Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a Mopar performance shop in the Dallas, TX area

I'm looking for a Mopar performance shop in the Dallas Texas area. Seems that all the shops i've heard of so far and have used in the past are predominantly GM or Ford shops. Thanks in advance!
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. I have called all the shops I have heard of during my GM vehicle mod'ing days and none of them have a recommended Mopar shop around here. I am going to end up doing the ported heads right here at my house.

Todd
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8. All options except Kicker.

2007 Jeep GC SRT8 soon to join the stable

2006 Jeep GC Limited 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, this is really ridiculous!!! I'm so sick to my stomach seeing these shops only support GM and Ford vehicles. I guess that's what happens when a car company is out of the performance mainstream for a while. Every time I go to the grocery store I see all these magazines supporting GM, Fords and even Asian cars. I find myself sometimes thinking was this the way to go. Seems the GM and Ford performance parts are in abundance and inexpensive. Then when there are parts for our cars they want to charge an arm and a leg. Superchargers are super high and now this LSD rearend upgrade 1500 bucks. Damit!!!
    Last edited by rander; 04-11-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have hit the nail squarely on the head. DCX has and is still avoiding the aftermarket. First, the last 20 years have shown no vehicle from DCX that the aftermarket and general market has been so enthused over, so the aftermarket hones in on Fords, GMs, and Imports. Now, the LX is a huge success, but DCX has purposely made the ECM tuning a PITA to break into and this forces the aftermarket to spend huge amounts of cash to try and play. We are seeing the beginning of this aftermarket, but we probably still have a year or so to go before it really gets good. Tuning will be the huge key on these. Speed density tuning requires a precise mapping for every mod to really take advantage of it(not saying simple mods aren't working, just that too many can really lean the vehicles out and there is currently no way to adjust that).

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    SNL performance in ft worth

HEMI ORANGE '09 Dodge Challenger SRT8
    200.9 MPH in the Mojave Mile (200 MPH CLUB)
    New build: 4.2L kenne bell, 148mm throttle body, Spankin time 408 ci motor, Thitek heads, SHR 1000hp transmission, Spankin Time blower Cam, 1400 DSS driveshaft, AEM dual pump fuel system, PI TQ converter, SP sway bars and lowering springs, OBX Long tube headers, Bassani midpipes, Flowmaster mufflers
    DYNO: 990 RWHP break in tune 10.0 AFR, still plenty to go on E85 gas...currently running it on 840, 900, and 980 RWHP set ups for now

TEAM SPANKIN TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you just set a record bud.. LMFAO....Almost 6 yrs to the date!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never too late for good info!
    Exatorq 469 278 5015
    Bevil Automotive 817 656 4499
    Try DFWLX.com
    2005 MAGNUM R/T
    JBA headers, Aeroturbine 2525XLs, Blastin Bobs 9db pipes, Eagle intake manifold with Cams spacers, 180 stat, 4" behind the bumper true CAI, Stack Performance strut brace, Stack performance chubby sway bar ,SRT springsMonroe Police Package struts, , BT Catch Can. Other BT goodies. Soon-- 6.1 cam
    2012 Challenger SRT (Wife)

Post Thanks / Like
    m37ral hit the nail on the head!!

Brian Sailor at Exatorq is the man. He is THE tuning guy for us here in DFW. Second to none.

Craig Bevil at Bevil Automotive is also a wiz in the install department. Together they are a hell of a team. You won't be disappointed!

Also, check out dfwlx as Brian has a specific forum on our site.

*edit*

Holy crap, I didn't even notice the original date...the hell am I thinkin?
    Last edited by beandip77; 04-10-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    2006 Magnum SRT8
    AFE STage II
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats
    Predator Tune

SLP Power Flo Exhaust

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also hit up Stu@Inertia, they're in Pflugerville
    I will never explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it.

GRUNT: Term of affection used to denote that camouflaged, filthy, sweaty, dirt encrusted, foot sore, ripped trouser'd, tired, sleepy, beautiful son of a bitch, who has kept the wolf away from the door for over 200 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig Bevil (Bevil Automotive) is a great shop in the DFW metroplex.
    Brian Sailor (Exatorq) is also a good shop to contact

Share This Thread