Killeen, Tx via Fayetteville, NC via Worthington, OH
    Post Thanks / Like

Brembo Restoration

I am sick of the pinkish look that my Brembos have started to take on. I had the same issue with my Evo, only worse. So tomorrow I will start a restoration process. I start by taking a medium/fine grit wet paper and sand the crap out of them, to a dull finish. Then take a high tem clear and put 3 coats....voila.....like new finish.

Pics to come!!
    SOLD: 22" American Racing Torque Trust "M", Custom Flowmaster Catback, LED Tails, Projector Headlights, OE Radio with Bluetooth, Nav, and DVD, 6000K HID Low Beams, 6000K HID Fogs, SRT8 Full Seat Swap, SRT8 Suspension Swap, C&L Intake, Diablo Predator 93 Octane Tune, Papa John Pistol grip shifter, leather wrapped center console, leather wrapped shift bezel. 1 pissed off wife.....shoulda bought an SRT8!!

NEW: 2006 Charger SRT8 with custom paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I just clean mine with dawn, get all the brake dust off, chip off any loose paint, go with a hobby knife and make sure the remaining clear has no loose edges, I heat them up with a heat gun, then I tape off the rotors, and use some high temp clear enamel. Let that dry overnight, and you're good to go. I have had to do this every year, but it beats having pink brakes lol

Post Thanks / Like
    07 SRT has 30,000 miles no discolor... 09 Jeep SRT has been driven to hell and back through snow and ice 50,000 miles still bright red. But ill keep this in mind.

Another good note. Testors model paint... RED matches any spots that need touch up pretty good
    2005 Bright Silver Metallic 300C (Stolen, Recovered, Sold to another member)
    2007 Yellow Super Bee Charger SRT8 #0960 of 1000 (KB 2.8 Super Charged and keeping forever)
    2009 Modern Blue Pearl Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Traded for something that wasnt such a lush)
    2012 Black Avenger R/T
    2012 Maximum Steel Grand Cherokee Altitude

"Viewed from half a world away, a bomb is a political concern; viewed from less than a foot away, a bomb is just a high-stakes exercise in problem-solving, where making a mistake means a final, terminal education in the physics of expanding gases"

Share This Thread