Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Let me propose a new look at the "rules"..

If a thread receives 20 or more "likes", green beans, and positive feedback in the first 2 hours that thread is open, it should not be a contender for infraction. Abyss would suffice by itself.

I believe most infractions are...

Just voicing my opinions and making a suggestion as well.
    '14 Mustang GT 5.0...Race Red...6spd Manual...Stock...

HULK is offline West Coast Style Meets East Coast Power

Post Thanks / Like
    This would never fly.

Unfortunately due to, ahem..... human nature, lol..... people always have differing opinions. I could start a thread that says God is awesome, and you bet you butt there would be 20 people who would like that post---Just as much as there would be another 20 who would call me an idiot.

Still doesnt mean it's not against the rules and that I didnt know it, regardless if there were 200 people who liked my post. If a forum member with either of our tenures started a thread like that, I'd say a slap on the wrist is most definitely warranted, just for being a dumbass and even trying that.

Just my two cents....

This also makes the rules less clear to people, and I bet you'd see a lot more "attempts" at getting crappy threads to make it through that 20 likes notion you are suggesting. Or am I misunderstanding something about your suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Simans82 View Post
    Compared to your modding addiction, I'm just looking at the coke on the table. You on the other hand, you're more like Scarface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK View Post
    This would never fly.

Unfortunately due to, ahem..... human nature, lol..... people always have differing opinions. I could start a thread that says God is awesome, and you bet you butt there would be 20 people who would like that post---Just as much as there would be another 20 who would call me an idiot.

Still doesnt mean it's not against the rules and that I didnt know it, regardless if there were 200 people who liked my post. If a forum member with either of our tenures started a thread like that, I'd say a slap on the wrist is most definitely warranted, just for being a dumbass and even trying that.

Just my two cents....

This also makes the rules less clear to people, and I bet you'd see a lot more "attempts" at getting crappy threads to make it through that 20 likes notion you are suggesting. Or am I misunderstanding something about your suggestion?
    I agree with what you're saying here...But I also think we are all smart enough to realize that if your thread is abyssed that means you did something wrong...I don't really think an abyssal needs to be coupled with an infraction 99% of the time.(especially when I donated my hard earned money to be a supporter here) The thread I am referring to was positive, no negative intentions, no nudity, no cursing...When a thread I personally started is abyssed I take the hint and I don't go and start another thread along the same lines.(infraction is not necessary) Heck recently another thread I posted was abyssed with the 600whp Corvette...I didn't realize we were only allowed to post videos of certain makes on here flooring it on public roads and not others...At any rate I took the hint and I'm not posting another thread like that. Real simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I got nailed for an OWS thread as well that I did not post with any intent toward it being an OWS thread.

Personally I think the whole attitude here about the OWS topic is stupid, as it is a GOVERNMENT and FINANCE topic not a political one, and near as I can see it is only one admin with an issue over it (at least I only ever see the same one shutting them down) so IMO just drop it, it's hardly worth getting upset over.

Frankly I could care less about an infraction because it isn't anything to be concerned over and it will drop off in a month, now if you kept up the behavior and got multiple infraction then yeah I would be worried.

It is what it is, as has been stated many times, this place is not a democracy, it is privately owned and operated and if the powers that be feel the need to police specific topics, that is their "right" as the owners I guess.
    "A world full of 100% Prius owners is still a world 100% dependent on oil" ~ E. Musk

Post Thanks / Like
    Now not to , but ows as in the wall street thing?
    In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster.
    A black haze shut out the sun and the darkness was alive.
    Suddenly a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life. A symbol of hope!
    A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark.
    I LAUGHED and blew it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokersmokesem View Post
    Now not to , but ows as in the wall street thing?
    Yup...But lets not go there I think this would be the first tech support thread that got abyssed lmao.

Mr. Incredible-I just wanted to voice opinions/suggestions....That is all.

HULK is offline West Coast Style Meets East Coast Power

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I dont know what all the fuss is over an infraction anyhow. Only you and the admin can see it, so it's not like you are being branded in front of the community.

