Post Thanks / Like

Resolved, thanks

I have an 06 srt 300. The rear rotor will not come off. I unbolted the caliper already. What am I missing, thanks
    Last edited by GPark; 01-13-2012 at 08:43 PM.

HULK is offline West Coast Style Meets East Coast Power

Post Thanks / Like
    It is probably just rusted onto the hub. Were you able to get the other one off?

Couple things to try:

1) Whack the hub area with a hammer. Be careful not to hit a wheel stud or the area that the pad rides on (unless you arent planning to use these again, or plan to cut them before reuse....). This will help break the bond formed between hub and rotor.

2) Apply liquid wrench (or similar substitute) to hub area where the rotor meets. Reuse hammer from step 1.

3) If rotor still will not come off, a propane torch around the hub area will also help to make things easier. Again, use hammer on the hub area.

I have never had a rotor that would not come off after all of that. There are no set screws that hold these rotors on, so its a matter of force at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Simans82 View Post
    Compared to your modding addiction, I'm just looking at the coke on the table. You on the other hand, you're more like Scarface.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same on my 05 Mag R/T. the problem was never having used the parking brake, it rusted to the inside of the rotor. It came of after a lot of persuasion with a BFH and pry bars. I had to replace the parking brake along with the rotor. It could be that if Hulk's suggestions don't work.
    '05 Magnum R/T-Inertia 407" stroker
    '70 GTX 440-6 (Needs resto)

'66 Belvedere (Project car)
    '10 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I just happen think different then most sometimes.

HULK is offline West Coast Style Meets East Coast Power

Post Thanks / Like
    Also another good point. If you can tell that the rotor has some play to it, then it is definitely not seized on the hub as I was originally suggesting.

If that is the case, then you have got a lot of persuasion ahead of you. As was suggested, the parking brake could be causing a lot of static in regards to binding up on the inside of the hub. The rotor will come off, but it is going to take multiple whacks with the BFH while turning the rotor every so often to work on a different spot. Pry bar is also helpful to if you can get it wedged into the hub area for leverage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got Ithanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol @ BFH!
    2006 Inferno Red Charger SRT8
    K-1 426
    K-1 427

K-1 428

SHR trans|Wavetrac&3.23s|DSS shafts
    Built by Cam
    Tuned by Sohfast94

*Car sold, and missed, September 2013*