Post Thanks / Like

Headlight tinting help. Yay or nay?

So I got a nice set of OEM HID projectors for xmas. I want to give them a nice smoke look, not a complete black out. Maybe just one coat of VHT. Enough where it blends in with the paint a little, but it doesn't kill the light output. I want people to do double takes and be all like, "are those smoked headlights?"

The dilemma here is that people have told me dont do anything to your headlights because they will crack from the heat of the bulbs. But I look around and I see that almost everyone here has smoked or blacked out headlights.

So can I diy with VHT and clear coat? Should I get them professionally done? Or should I just not bother? Let's put this one to bed.
    2008 Charger SRT8 dubbed "The Sequel." Black on black is back.

Tell your friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lightarmor.com I believe is the site..they have headlights and fog light films with instructions and the sqeegue to install it without any hassles..I bought mine and have it sitting in my room waiting for the warm weather to get to chicago lol

Posted from my DROID!
    *New for 2013: PWR Heads,GTP S3 Ported Manifold,90mm TB*,Tuned,Slammed (SOLD 6-14-13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt_Driver View Post
    Lightarmor.com I believe is the site..they have headlights and fog light films with instructions and the sqeegue to install it without any hassles..I bought mine and have it sitting in my room waiting for the warm weather to get to chicago lol

Posted from my DROID!
    i've seen those but i've also seen people put films on their lights and 2 weeks later the lenses are cracked from the trapped heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Film! Now that's a good idea!!

inTune 91 CAI, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS defeat switch, Tranzformer, blacked out wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, Euro rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 255/45/20 Nitto 420's, Boss 338 wheels, painted calipers. Glovebox, ash tray, door pockets, overhead console & cup holder LED additions. Blastin Bob 6db reso delete pipes. Euro LED side signal repeaters, 55/35 window tint, BT catch can. Color matched tail lights. Custom front lip. LED interior lighting. BT interior stuff. Lowered on BCR Coilovers. Front mounted parking sensors. 180 degree T-stat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a guy that has a yellow kit on his white m3 for 3yrs now

Posted from my DROID!

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm.... ill have to do some more research into the pre cut tint

Post Thanks / Like
    painting the inside of the housing black will give u that blended look with all the normal output

Share This Thread