Thread: Window Trim

Post Thanks / Like

Window Trim

How do you remove it? I drive an 05 Magnum. It's all faded and was thinking of plasti dipping it. Is it maining for looks or does it keep moisture/rain out? Thanks in advance.
    CURRENT MODS: AFE II Intake-PWR Heads and Cam-SLP Long Tubes-SLP UD Pulley-Borla 125s-Eagle Intake-NGK V Power Plugs-Moder Muscle Throttle Body-Mopower Chin Spoiler -BT Oil Catch Can-Innovate Wideband-Eibach Dampers-Hotchkis Sway Bars and Lowering Springs-SRT 8 Gears, Mopar TCM-Edge Racing Converter-TransZformer Shift Kit-Lows/Fogs HIDs

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is a way to get to screws to release it on the side of the door otherwise you need to remove door panel. I know I saw a thread talking about removing these somewhere on here but can't remember where

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtyd View Post
    I think there is a way to get to screws to release it on the side of the door otherwise you need to remove door panel. I know I saw a thread talking about removing these somewhere on here but can't remember where

what he said, you have to take off the door panels. I did that to mines when I had my maggie. It was a PAIN in the ass to do!!

I HIGHLY SUGGEST JUST TAPEING EVERYTHING OFF!!!
    Robert
    2006 300C SRT8
    Predator 91 oct Tune w/ CAI, Zoomers Exhaust, LMI "Frankentake" CAI, 6000K HIDs, Staggered Avant Garde Wheels F420, Bagged with Uiversal and BC coilovers, TruFibert Chally Hood, and BT BLING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. I have a thread on here with instructions to remove them. The rears are where you need to remove the door panel. The fronts you can get off without doing so. There is a torx screw on each end of the molding holding it on then you just carefully slide them up. They do keep moisture out of your doors so they're there fo a reason.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/f57/wt...ldings-267661/

Just make sure you take the rear door panels off other wise you end up bending & pretty much breaking the molding to get it off
    LMI True 4" CAI - Johan Tuned - Tranzformer - Reso Deletes - Ported TB - 170* TStat
    Tein Super Street Coilovers w/ EDFC - Killer Glass - Dynamic Grounding Stage IV
    AJ InMotion Nav Hack - BT Catch Can, Under Hood, & Interior Bling
    6.1L Hemi Registry 1630

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing some reading, I like the color matched moulding. Can I get spray paint for the plastic trim or will it just come off? I have an inferno red magnum.

Share This Thread