Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

8.4/8.4N Easter Eggs (dealer mode)

So far, there are two known hidden functions in the Nav screens. One is a set of dealer options and the second is a method to take screen shots of the 8.4 screen.

To access dealer mode, press & hold the driver up & down temperature adjustment buttons and the front defrost button for about 7 seconds. (referenced as #1, #2 & #3 in picture below).

To take a screen shot of the display that is saved to a USB drive plugged into the center console, press & hold the driver up & down temperature adjustment buttons and the rear defrost button for about 7 seconds. (referenced as #1, #2 & #4 in picture below).

The seconds screen shot shows the dealer mode screen and was captured via the method above.

AC_Controls.jpg

091800.jpg

It appears that the first 3 options only show information (serial #'s, revisions, etc.)

The "Copy User Data" and "Restore User Data" options are for saving/restoring the radio presets, user options (from "More" , "Settings" menu) and navigation addresses/settings. It is likely that this is also saving seat & mirror positions and any other data that is associated with the user 1 & 2 profiles.

The "Garmin Recovery Update" option requires either a USB or CD/DVD inserted with the appropriate files.
    " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

Post Thanks / Like
    ohhhh so thats whats hidden........lol
    Mod List in order of intstallation:
    window tint, magnaflow catback, airaid cai, srt shocks and springs, srt wheels, AAC interior LED Kit, 180 Tstat, predator 93 oct cai tune, srt sways, jba shorties, and sidewinder cam.
    316 HP/358 FT LBS *before cam*
    best 0-60: 5.58*before cam*
    338 HP/366 FT LBS *after cam*
    best 0-60: 5.33 *after cam*

Post Thanks / Like
    see I told you,

I knew you would be the one to find it...
    "A world full of 100% Prius owners is still a world 100% dependent on oil" ~ E. Musk

Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for jon to chime back in.....

Post Thanks / Like
    i did this with the sales guy in the car and he was like "wow how you know that" lol

Post Thanks / Like
    It was passed on to me from a knowledgeable tech. They are tought it in training.

I have tried many other combinations and haven't came up with any other screens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I saw a way to fully disable the TCS without pulling the fuse. I watched a tech messing with the button on the dash and didn't think much would happen when all of a sudden....the TCS indicator flashed, stayed on and the ABS light came on as well! I got all excited trying to figure out how he did it, so he told me (at least what he thought in his mind he did). So after I came home I tried replicating this several times and never got it to work. Jumped on the internet and figured it out. This was when we were doing more dyno testing. He really didn't do anything....if you drive the new 2011's for roughly 10 seconds on the dyno and press the TCS button it automatically disables it all as it recognizes it as a fault without the front wheels turning. After pulling off the dyno within 50' or so it all reset and went back to normal.

Damn...I thought there was a trick. Other than pulling the fuse that is.
    '11 Charger RT Plus- Bright White
    22" staggered USW's with Toyo Proxes 4,LMI Hammer intake, 85mm BBK, Mopar Strut braces F&R, Corsa Sport exhaust. Trufiber CF hood, BT underhood treatment, Custom engine bay covers/paint. Full SRT fascia swap and SRT rockers, strobes (headlights and reverse lights). Full audio done by Newport Auto Sound with Audison, Hertz and Rockford Fostage. Accuair eLevel system with UAS bags, Viair compressors. KW struts. And yet still....more to come very soon.....

RETIRED -'05 Black Magnum RT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyoc View Post
    Damn...I thought there was a trick. Other than pulling the fuse that is.
    The best way to completely disable ESP is to buy an SRT8! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    beans Jon!

Current - 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T - Brilliant Black
    Current - 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T - Cool Vanilla - parts car
    Current - 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 - Pearl White
    Current - 2011 Ford 'Whorus' Taurus Limited - daily driver
    RIP - 2005 Dodge 'Dirty Whore' Magnum R/T (12/7/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    Bastard. lol

But on another note...I see that a DFWLX member figured out how to switch the ESP/TC and bypass it...might need to tear open the center console this weekend....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post

Or by a MoPar11 or a super track pack R&T they can turn it off all the way.
    MoPar 11 #1134
    Hotchkis springs, SLP Loudmouth I, K&N CAI, Zex Nitrous, Arrington 85mm TB, DS Trinity (waiting for tune)

Post Thanks / Like
    This is interesting, and works great by the way. I wonder if we'll be able to add different vehicle icons, voices, and map updates through this menu. What GPS map/software versions do the new 2012 models come with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnhmatthews View Post
    This is interesting, and works great by the way. I wonder if we'll be able to add different vehicle icons, voices, and map updates through this menu. What GPS map/software versions do the new 2012 models come with?
    Not really, the main purpose of this menu is for techs replacing radios, or checking to see if an update is available. mainly service work at the dealer

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Pete, I forgot to post that stuff.... Guess I better dig it out!

I was shown this a number of weeks back. There's a video I should upload for you guys that was done then.
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Sorry Pete, I forgot to post that stuff.... Guess I better dig it out!

I was shown this a number of weeks back. There's a video I should upload for you guys that was done then.

And you're waiting for........................................Christm as????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread