Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Thumbs Down!!! Billet Technology Gave Me The Boot But Took they My Loot!!!

Attn all Billet Technology customers..... Just a note about a recent bad Experience I had. I have been an avid, loyal buyer of BT product for several years. I've purchased literally thousands of dollars of their customization products from their online website and eBay for my own cars and others we were upgrading for customers. On Christmas Eve BT ran a 40% off sale on everything until 8:35 PM EST, I of course took advantage of the offering with ample time to meet their odd cut off time. I placed my order using the coupon code BT provided on a Facebook posting earlier in the day. To my surprise BT's website would not accept the coupon code.... So I checked my order and tried again,,,, same error message (other buyers complained of having the same problem.) Anyway, I voiced my concern about the flawed coupon code and their web-checkout problems on their FB page and they removed all of my comments. I then received an email from BT claiming that the reason the coupon code didn't work was because I placed my order too late and that they had experienced no website problems during the sale... WTF???? I had more than 30 minutes before the sale was over as it was 6:58 PM CST in my time zone. I went to their FB page to see if any other had received the same "Blame our problems on the buyer" treatment, only to find that I had been removed from their page and blocked! TALK ABOUT A $HITTY WAY TO TREAT A LONG TIME BUYER WITH $$$$ TO SPEND. THIS FORMER BT CUSTOMER WILL NEVER BUY A SINGLE PIECE OF THEIR UNLICENSED ALUMINUM AGAIN,,, AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER! THINK TWICE, THEY DON"T PLAY NICE!!! =D(

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Call and talk to Heidi and I bet it all gets taken care of. BT is one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with in my life!!!!!
    PWR 393, Twin 6262mm Turbos, SHR trans, Fore Fuel system, Wilson Hemi Sheet Metal Manifold
    880 RWHP 775 RWT at 16 psi and 17* of timing
    Tuned by Robert@ Ditos motors
    Walk Softly And Carry Two Big A$$ Turbos!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We know there are two sides to every story, however my friend you will have a very difficult time convincing anyone here that BT is anything but an upstanding vendor. Their reputation and what they have done for this community is arguably above and beyond any vendor on this or any other site. You are the probably the first in 7 years to say anything negative about them. Just saying. Also this should probably go in the vendor review section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously? Instead of a simple phone call you did your communication/complaining through Facebook?

Come on....Facebook is a novelty to most people over 30. Common sense dictates talking to a person when there's an issue. Call it old-school, but that's the way it's done.
    Last edited by Matty Moo; 01-12-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    2007 300c
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1998 Volvo s70
    Midwest-abs.com

vyper883 is offline 300C- A Demon In Gentleman's Clothing...
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, I've never purchased anything from billet Technology. Not yet anyway....

However, this is the first I've heard of them treating a customer this way. They have been a supporting vendor here for a long time, and I've heard/read nothing but good things about them thus far.

The deal is, (and I'm not saying I don't believe you-you never know) but this is a hell of a first post for a new member, and as a new member, you'd be hard-pressed to garner support for your claim. When people join a forum, the primary reason is not to complain, or discredit a person or business. But your very first post does JUST that.

Any successful businessman worth his sand, would not hesitate to resolve an issue with a customer, as long as the customer shows some respect and decorum, in return. I think there is something you are not telling us.
    Last edited by vyper883; 01-12-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    VYPER883
    300C... A Demon In Gentleman's Clothing...
    300C SRT 8... Pure Evil Dressed to the Nine's...

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****ed with? That's me." Clint Eastwood as Walt Kowalski in Gran Torino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried to call them or contact them in anyway? Simple phone call probably would have been the end of this.
    And you just joined the forum to complain? Or is this a second screen name?
    Oh man I feel a red bean coming.. Trying..........not.........to.....
    Who am I kidding I can't resist myself. Never could really!
    In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster.
    A black haze shut out the sun and the darkness was alive.
    Suddenly a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life. A symbol of hope!
    A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark.
    I LAUGHED and blew it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar thing happened to me, but not on that same scale. I e-mailed them about checkout issues on their website and what to do from there. They pretty much told me that if I had called via telephone that my number would have been logged and that they would call me back to complete my order. That left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth, but I just figured it was a sign to purchase something else from the classifieds here on LX or from another vendor. I didn't bother to complain on the forum or anywhere else because it wasn't that big of a deal to me and just like your thread has proven...no one would believe me anyways. Can't win them all...
    Last edited by rickdogg; 01-12-2012 at 03:48 AM.

-Thank you to my sponsors & supporting companies: AMP, Baid Polish, BFNY, Billet Technology, Crank This Performance, Diablosport, Essential Lites, JP USA/ Vizage, LuX Technologies, The Retrofit Source

-My E85 5.7 FI build: http://www.lxforums.com/board/f61/mi...ge-etc-293543/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdogg View Post
    Similar thing happened to me, but not on that same scale. I e-mailed them about checkout issues on their website and what to do from there. They pretty much told me that if I had called via telephone that my number would have been logged and that they would call me back to complete my order. That left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth, but I just figured it was a sign to purchase something else from the classifieds here on LX or from another vendor. I didn't bother to complain on the forum or anywhere else because it wasn't that big of a deal to me and just like your thread has proven...no one would believe me anyways. Can't win them all...
    Rickdogg... I want your custom wheels. If you don't sell them to me for $100.00, I'm going to join a forum where no one knows me, and complain...

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I understand you are a little upset. I haven't bought anything from BT (yet). Then again I did win a set of billet speaker covers.
    Sometimes a sale is time sensitive. We have folks from all over the world here on the forums that stay up late just to get in on the sale. FYI, it's at BT time zone.
    I suggest you throw your tantrum somewhere else. Heidi and the other folks at BT have sponsored MANY events and have donated time AND products for these events.

Umm, yeah, you will be hard pressed to get any sympathy from anyone here.

I don't usually give out crimson beans........... and I won't start with you.
    But it's only a "click" away.

"A workshop is a Temple where we invoke the blessings of the Gods of invention.
    And seek refuge from the heretics who know not the joy of creating something unique.
    "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper883 View Post
    Rickdogg... I want your custom wheels. If you don't sell them to me for $100.00, I'm going to join a forum where no one knows me, and complain...
    lol

Post Thanks / Like
    lol
    Oh, crap!

That was supposed to be a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Novelty huh? Well BT sure utilizes the hell out of it.... What century are you from old man?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper883 View Post
    To be honest, I've never purchased anything from billet Technology. Not yet anyway....

However, this is the first I've heard of them treating a customer this way. They have been a supporting vendor here for a long time, and I've heard/read nothing but good things about them thus far.

The deal is, (and I'm not saying I don't believe you-you never know) but this is a hell of a first post for a new member, and as a new member, you'd be hard-pressed to garner support for your claim. When people join a forum, the primary reason is not to complain, or discredit a person or business. But your very first post does JUST that.

Any successful businessman worth his sand, would not hesitate to resolve an issue with a customer, as long as the customer shows some respect and decorum, in return. I think there is something you are not telling us.
    Tried working with them and to add insult to injury I was deleted along with my comments. Other members who complained about their checkout problems had their comments deleted as well. Guess this is why you never hear anything bad about Heidi and the BT gang....

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that the truth,,,, I'm new to the forum and not welcome to comment on my experiences freely.... Just because Heidi at BT made them happy once upon a time ago and they've never had an issue with them in the past,,, I've been branded as a liar and given the honorary black hat cowboys.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Red beans? Give me a break. Guy is allowed to voice his displeasure regardless of his number of posts.
    Hang on St. Christopher !!!

"I could lick you quicker than Hell could fizzle a feather"
    Sir John A. MacDonald

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread