Post Thanks / Like

Question Sequential Tails.....

So got a steal on my webelectric tails from Mopar Supercenter!! Thanks for honoring the price even though it was really too good to be true.

Here is the deal, the tail lights dont look nearly as cool as they do in the numerous videos I have seen on youtube....I have done everything per instruction and even run the hazards for five minutes.

I disconnected the phone cord from both sides and the sequential pattern improved greatly.

I guess my question is do these things take a few drive cycles turn signals to truely adapt to the flasher. At some point will they get more into "phase" with those that are on youtube?

Any ideas if the cold temps affect the learn time of the electronics....

Or am I just impatient?
    JBA shorties catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth I, K/N typhoon, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, mopar TCM, blue tops, R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads, SRT MAX on 112, CNC Inertia Heads milled, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag 09 axles installed!#157 of 1400
    157 0f 1400
    http://s182.beta.photobucket.com/use...20563452620283

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you able to post a video?? I thought they looked pretty good after I hooked mine up.

Thanks Hazman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyDaytona View Post
    So got a steal on my webelectric tails from Mopar Supercenter!! Thanks for honoring the price even though it was really too good to be true.
    Gotta thank Brandon for that, real nice guy!

Here is the deal, the tail lights dont look nearly as cool as they do in the numerous videos I have seen on youtube....
    What do you mean by '' not nearly as cool ''? Are they too fast? Not in sync? Please explain.

I disconnected the phone cord from both sides and the sequential pattern improved greatly.
    Again, how did they improve? What changed?

I guess my question is do these things take a few drive cycles turn signals to truely adapt to the flasher. At some point will they get more into "phase" with those that are on youtube? Any ideas if the cold temps affect the learn time of the electronics....
    You should try giving Web Electric a call, they will surely be able to answer your questions... and don't forget to let us know what they told you.

Quote Originally Posted by sublime195 View Post
    Are you able to post a video?? I thought they looked pretty good after I hooked mine up.
    I would also like to see.
    2010 Charger R/T R&T
    DS Predator / AMG Paddles / LMI Air Hammer Intake / JBA Mid Pipes with High Flow Cats / Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust / Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs / Sequential Tail Lights

Proud member of the Canadian Mopar Owners Association

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine yesterday, installed today. Turn signals are working but they do not seem synchronized. Also, there is no difference when using the hazards or braking ( all bulbs light up at the same time ). Does it sound like something you have? I also followed installation and troubleshooting procedures?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried that and it seems to have fixed the problems. Only thing I could not verify was the brake lights but the hazards now work just like right and left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are working better I will have to take a video tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are working better I will have to take a video tomorrow
    Looking forward to see it!

I did a bit of research on the phone cord ( was wondering what it's purpose was ) and it would keep the brake and hazard lights from being sequential ( I thought they were supposed to be ). Also, not using the phone cord could cause the modules to overheat in traffic, cause the lights to blink really fast and basically blow the sequential modules. Read this info on Challenger forums, not sure it applies for our cars? Most people don't seem to use the phone cord...

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoke with Brandon from Mopar Supercenter yesterday, came back to me with a confirmation today after speaking with WebElectric. As I read on the internet, not using the phone cord could cause the modules to overheat in traffic, causing the lights to blink really fast and basically blow the sequential modules. I'll take a chance with mine and leave it as is, I really like having the sequential effect on the brake lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first plugged them in, I turned on my hazards and left it on for 10 min. to get them in sink. Haven't had a problem since and it has been several years.
    Last edited by juanitorus; 01-31-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    GoMango ->2197

This car has seen it all since the day she was born:
    From Myrtle Beach, SC->Fayetteville, NC->Brunssum, Netherlands->Savannah, GA->Redding, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by juanitorus View Post
    When I first plugged them in, I turned on my hazards and left it on for 10 min. to get them in sink. Haven't had a problem since and it has been several years.
    Are you using the phone cord?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got mine installed today and they seem fine. Cant confirm the brake lights though. I have the phone cord linked but once I have some time in with them I will disconnect and see if there are any issues or benefits. Sure like the way they look though......
    LEENEVI
    SRT 8 2009 Charger
    Child seat (yah its a mod!), CAI, Magnaflow catback, dynamic ground kit, Predator, Clear Markers, BT Catch Can, BT Interior stuff, Eye brows, Sequentials

Share This Thread