Thread: Clear on rims

Post Thanks / Like

Clear on rims

So I painted my rims black about 2 months ago.they are still holding up nice with no chips or cracks...I didn't clear coat them at the time because it was to humid outside and I did try to clear on rim and it was starting to turn white'ish instead of a glossy black..now the humidy is under 50% and its a nice 60 degrees outside..would clear coating the rim now make it look glossy?I'm using the duplicolor rim paint,and duplicolor clear coat

Sent from my Droid!
    *New for 2013: PWR Heads,GTP S3 Ported Manifold,90mm TB*,Tuned,Slammed (SOLD 6-14-13)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found the Duplicolor clear spray sucks. I have wrecked so many parts using it with bubbles and it turning milky right out of the can. And that was in all different temps and humidity levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scotto View Post
    I've found the Duplicolor clear spray sucks. I have wrecked so many parts using it with bubbles and it turning milky right out of the can. And that was in all different temps and humidity levels.

I have had it turn milky when first sprayed on but it dries clear

Performance mods: Predator Tuner, Deleted Resonators, Custom Dual CAI, Toyo Proxes 4 245/45/20 tires

Visual Mods: Door Molding and Rear badges removed, LED Tails, 20"x8.5" American Racing Phantom Rims, Front upper/lower crosshairs deleted

Best ET:
    60' - 2.08
    1/8 Mile - 8.99 @ 78.55 MPH
    1/4 Mile - 13.97 @ 99.7MPH

Post Thanks / Like
    I defently don't want it milky..anyone recommend anything good that's works

Sent from my Droid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you do NOT mix brands of paint. Since you used dupi-color paint, make sure you stick with dupli-color clear. Mixing brands of paint can cause huge headaches with it not sticking (I sprayed dupli-color over armor-coat primer and the dupli-color just flaked off, even though it was applied the same as all the other things I have painted with all dupli-color with no issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recomend spray max 2 part clear in a spray can SprayMax 2K Urethane Aerosol Clear Coat

Share This Thread