Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ways to improve gas mileage for 2007 charger r/t

I recently got a 2007 Red charger r/t and love it to death. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve gas mileage? How many mph does the r/t average and what is the furthest it can go on one tank?

Post Thanks / Like
    bro you have a v8 your not going to save gas. if you wanted to save gas you should of got the v6

not trying to be rude just being real

but if you wanted to really see maybe 1-5 mpg gain try these

make sure your tires have the right psi
    new sparkplugs could help
    maybe seafoam it to clean out the fuel lines and junk
    try different types of gas stations and see what your car last the longest with
    predator tune can get you 1-2 mpg not sure
    dont step on it
    i think the tstat helps not sure about that

i think i got everything.dont really think about saving gas while i drive.these are just things ive heard or read before.but never read someone getting more then 1-5 mpg.

hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I averaged on my last trip 24mpg highway, city i average maybe half that. I think i have 18 gallon tank so that would be roughly 400+ miles on full tank.
    2007rt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iceysole12345 View Post
    bro you have a v8 your not going to save gas. if you wanted to save gas you should of got the v6
    You say that, yet the v6 engines only net around 1 MPG average increase.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a predator you can get a cmr tune. It will basically make the engine much more efficient. IN both power and gas consumption. After a few logs you will definitly net ano improvement. Although the extra fun factor usually negativly affects gas consumption

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    Yet I am averaging 5 mpg more than your fuelly sig.

-310SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    Draft a semi.
    Otherwise, you shoulda bought a 4banger Focus like Gabe did...
    08 HO Daytona #1254 (Traded off 11/04/12)
    Inertia cam 112LSA/214/222, port matched 5.7 Inertia performance heads , 6.1 timing chain tensioner w/ Crower timing set /advanced 2*, 6.1 intake manifold and injectors, Magnaflo 6.1 high flow cats/mids and catback exhaust, FTI 3200 stall 'verter, SLP underdrive pulley, Innovate LC-1, Johan toon, 180* t-stat, BT t-stat housing, Silver box shift kit, BT EGR block off, 87MM TB, and BT catch can.

08 B5 Super Bee #837 (Traded 2/23/14)
    Bone stock!

14 Challenger SRT Core. (Delivered 2/23/14)

Post Thanks / Like
    This summer i took a road trip (5700+ miles) with my dad & little brother (15 y.o.) & my 2006 R/T averaged 27+ mpg.
    I have kept up with the oil changes using Royal Purple since around 30,000 miles.
    Standard maintenance & the spark plugs have been replaced once.
    I've got an AFE CAI & the 91 predator tune. I try to stay away from cheap gas stations, but that's really it.
    20" American Racing Wheels with Hancook tires aired up to 35 psi.

Most states we were in had 75 mph speed limits, except Utah where it was 80 for quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    People ask me all the time... "What kind of gas mileage do you get in that"?

ME: "I dunno, I didn't buy it for the gas mileage"...
    07 CHARGER R/T | 20" LIQUID METAL MAGMA RIMS | NITTO NS 420S TIRES | BORLA 125 EXHAUST | CARRIAGE WORKS BILLET GRILLE | K&N CAI | DANKO CHIN | COLD CATHODES IN GRILLE | 25/20 TINT | SARONA 3PC WING |

Post Thanks / Like
    Just being conservative with the throttle is enough for the most part, yeah its no fun but you have to pay to play..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    true i dont even notice a difference since my last charger (sxt)

but yea maybe a honda comparrison would of been better haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy K View Post
    I recently got a 2007 Red charger r/t and love it to death. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve gas mileage? How many mph does the r/t average and what is the furthest it can go on one tank?
    I logged some gas mileage on my 07 RT. The gas tank on my car is 19 gallons according to the manual. If I wasn't heavy on the peddle ( which I do have a lead foot and drive spirited ) and tried to keep my RPM's 2000-2500 in the city,I would average about 110-130 miles per 1/2 tank city driving. So roughly 220-260 miles on a full tank is an approx. On the highway, @60-70 mph the best I got so far was approx. 350-410 mi on a tank of gas.

This is all using 93 oct fuel, Frankentake 3 CAI and a 91 oct Predator tune. So approx. gas mileage I have been getting is around 13 mpg city and 21 mpg highway. I'm hoping to improve these numbers slightly with a free flowing exhaust next year. Not expecting massive change, but 1-2 mpg's would be helpful.

So as other people have mentioned, don't mash in the peddle so much and try to watch your RPM's during city driving. You don't have to drive like a turtle, but keep your RPM's around the numbers I mentioned will help save you some gas.
    2007 Charger R/T, 5.7L - Mods: BT Catch Can, Predator 91 Oct CAI Tune, Frankentake 4, Pypes SMC10S Catback, SRT exhaust manifolds & mids

My Garage

Hemi Registry #1609

Post Thanks / Like
    The best mileage I have gotten was about 430 miles on a tank...with MDS on..this was all highway driving...at night for about 1300 miles.

Since I got my exhaust...my foot has gotten a little heavier...mostly to allow the fart can wanna-bes the chance to hear a real sounding vehicle...since then, I am at about 13.5 mpg. prior to the exhaust...figured about 17-18 mpg.

Post Thanks / Like
    i managed 500 miles on a non stop highway trip when the motor was near stock. best tip? block of wood under the gas pedal. learn to control your foot and mileage will improve.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic18566_2.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo59 View Post
    i managed 500 miles on a non stop highway trip when the motor was near stock. best tip? block of wood under the gas pedal. learn to control your foot and mileage will improve.
    lucky to get 1/4 mile now, huh?

LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread