Post Thanks / Like

x pipe, what's it do?

like the title says, what's the x pipe for? does it replace the muffler?
    -Jerry
    2010 Charger R/T Midnight Maniac

2012 Avenger R/T | 2001 Neon R/T | 2000 Dakota R/T
    All traded, none forgotten

Post Thanks / Like
    Nop...its exactly what the name says..its a "x" pipe before the suitcase aka muffler..

On ma fone g!
    *New for 2013: PWR Heads,GTP S3 Ported Manifold,90mm TB*,Tuned,Slammed (SOLD 6-14-13)

Post Thanks / Like
    helps balance the back pressure like an H pipe and also scavenges the exhaust to help the engine breathe better
    "A world full of 100% Prius owners is still a world 100% dependent on oil" ~ E. Musk

Post Thanks / Like
    got it, so what benefits would there be for a daily driver? thinking of getting the resonator delete kit from BB and maybe new mufflers

Post Thanks / Like
    your R/T already has an X pipe.

without it you will find a slight loss in low end torque, and probably a drop in MPG.

the X is between the suitcase and the rear resonators. replacing either has no affect on the X, it will stay in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    first I recommend removing the X-pipe and install a H-pipe as close to the mids as possible this will eliminate you Drone.... but if you get rid of it altogether, especially if you remove your resonators you will loss low in Torque....also I have noticed a slight increase in MPG with the H but this depends on how you drive
    Hemi Registry #1348 SuperFrawgie 1361

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
    your R/T already has an X pipe.

without it you will find a slight loss in low end torque, and probably a drop in MPG.

the X is between the suitcase and the rear resonators. replacing either has no affect on the X, it will stay in place.
    thought about that on my way home from work, havent really looked under there to see, but from what i have seen i think it might be in front of the muffler, between the cats and the suitcase?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFrawgie1361 View Post
    first I recommend removing the X-pipe and install a H-pipe as close to the mids as possible this will eliminate you Drone.... but if you get rid of it altogether, especially if you remove your resonators you will loss low in Torque....also I have noticed a slight increase in MPG with the H but this depends on how you drive
    my wife drives it mostly too and from work, about 10 minutes each way in town, we take it out on the highway and some mountain roads once in awhile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgefan67 View Post
    thought about that on my way home from work, havent really looked under there to see, but from what i have seen i think it might be in front of the muffler, between the cats and the suitcase?

Yeah you're right, don't know what I was thinking, been a long week. Like my caption by my avatar says. "it's been the worst day since yesterday".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
    Yeah you're right, don't know what I was thinking, been a long week. Like my caption by my avatar says. "it's been the worst day since yesterday".
    no worries! thanks for the help!

Share This Thread