Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

To those with switchback LED turn signals....

How was the install? Did you take off the fascia?

I am completely lost as soon as you put a bunch of wires in front of me, but I pretty much get it, I just have to tap the load resistor into the ground and the wire for the turn signal... but which ones are those? lol Last time I looked, there were 3, all different colors I believe.

Also, really my only important question, where did you put the load resistor? Do you have a pic you can show me? It says they get really hot, so only mount it on metal. I just want to know the best place to put it, I don't want to leave it just hanging.

Any other info you want to share is appreciated.

TIA
    CAI, Cherry Bomb catback, 20" Two-tone Chally SRTs, painted calipers, tinted everything... and some other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Resistors don't get too hot that they will melt everything especially the ones you have that look like gold bars. I would just wrap then in electrical tape to be lazy but it should be fine. You normally plug one end to positive and the other to ground. Tap into the black wire for ground and both positive wires are brown and numbered. Just tap into one of the brown wires. Turn on the signal and if it doesn't work properly then plug it in to the other wire. You won't blow anything.

- 2007 Charger 3.5 - Mods: 22" Staggered Forged Brushed Lorenzo's, VFN Hood, AEM intake, BT Catch Can, SS Braided hoses, Diablo Tuner, Billet Strut Tower Brace, Hemi calipers, Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors, SRT Suspension, SRT Sways, 6000k HID Head/Fog Lights, Led interior/exterior/underhood, Custom Two Tone Vinyl, Painted Sidemarkers, 3g Abs cover, 5% Limo Tint, 2010 OEM Projector Headlight conversion, 2010 Tails, Daytona grill/spoiler, Custom 2010 Tails and trunk, Borla dual exhaust with H-Pipe, Billet Tech goodies, Funky Cold goodies, Interior wrap. Coming Soon - Custom headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    especially the ones you have that look like gold bars. I would just wrap then in electrical tape to be lazy but it should be fine.
    Ok, those are the ones I bought, and the electrical tape was what I was thinking I'd do. Maybe tape it to that metal beam below the light, at least I think it's metal. lol

I don't need to disconnect the battery to do this, do I? I don't really see why I have to..

Thanks! You have blue switchbacks right? You ever get any attention from cops? I bought red... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Only light up front allowed is white/amber. Only flashing light allowed up front is amber. Rear flashing lights can only be red/amber. Rear lights can only be red.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this. lol At least they don't flash red. We'll see how it goes, my mods so far haven't attracted LEO attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    where do i get me some of this kind of LED lights from as i would like to this kind of mods to my 300C.

Post Thanks / Like
    EBay has then for cheap. Vled is a good seller.

Pic of the led white inner led signals. Matches 6000k pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviving this thread to see if anyone knows how to fix this...

I received my bulbs and they both work, kind of. My problem is instead of the bulb lighting red as running lights and flashing amber when the turn signals are applied, they're running as amber and flashing as red.

Is there some kind of mix up here? Did I make a mistake? lol It's really annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe try flipping the bulb around? Were you successful with installing the resistors?

-Thank you to my sponsors & supporting companies: AMP, Baid Polish, BFNY, Billet Technology, Crank This Performance, Diablosport, Essential Lites, JP USA/ Vizage, LuX Technologies, The Retrofit Source

-My E85 5.7 FI build: http://www.lxforums.com/board/f61/mi...ge-etc-293543/

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I did that lol I'm going to try again, maybe the splices on the resistors weren't connecting or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could see it look cool on the Charger.
    Any photos, vids of switchbacks on Magnums?
    I'm afraid that it would not look that good on a Magnum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine installed in 15 minutes. You can choose either use wire-clap or solder the wire at the connector end. The 2nd option will give it a cleaner look.

Mount the load resistors with metal zipties to place you like. Hide it away if you want a clean look.

Here is mine setup. I have the 60-60 switchback from autolumination. Had them for 8 months now and they are good as new.

Autolumination Charger Switchback LED turn signal - YouTube
    Mods: A lot
    She is done. No More Modding for a looong time
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic40382_6.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post
    Got mine installed in 15 minutes. You can choose either use wire-clap or solder the wire at the connector end. The 2nd option will give it a cleaner look.

Mount the load resistors with metal zipties to place you like. Hide it away if you want a clean look.

Here is mine setup. I have the 60-60 switchback from autolumination. Had them for 8 months now and they are good as new.

Autolumination Charger Switchback LED turn signal - YouTube
    Why was the camera so shaky? Do you have what Tom Hanks had in Saving Private Ryan?

2Mins 5 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-kQe0M1QI&fmt=22
    Last edited by rickdogg; 01-23-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdogg View Post
    Why was the camera so shaky? Do you have what Tom Hanks had in Saving Private Ryan?

that's not the point. and let's not get the thread derailed.

Post Thanks / Like
    If u want red lights in front your just asking for trouble. You will get pulled over. And you will get a ticket. It happen to me..lol..gl
    12.60@111 on 22's BIG THANKS TO LONNIE whitehemi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread