Post Thanks / Like

Got my muffler, not much of a difference at all

Hey guys, so i was getting bored of the sound coming from my 14db dual conversion kit, although that alone made such a drastic difference in volume and sound i would recommend that kit to anyone.

I ended up calling up bob again and seeing if i could get another muffler, i actually spoke to two different people and they both recommended the same magna flow muffler so i figured it must be a good choice.

11266 Magnaflow Stainless performance muffler 4x9x18 2 1/2" offset/offset

Problem is... the amount i paid + installation was about 250$ and what i got out of it was a hint of a deeper sound. nothing anyone else could notice but myself so i was kind of upset that i paid all that for just a hint of sound... my question is will it get deeper/louder after time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so i was curious and starting doing some research. when the guy was installing my muffler, he took the stock one by cutting them. now when he put the new one in, he had to make a cut to make the muffler fit inside.
    He cut :

now would this be a reason why I'm not hearing a difference in my new muffler? or is that the only way to install the muffler was by cutting off a bit off the 2 sides so that the muffler would fit?

I really hope they didn't **** up my muffler by doing that. what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    The stock exhaust on the srt8 is actually really nicely done compared to other vehicles.its not restrictive either and only thing with it is that its not loud

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
    *New for 2013: PWR Heads,GTP S3 Ported Manifold,90mm TB*,Tuned,Slammed (SOLD 6-14-13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cutting the inlet/outlet pipes will have no effect on sound...

PB 11.647 @ 118.36 Sixty Foot 1.602 With 305/35/20 MT Drag Radials......

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER......MORE TO COME....

Post Thanks / Like
    It will get deeper over time, to avoid the drone this is a better choice than the shorter version. Flowmasters make a more drastic change but also make more drone, this is what you wanted to avoid.
    Both times you spoke to me, that is why you received the same answer twice.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    you should've just kept the suitcase muff and deliet resos and add 18 inch echo connons did this to my 08 srt8 charger and it sounds badass 165 dollars.........done.......!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the world of modding.... Unfortunetly alot of us have had to do things 2 or 3 times before we got it right or that exact sound we were looking for. Be greatful it was only 250.

Stock catback, and stock drivetrain
    Typing from a tablet, excuse typos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give Magnaflows time to "break in", they all need it, you should be satisfied with the end result.
    If not, like higshemi-less mentioned, welcome to the world of modding...

The Rocket - Made in Canada....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goz 165 View Post
    you should've just kept the suitcase muff and deliet resos and add 18 inch echo connons did this to my 08 srt8 charger and it sounds badass 165 dollars.........done.......!!

Umm.....whut??
    Matt
    www.RappahannockMopars.com
    www.MattmansMopars.com
    Strive for Excellence...Not Perfection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so this morning i felt that it got a bit deeper. whatever you win some you loose some. thanks for the replies guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    The sound will continue to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by r.bouz View Post
    Ok so this morning i felt that it got a bit deeper. whatever you win some you loose some. thanks for the replies guys!

Share This Thread