Why would anyone be worried if they get one? It takes multiple instances to actually get banned based on infractions alone, and if you are honestly getting that many of them, maybe forums aren't for you in the first place...? Clearly it's not a one-off instance for you then, so maybe you deserve to be banned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno6.1 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying here...But I also think we are all smart enough to realize that if your thread is abyssed that means you did something wrong...I don't really think an abyssal needs to be coupled with an infraction 99% of the time.(especially when I donated my hard earned money to be a supporter here) The thread I am referring to was positive, no negative intentions, no nudity, no cursing...When a thread I personally started is abyssed I take the hint and I don't go and start another thread along the same lines.(infraction is not necessary) Heck recently another thread I posted was abyssed with the 600whp Corvette...I didn't realize we were only allowed to post videos of certain makes on here flooring it on public roads and not others...At any rate I took the hint and I'm not posting another thread like that. Real simple.
    It was mentioned in other threads (that I KNOW you saw) that any more OWS threads would be abyssed and the author banned. You didn't take that hint, and you still posted another ows related thread. Why would they expect you to take the hint from an abyssed thread, if you didn't from their previous warning? Not attacking you, but thats my suggestion/comment as to why.
    "That's what she said"

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the thread in which David was refering. It was a great thread a pic of a military guy holding one of those signs saying how he worked for everything. Everyone was liking it then someone said OWS and it got thrown into the abyss. It was not David's fault someone mentioned it. I say let the thread starter delete the post that would cause the abyss so the thread can keep going. Or maybe admin could delete that specific post so the thread could get back on topic.
    2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 SOLD
    2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets lose all the rules and turn dis bitch into viperalley . Seen some funny **** over there......lol . Even the mods/admins are gangsta . Not for those with a sensitive starfish . Now back to our regularly scheduled suggestion / opinion thread .....lol .
    06 CSRT-8 Silver Steel (all opts.): MagnaCharger MP2300 TVS Supercharger, Hemituner tuned, Hemi Shop P & P heads , FRI Tomahawk cam , Dynatech LT headers,Corsa cat-back,Magnaflow HF cats,LMI CF True 4'' fendermount CAI , PT 3400 stall TC , Getrag LSD 3.06 rear, Paramount rebuilt tranny & valve body , Arrington 85MM Ported TB w/ nitrous ports , BT catch can ,Hotchkis front & rear sways ,15% tint all around,SRT-8 embroidered mats(biggest HP gain ).On the way:Arrington 426 & and presumably divorce papers.....=) .

PB 11.25 @ 125.16 - Stock Bottom 6.1L blown (10lbs boost)

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I don't take this too far for myself or others, but at the heart of OWS it stinks of classism; a derivation of politicts. Either way you slice it someone is bound to get pissed over what someone's take on the issue is.

Just my $.02!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT-EZRA View Post
    I know the thread in which David was refering. It was a great thread a pic of a military guy holding one of those signs saying how he worked for everything. Everyone was liking it then someone said OWS and it got thrown into the abyss. It was not David's fault someone mentioned it. I say let the thread starter delete the post that would cause the abyss so the thread can keep going. Or maybe admin could delete that specific post so the thread could get back on topic.
    The sign and message itself was referring to the ows situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
    The sign and message itself was referring to the ows situation.

I didn't know the sign was related LOL I just thought the sign made since. Ok carry on my bad

bipto is offline "If you like your LXF, you can keep it"

Post Thanks / Like
    So you're proposing a policy by which LXF members could bend the rules and overrule the judgement of LXF staff by popular vote..?

Why would we want to make this place any more an off-topic playland than it already is..?
    "It's not that I'm old - your music really does suck..."
    See The Iron Mistress Galleries
    R.I.P. Dave Coults ***

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno6.1 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying here...But I also think we are all smart enough to realize that if your thread is abyssed that means you did something wrong...I don't really think an abyssal needs to be coupled with an infraction 99% of the time.(especially when I donated my hard earned money to be a supporter here)
    Side Note on your comment: We greatly appreciate anyone that is a supporter, but that does not preclude warnings, infractions or create any form of shield when it comes to the rules.
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread