Post Thanks / Like

preferred oil, filter, plugs for hemi

whats the preferred oil, oil filter, and spark plugs for our hemi? and mines an 05 if that matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a stock 5.7 hemi, the OEM Champion plugs are fine. The plug part number can be found on the emissions label under the hood.
    As far as oil goes. The 5.7 requires 5w-20 for the MDS system to function properly. Any quality oil and filter is fine. Synthetic is ok if that's your preference. Mobil 1 with Mobil 1 filter is what I use.

PPP stage 3 big valve heads, Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 +4, MMPG stage 1+ ported 6.1 intake & 85mm throttle body, LMI 4" true CAI, MSD "Blaster" coils, JBA headers & mids, Corsa exhaust, Paramount series 55 transmission, "Dominator" torque converter & stage 2 valve body, BC Racing coilovers, Eibach sways, BWoody links, Razorsedge brace, 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD, Wilwood "plus 2" big brake kit by TCE, tuning by Robert Dito of Ditos motors

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Mobil 1 and a Wix 51773 filter.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok. in all my other cars ive always quaker state Q horsepower full synthetic, and ill start using wix oil filters again and would the NGK G power single platinum plugs do just fine? there $2.99 a plug so it not a bad price.
    '05 BB Maggie RT
    performance mods: custom tune by Diablotoona, LMI Hammer
    mods completed: blinker mod, dome light mod, DIY no esp mod, 180* tstat, MDS on light.
    straight pipes with 4"x18" polished SS tips.

http://www.hmmopars.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Q is good oil, and Wix are good filters.

The stock copper plugs are just fine for 40K miles. I prefer to anti seize the plug threads and dielectric the boots for easier removal later on.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, SRT heads,headers and mids, Derale 32000BTU Tranny cooler with fan control, duel oil coolers, P/S cooler, Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal'sMag View Post
    Q is good oil, and Wix are good filters.

The stock copper plugs are just fine for 40K miles. I prefer to anti seize the plug threads and dielectric the boots for easier removal later on.
    yeah i always use anti-seize and dielectric grease.

Post Thanks / Like
    champ # is 544 , oil whatever brand you like just 5w20 and use a mopar oil filter m-090

gap the plugs at 45
    CAM ONLY RECORD HOLDER 12.34 @108.89 & 1.66 60'
    Email mailed tuned by Brent@dtpracing.comComp268cam,

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need fancy plugs unless you are running nitrous, supercharger or turbo.

I always run full synthetic in all my cars. Usually Royal purple but if I run out I will occasionally use Mobil 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup keep note as well you can use longer oil filters, for no reason other than larger filter capacity, which may be better in the long run depending on the intervals. Countless threads have been made about it. But yeah for stock motors stock replacement plugs work great. OEM Champions or NGK 5306s work, I use the NGKs and just did my replacements and they looked good still.

2006 SRT 300C A
    ton of mods big and small but stock looking...
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchance
    You take a four-door sedan and make it a rocket ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    my 2010 charger R/T has NGK plugs from the factory.

2010 Charger R/T - Road and Track package

Share This Thread