pipes. Euro LED side signal repeaters, 55/35 window tint, BT catch can. Color matched tail lights. Custom front lip. LED interior lighting. BT interior stuff. Lowered on BCR Coilovers. Front mounted parking sensors. 180 degree T-stat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a kit that heats your washer fluid for Xmas. Now, I'm not crazy enough to try it on my Superbee but I might try it on my truck. Looks interesting.
    Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky...
    Maysville, KY

Post Thanks / Like
    My family had a Caravan years ago with the windshield heat strips (defroster). It worked great! I do wish all cars had them!

I also wish all cars had heated side-view mirrors too...

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, Kona Blue
    2007 Ram 1500 4x4

I'm not an actor, but I do play one on TV.

Share This Thread