Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

14 second quarter mile

sup all, iv been wanting to start doing performance mods, but i wanted to know if my goal is reachable. if im not mistaken 3.5s run a high 15 sec quarter mile and was wondering how far i would have to go/spend to get mid 14s? i want it for a dd and i want my car to be relyable and not break down more then needed. im down with boost i just dont want to end up spend tons of money. what the best bang for buck setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you look in the timeslip forums (click on Quick Links) and look for 14 sec 3.5's, you will find some, even 13 sec cars with 3.5's. You could PM some of those guys, ask what they did. One fairly cheap mod would be nitrous. 100 shot could net you 1 sec off your quarter mile time. There are many mods available for the 3.5, depending on how deep your pockets are. It's certainly a stout motor. Check out E55, he's running 12.58/112 mph with a 3.5 powered Chrysler 300. Of course, the faster your car gets, the faster you will want to go.
    Last edited by formerice; 10-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec Headers , BorlaCatback ,TDP - 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, 285,000 miles, 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 1/8th mile 7.707 sec /90.19 mph -- 05 QC4X4 Ram 195,000 mi . Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    X2 on the 100 shot. The beauty is you only use it when you need it. The ugly is the care you must when take using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nitrous, Stroker or Supercharger would get you into 14's or lower
    2008 Charger R/T
    Aria CAI, Diablo Predator, Moroso Catch Can, Modern Muscle TB, Jet 180 T-Stat, Zoomers Catback, Moroso PS Tank, Speedlogix braided lines, lots of Billet tech stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Well right now there are 3 LX Magnums and one LC Chally 3.5 super stock in the 14's ..

FnkyChkn
    Magnum375Jr
    Zoban (that's me )

#1Hemiwoman
    2006 Lil Red Wagon SXT
    Modlist : AFE Stage II, JBA Headers, Corsa Catback, 20" Vipers, Cross Drilled Rotors, Diablo Bob@SVS Tuned, Pioneer DEH-5000UB, 12" Enclosers, Halos, Low/Fog HIDs, Cuda Grille, TruFiber Chally Hood.

at the Track

My Garage

Mentoria Computer Consulting

Post Thanks / Like
    well im not down with nos, i was looking for more consistant power. i was thinking supercharger but i read a thread last night about hemi swap. it would be more money but it would be more power (high 13s if im not mistaken).id asume it would be more realyable, and if i did want to get more then id boost that. whats a 5.7 swap cost compared to a 6.1?

im tired of getting absolutly ripped by boosted civics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomez420 View Post
    well im not down with nos, i was looking for more consistant power. i was thinking supercharger but i read a thread last night about hemi swap. it would be more money but it would be more power (high 13s if im not mistaken).id asume it would be more realyable, and if i did want to get more then id boost that. whats a 5.7 swap cost compared to a 6.1?

You would be better off to sell your V6 and buy a RT.....switching the engine will be expensive unless you can turn your own wrench...even then it wouldnt be cost effective IMO....you are also going to hurt resale value...some states the car may not even be legal....just trade and save a lot of headaches..

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW MID W/ HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX REAR SEAT DELETE * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * AFR SHAKER HOOD SCOOP * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 515 RWHP / 517 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON......MORE TO COME....

