LX Forums Forum banner

Why do people lean or sit on other peoples cars?

7K views 56 replies 39 participants last post by  Mr. iNCREDIBLE 
#1 ·
ok i understand people door dinging other peoples car from being careless and flinging their door open by accident... but when you are parked outside in a small shopping center and people always step out to smoke a cigarette and either lean or sit on your bumper... make NO sense to me? what happened to the days of just leaning against a wall. I dont understand the nerve it takes to know a car is not yours and to SIT on it

#2 ·
that drives me fukin nuts when i see it. people do it on breaks here at work. when i say, wtf, is that your car? they say nope, but he shouldn't have parked here if he didn't want us to lean against it.

needless to say, i don't part anywhere near where morons like that would linger.

#3 ·
Because in general a large percentage of the population is selfish and oblivious to others.

I learned at a rather young age not to park a nice car near anyone else. In 1991 I bought a brand new 5.0L Mustang and took it to a shopping mall with my wife. Came out to find huge blue scratches across the hood. I guess someone purchased something large, blue and heavy and set it on my hood while they opened their trunk then dragged it accross my brand new car.

#8 ·
Don that's an understatement. These people has no respect for other peoples things and I am sure they don't respect themselves! F in idiots

#7 ·
When I had my Grand National, a friend of mine was driving because I was using his truck to move. Him and his girlfriend were eating at a restaurant when he looked outside and saw a lady leaning on my truck. He walked out and politely asked her not to do that. Well, he looked out five minutes later and she was back on the car. Well, I just happened to have a remote start on the car. So from inside the restaurant he hit the remote start. When you hit it you can hear the fuel pump start and the lights come on. He said she just started looking around wondering WTF is going on. When it starts it was LOUD. It scared the sh!t out of her so bad she jumped off the car and landed on her knee. She busted her knee up and was bleeding everywhere. Karma's a b1tch!

#12 ·
Well, he looked out five minutes later and she was back on the car.
ive seen this happen before... one day ill find the car of one of these people and sit on their car till they are about to leave. ill keep sitting there and tell them im not ready to get off yet

#9 ·
my roommate has a 90's buick wagon, wood grain and all. friend comes over w/ his girlfriend who decided its a good idea to HOP up on the hood and sit down! my gf told her to get off, to the response "o I didnt know it was a nice car".
caught the same girl doing it again a couple days later so i had to remind her to get the F*** off the car!

Some people just never learn and are completely retarded. I dont care if the car is older, is it yours? no, get off.

#11 ·
my roommate has a 90's buick wagon, wood grain and all. friend comes over w/ his girlfriend who decided its a good idea to HOP up on the hood and sit down! my gf told her to get off, to the response "o I didnt know it was a nice car".
caught the same girl doing it again a couple days later so i had to remind her to get the F*** off the car!

Some people just never learn and are completely retarded. I dont care if the car is older, is it yours? no, get off.
First time, "reprimand". Second time, "retribution". See how much she likes paying a $200 bill for getting the car detailed. ;)

Probably not quite as satisfying as just bitch-slapping her as she's sitting on the hood, but fewer problems in the long run.

#14 ·
I was at a police training years ago and had brought my '70 Cutlass which had a fresh paint job. I turned around and some female officer was using the trunk as a table for her to get ready. She had her duty belt on it and some other stuff. I was dumbfounded

#19 ·
I was at a police training years ago and had brought my '70 Cutlass which had a fresh paint job. I turned around and some female officer was using the trunk as a table for her to get ready. She had her duty belt on it and some other stuff. I was dumbfounded
That is just unreal!

I mean, me and the guys will put stuff on other PATROL CARS, but your pov, hell no!

I have a brand new Vic now, so I will catch a case of the ass if somebody sets something on it or goes door to door with it too.

#16 ·
the best part about these modern day idiots is that when you call them out to get off your car, they look at you like you are the a-hole. Not that they are doing anything wrong, your request has inconvenienced them in some way and they are now irritated with you.

kinda wish i had the James Bond beamer with the electrified skin. not a constant on though, just a momentary so i had to hold the button and got to watch them flail.

#17 ·
ive thought about alot of torture methods over the years. i feel they should be legal but they never are.
the main one that would be sweet is spikes built into the seats incase someone steals your car. you can remotely active them to kill the person in the seat.
also thought about flame throwers on the sides incase you are in the car and someone is at your window trying to get you to get out of the car you can fry their ass. i actually saw someone do this once.
id like a series of hole around the car. "what are these?" step back and observe....
of course id have a warning sticking telling them they have been warned

#18 ·
This last summer there was a big car show downtown and we had a bunch of the Modern Mopars in it. The cars were roped off on the front, and we were behind the cars. People actually went behind the cars to walk between them (with their purses, etc. rubbing against the cars). We then put chairs between the cars to stop people from walking between them. People actually had the nerve to move the chairs so they could walk between the cars! and we were standing only a couple feet away

Then at a car show earlier in the season, someone started getting into our buddy's viper! At the same car show, someone just walked up and started shaking the front door on my buddy's 300 (had a VDI kit installed).

#24 ·
This last summer there was a big car show downtown and we had a bunch of the Modern Mopars in it. The cars were roped off on the front, and we were behind the cars. People actually went behind the cars to walk between them (with their purses, etc. rubbing against the cars). We then put chairs between the cars to stop people from walking between them. People actually had the nerve to move the chairs so they could walk between the cars! and we were standing only a couple feet away

Then at a car show earlier in the season, someone started getting into our buddy's viper! At the same car show, someone just walked up and started shaking the front door on my buddy's 300 (had a VDI kit installed).
barbed wire

#20 ·
... Because they need a good a$$ kicking!

#21 ·
That is beyond rude. I was coming out of a Pf chang's once and a group of guys were standing around my car talking while one had the nerve to lean on my trunk/bumper. The accuair remote airbag switch came in handy then. I popped the car up and scared the hell out of him :) Bags are useful beyond just slamming the car.

#22 ·
I've pulled out my pistol on deutsh bag dirtbags that have tried to lean on my bee. Literally, people still talk about it to this day at a place I like to eat lunch. I was pissed off!
Happy Thanksgiving though.

#23 ·
You can't respect someone else's stuff, when you have no self respect.

#25 ·
I could go on for days about the stupid crap I have seen poeple do to a car or bike that was not thiers. Not that they wanted to harm or damage it but that they just don't get it that its not thier car, they didn't pay for it and they did not invest the blood sweat and tears making it thier dream car.

I will leave it at one story.
At a car show a guy picks up his 5 year old and stands him on the hood of a car then backs up so he can take a picture of him and the car.

I was totally frozen in disbelief. After he took the child off the car I walked up and explained to him how dangerous that was for the child and for him if the owner of a car ever saw him do that.
I don't think he understood my point.

You can't fix stupid without beating it out of them.

-Steve

#37 ·
I could go on for days about the stupid crap I have seen poeple do to a car or bike that was not thiers. Not that they wanted to harm or damage it but that they just don't get it that its not thier car, they didn't pay for it and they did not invest the blood sweat and tears making it thier dream car.

I will leave it at one story.
At a car show a guy picks up his 5 year old and stands him on the hood of a car then backs up so he can take a picture of him and the car.

I was totally frozen in disbelief. After he took the child off the car I walked up and explained to him how dangerous that was for the child and for him if the owner of a car ever saw him do that.
I don't think he understood my point.

You can't fix stupid without beating it out of them.

-Steve
No words!

#27 ·
Wow i didnt know you felt so strongly about this subject. When ever im in silver spring maryland i look for a blue rt to lean against, its perfect fit for my butt. I guess ill stop now after reading this. Geez so touchy.

Just joking. I hate that sh t too. I always get ppl setting coffee mugs and soda cans on my wing or sun roof. I just knock their crap off or toss it.

#32 ·
Because they are idiots. One time I went to dinner and could see my Chevy from the window. A group of people got out of their vehicle and two of them leaned/sat on hood area. Car is dropped 4" so it's quite low.

I hit the alarm, they looked around, moved a bit but eventually found themselves right back on it. So I hit the autostart and the auto lights came on and they got off and looked around puzzled.

I just stayed inside, laughed at their stupidity and continued to enjoy my meal.

I've been at car gatherings where people lean on vehicles, mine included. SMH :blam:

#33 ·
Because they are idiots. One time I went to dinner and could see my Chevy from the window. A group of people got out of their vehicle and two of them leaned/sat on hood area. Car is dropped 4" so it's quite low.

I hit the alarm, they looked around, moved a bit but eventually found themselves right back on it. So I hit the autostart and the auto lights came on and they got off and looked around puzzled.

I just stayed inside, laughed at their stupidity and continued to enjoy my meal.

I've been at car gatherings where people lean on vehicles, mine included. SMH :blam:
Sounds like you need the one that NotPaid4 has that talks lol

#34 ·
I had a member at one of our M&G's that was leaning on my freshly painted taillights, I asked him not to. He proceeded to rub his a22 back and forth on my new lights, chuckling like a little girl. I was not impressed. Needless to say he won't be doing that again.

#35 ·
Try that **** in some neighborhoods here in NYC . More than a few times it ended with someone getting shot . Use you head folks . I hate when somebody walks by your car with a shopping bag or a purse and just SCRAPES along your car with you in it ! Or when some idiot in a cab flips open the door into your car . Or when i'm sitting in my car and someone parking taps you from the front or the back to squeeze in . I get out and flip the **** out every time . And they all have the same look . Calm down man . I'll calm down after i light you on fire.......lol .

#40 ·
I used to wonder why lots of cars are roped off at shows.... NOW I know why. People have no damn respect for other peoples property.
Have you ever noticed that the cars at the auto-industry shows are either locked, or all the knobs are removed by the owners... :roll: :blam:

#39 ·
If it's a guy with his girlfriend, and they're leaning against my car, I'll usually put my arm around the girl.

The message comes across pretty clear :)

#41 ·
I went to costco awhile back just after rolling my ankle really bad (size of a softball) so parked all the way in the back against the fence by the loading dock so I had some room to open the door and get out. I had 4 spaces open on one side and three on the other, more than enough room for courtesy space. We walk back out and I had some **** head with a little toyota parked so close that I couldnt get my door open completely, despite having plenty of spots on either side. Once I got to the truck I opened my door and donkey kicked his driver door with my good leg. It hurt like a mother to stand on my ankle but knowing that he wont be able to roll his window down was well worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.