LX Forums Forum banner

14 second quarter mile

Tags
track
7K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  tim from illinois 
#1 ·
sup all, iv been wanting to start doing performance mods, but i wanted to know if my goal is reachable. if im not mistaken 3.5s run a high 15 sec quarter mile and was wondering how far i would have to go/spend to get mid 14s? i want it for a dd and i want my car to be relyable and not break down more then needed. im down with boost i just dont want to end up spend tons of money. what the best bang for buck setup?

#2 · (Edited)
If you look in the timeslip forums (click on Quick Links) and look for 14 sec 3.5's, you will find some, even 13 sec cars with 3.5's. You could PM some of those guys, ask what they did. One fairly cheap mod would be nitrous. 100 shot could net you 1 sec off your quarter mile time. There are many mods available for the 3.5, depending on how deep your pockets are. It's certainly a stout motor. Check out E55, he's running 12.58/112 mph with a 3.5 powered Chrysler 300. Of course, the faster your car gets, the faster you will want to go.

#11 ·
If you look in the timeslip forums (click on Quick Links) and look for 14 sec 3.5's, you will find some, even 13 sec cars with 3.5's. You could PM some of those guys, ask what they did. One fairly cheap mod would be nitrous. 100 shot could net you 1 sec off your quarter mile time. There are many mods available for the 3.5, depending on how deep your pockets are. It's certainly a stout motor. Check out E55, he's running 12.58/112 mph with a 3.5 powered Chrysler 300. Of course, the faster your car gets, the faster you will want to go.
Is there any proof to this claim? Looking him up, I don't even see a post by this member...ever.

-310SXT

#5 ·
Well right now there are 3 LX Magnums and one LC Chally 3.5 super stock in the 14's ..

FnkyChkn
Magnum375Jr
Zoban (that's me :) )

#1Hemiwoman

#6 ·
well im not down with nos, i was looking for more consistant power. i was thinking supercharger but i read a thread last night about hemi swap. it would be more money but it would be more power (high 13s if im not mistaken).id asume it would be more realyable, and if i did want to get more then id boost that. whats a 5.7 swap cost compared to a 6.1?

im tired of getting absolutly ripped by boosted civics

#7 ·
well im not down with nos, i was looking for more consistant power. i was thinking supercharger but i read a thread last night about hemi swap. it would be more money but it would be more power (high 13s if im not mistaken).id asume it would be more realyable, and if i did want to get more then id boost that. whats a 5.7 swap cost compared to a 6.1?

im tired of getting absolutly ripped by boosted civics
You would be better off to sell your V6 and buy a RT.....switching the engine will be expensive unless you can turn your own wrench...even then it wouldnt be cost effective IMO....you are also going to hurt resale value...some states the car may not even be legal....just trade and save a lot of headaches..

#9 ·
ya thats what iv been thinking for a few years. im curently trying to sell my car but i get no interest. i think its becuase its a rwd and i live in canada so people dont want that in the winter (i have no idea why lol) and its not the best on gas. my price is low but not too low, about 1g under dealer prices.

its a shame swaps are so expensive, and IMO v6 superchargers are too. these jdm cars can get full race ready motors for the cost of these superchargers.. dont get me wrong i think the charger is the best lookin car hands down. i just think i should have gotten i jdm ricer becuase it would suited my need for preformence.

anyway, my goal is to not spend more then it would take to hemi upgrade, becuase then why eles would it be werth it? id defenetly get a good CAI, predetor, a good high flow exhuast system, cam headers. and all of those mentioned are under 500 a peice (roughly 1600 without install). what eles?

#10 ·
I cut over a second off my 5.7 with a 100 shot done right its really safe and not really expensive headers ,exhaust, dyno tune got me from 276.04 hp at 320.96 ft. lbs of torque to 395.56 hp. at 463.38 ft lbs of torque. That's 119.52 hp. and 142.42 ft. lbs torque. You can make a v6 fly if you do the work. I like v6 motors. I had a really fast one. If you pick up 100 hp. your car will fly. I have a stock 300c rearend you car have for free if you need it to handle the extra power. Put a richmond gear in it and heehaw.

#12 ·
His name was Wishingforhemi last i looked who was in the 12's. Anywho, just basic bolt ons and a predator and some weight reduction with a nice healthy launch tactic will get you into the 14's. Now if you want it to always run in the 14's in street trim, S/C is probably the only thing that will get you there, unless you do the stroker motor, but there really hasnt been anyone to fully get it running yet that I know of.

#14 ·
I wish I was in the 12's butbest so to date is a 13.61. I. Have a set exhaust cheap intAkeported throttleboxdy cams and a 125 shot of spray controlled by diablo with a custom tune.

#15 ·
Without interior and a 3k stall converter. I was in a semi swap and have most parts but do to a recent back surgery. It will still be some months away

#16 ·
I've been thinking about 125 shot lately vs. Hemi swap. How do you prevent explosions say like you hit on the highway...not racing but just to get a feel for the nos. Ima already heavily modded just need a better tune and a torque converter.

#17 ·
Anything over 75 shot and you will need a separate tune to be safe......

#18 ·
Hey comes, do you have a 5half speed transmission? If so just throw a 3000k torque converter and a Supercharger at about 8psi and you'll be in the 14's for sure. Don't forget the methanol injection to cool the intake temps down for more hp.

#19 ·
Hey comes, do you have a 5half speed transmission? If so just throw a 3000k torque converter and a Supercharger at about 8psi and you'll be in the 14's for sure. Don't forget the methanol injection to cool the intake temps down for more hp.
Or 11.5 lbs of boost and a intercooler to keep air intake temps down and then add a rear diff swap to get into the low to mid 13's.

#20 ·
Damn clayman thats stock srt times for the most part..i really want a blower now..i wish i could hear how your car sounds..i think i mainly wanted a hemi for sound and low end torque but i really dont want to go through the hassel of a swap..i also thought about the fact that im at 80K and i dont really know the condition of my block since ive got my heads/cam/LT its not tuned. Also how did you get your getrag to work. I know another guy was having problems with his on his charger.

#21 ·
Also how did you get your getrag to work. I know another guy was having problems with his on his charger
Bolted it in and set the gear ratio with the Predator, that simple, one of the best things I ever did.

#26 ·
I dont use a differant tune, I just pull some timming with the pred. about 6 degerees

#27 ·
I ran 14.80's and 90's with bolt-ons on my 2010 V6 Challenger. Stainless Works long tube headers, hi flow cats and dual exhaust. Swapped rearend for a 3.64. Mopar CAI, 71mm TB, custom tune and street tires. It was my daily driver.

#29 ·
For a super basic swap, just everything you need completely stock i believe is right at 5k.

#33 ·
If you are going to run nitrous make sur you get a widow switch. That way you can have the nitrous go off where you ant it. Mine is set at 3000 rpms. On a 6 I dont know where you would want it to go off. An rt exhaust should be somrthing you could pick up cheap. Put a set of flowmasters on it and it will soud nice. i really dont know much about the 6s but when I had my 6 I went to a 3:73 gear. it was like taking 1000 lbs off the car. The one thing I did notice when I had the six is that almost anything I did to make it more powerful really made a differance. Good luck on making you car go faster. I think a 13 second 6 is a lot cooler then an 11 hemi. It differant thats the cool facter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.