Post Thanks / Like
    i think if you can find a way to get more bottom end out of your motor increasing your torque you should be able to shave off at least a second and still have a reliable daily driver.
    i would think the simplest ways to start would be to get some more air flow into your motor and get the exhaust out quicker using a good CAI and a better cat back system.
    i'm not sure of the year of your ride but if it is a few years now maybe a dyno tune might help you to maximize what you have and bring it back to its full potential.
    things like headers and a larger throttle body and bigger torque converter can help as well and are still cost effective compared to the price of doing a supercharger or building a stroker motor.
    you need to be careful running juice especially if you have never raced a vehicle using it before. before you know it you will be pitting your pistons or burning rings or even grenading the motor.
    the cost of doing a 5.7 or 6.1 swap would be a budget breaker for sure and you may as well just sell your ride and buy a hemi car. the work involved is insane also to do the conversion.
    for less money than building a stroker or installing a supercharger you can do all the above bolt on's and probably have yourself a pretty quick little ride that does 13's but as for those hondas...... well they are still over a thousand pounds lighter than you, have more performance parts a hell of a lot cheaper since the market is flooded with them and they are going to be the top contenders for you unless you want to build yourself that all out bad ass street machine which will probably cost you ten times more than their whole car.
    either way man good luck with whatever you decide and don't forget the build thread and lots of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez420 View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    ya thats what iv been thinking for a few years. im curently trying to sell my car but i get no interest. i think its becuase its a rwd and i live in canada so people dont want that in the winter (i have no idea why lol) and its not the best on gas. my price is low but not too low, about 1g under dealer prices.

its a shame swaps are so expensive, and IMO v6 superchargers are too. these jdm cars can get full race ready motors for the cost of these superchargers.. dont get me wrong i think the charger is the best lookin car hands down. i just think i should have gotten i jdm ricer becuase it would suited my need for preformence.

anyway, my goal is to not spend more then it would take to hemi upgrade, becuase then why eles would it be werth it? id defenetly get a good CAI, predetor, a good high flow exhuast system, cam headers. and all of those mentioned are under 500 a peice (roughly 1600 without install). what eles?

Post Thanks / Like
    I cut over a second off my 5.7 with a 100 shot done right its really safe and not really expensive headers ,exhaust, dyno tune got me from 276.04 hp at 320.96 ft. lbs of torque to 395.56 hp. at 463.38 ft lbs of torque. That's 119.52 hp. and 142.42 ft. lbs torque. You can make a v6 fly if you do the work. I like v6 motors. I had a really fast one. If you pick up 100 hp. your car will fly. I have a stock 300c rearend you car have for free if you need it to handle the extra power. Put a richmond gear in it and heehaw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by formerice View Post
    If you look in the timeslip forums (click on Quick Links) and look for 14 sec 3.5's, you will find some, even 13 sec cars with 3.5's. You could PM some of those guys, ask what they did. One fairly cheap mod would be nitrous. 100 shot could net you 1 sec off your quarter mile time. There are many mods available for the 3.5, depending on how deep your pockets are. It's certainly a stout motor. Check out E55, he's running 12.58/112 mph with a 3.5 powered Chrysler 300. Of course, the faster your car gets, the faster you will want to go.
    Is there any proof to this claim? Looking him up, I don't even see a post by this member...ever.

-310SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    His name was Wishingforhemi last i looked who was in the 12's. Anywho, just basic bolt ons and a predator and some weight reduction with a nice healthy launch tactic will get you into the 14's. Now if you want it to always run in the 14's in street trim, S/C is probably the only thing that will get you there, unless you do the stroker motor, but there really hasnt been anyone to fully get it running yet that I know of.
    RIP Maggie - (Aug 07, 2007 - Dec 04, 2011)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum375 Jr View Post
    His name was Wishingforhemi last i looked who was in the 12's. Anywho, just basic bolt ons and a predator and some weight reduction with a nice healthy launch tactic will get you into the 14's. Now if you want it to always run in the 14's in street trim, S/C is probably the only thing that will get you there, unless you do the stroker motor, but there really hasnt been anyone to fully get it running yet that I know of.
    i thought he finally did the hemi swap.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic18566_2.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I was in the 12's butbest so to date is a 13.61. I. Have a set exhaust cheap intAkeported throttleboxdy cams and a 125 shot of spray controlled by diablo with a custom tune.

predator cmr tune, #1 v1 cams by inertia, 3000 stall by inertia, zex 125hp kit by hhp, stock srt cat back, 22" liquid metal turbines aar strips, racing stripes, front and rear mopower spoilers, steady growng collection of bt front badge door sills. honey comb grill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Without interior and a 3k stall converter. I was in a semi swap and have most parts but do to a recent back surgery. It will still be some months away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast