View Poll Results: Buy It Now Option in the For Sale section?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 20.00%
  • No

7 23.33%
  • Let's Try It

17 56.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy It now Option in the For Sale threads

So on one of my other forums for my Audi, they have a option were you can do a Buy It now in your for sale thread when you post it. And you can even set it up to give the option to let the buyer send the funds right away to your paypal. I just saw that and thought it was really cool. I think that would save people some time when a hot item comes up and the seller wont have to review 30 PM's about it and decide who gets it. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all for it, but not sure how it would work. The seller would post a price and a link to a paypal? Whoever goes through the purchase first wins?

I'm not too familiar with how Paypal sales can be adjusted, but are they able to only take one payment and halt any subsequent payments (on a non-merchant account)? That way you don't have three people sending payments and the seller having to refund two of them.

If we can make it easy for everyone to use and simple to understand, I think it is a good idea!
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is someway to have the "buy it now" button disappear after the sale has been completed, that would be good thing and prevent multiple buyers.

Greg
    2006 Inferno Red Magnum SRT 8
    2006 Inferno Red Magnum R/T

Please PM me with any events that you think Ontario LXer's might be interested in.

A true hot rodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you can view this with out being a member, but this is how Audizine is set up:
    Stock Air Box / one Diverter Valve - The Audizine Classifieds

If you guys can make a button that has a Buy It Now, then when its clicked the option to pay right away will be there with the paypal info, when you make a listing on there it asks if you want to give the option to pay right away to paypal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most members on here are also members on other forums. I know I am.

The stuff I have for sale on here, I also have for sale on 2 other forums.

Now, imagine this hypothetical situation:

I'm at work 7AM-6PM and don't have access to most forums.

Somebody on THIS forum hits the Buy It Now button at 10AM.
    Somebody on another forum doesn't have that option, and simply sends me a PM on that forum saying they want it, but they do it at 9AM.

That 9AM buyer normally has dibs on that item, but now because of this forum's member did his "Buy It Now" thing, I may have to go through the hassle of doing a refund and explain to him/her why he can't have the item.

Therefore, I don't think the Buy-It-Now button would be a good idea, so I voted "No"

Billet Tech custom billet products Online Store

Many pictures of our products can be viewed here

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I would think the seller would determine if it's a "But it Now" sale or not. If you didn't want to use it you would not have to.

We are looking into doing a much larger classified project. I'll see about how we might be able to incorporate something like this.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.771402,-73.563759

Post Thanks / Like
    That is right. Everyone has a valid point, But you can check the box when you make the AD IF you want the Buy it Now option. I see it as LESS of a hassle for the seller AND buyer because he dosent have to wait for you to respond and what not. It would be kinda like Ebay. The size of for sale on here is the largest out of any forum I'm part of. Its a option that would be nice for some and not so nice for others. Just like giving the option and would make this forum that much better

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I'm not big on this idea.

It's one thing on eBay where you have a page full of info and pictures and shipping info. Even then I often like to make contact with the seller. You can tell a lot about a buyer/seller in a quick few words.

I think shipping details and pricing is a BIG determing factor in many transactions (for both parties).

And I'd worry that impulse buyers would increase resulting in increased negative feedback (warranted or not). I'd rather have the opportunity to confirm the buyers questions.

It would certainly result in a ton of "Need to know if it fits NOW" threads LOL.

I like the community marketplace feel of things as they are.

But it is a neat idea and I can see why it could be appealing.
    Last edited by bobsmyuncle; 09-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Hang on St. Christopher !!!

"I could lick you quicker than Hell could fizzle a feather"
    Sir John A. MacDonald

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it the idea.
    I assure you the habit of modding only gets worse! I know how people on drugs feel. I'm afraid I will start pawning sh*t if I don't get control of myself!

GONE

6.1 HEMI, RPM blower cam, 80 lb. injectors, Dual Walbro 255 fuel pumps, D-1SC ProCharger @ 14 psi, Kooks LT's w/High Flow Cats, MagnaFlow exhaust, Paramount Performance High Torque NAG1, Paramount Performance Dominator Torque Converter, DSS driveshaft, DSS 1000 hp axles Suspension-Fully adjustable Pedders, with sway bars and bushings.

Replacement: 2009 CTS-V 628 rwhp 610 Torque / 750 rwhp 775 Torque with wet 100 shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for taking the time to put your ideas out there. Just a option to make this place better

Post Thanks / Like
    don't think its a big priority as so many things are bought NOW anyway. Can't tell you how many times tried to jump on something posted within an hour and I'm 3rd, 4th or its all done.
    2008 Magnum BB R/T Hemi Registry # 1584 PPP Stage 2 Cam, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA High Flow cats, Heartthrob Exhaust, Eagle Intake, LMI Intake, MTCM, Blue Tops, ProTorque Converter, SRT Rear, Techo Strut Brace, lowered, Tuned by Diablotoona SOLD--2005 Mineral Gray AWD Hemi Registry # 1154

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    For the work being performed, length is far more important than diameter :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    With the issues I've seen on here over the months, I think "buy it now" would be buy it whenever I make it back to my computer with some folks...skippy is a good example of that. I like to have communication and negotiations over price before doing any buying on here. Also it is rare that someone's "asking price" ends up being the final price an item sells for...in my experience.
    '14 Mustang GT 5.0...Race Red...6spd Manual...Stock...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno6.1 View Post
    With the issues I've seen on here over the months, I think "buy it now" would be buy it whenever I make it back to my computer with some folks...skippy is a good example of that. I like to have communication and negotiations over price before doing any buying on here. Also it is rare that someone's "asking price" ends up being the final price an item sells for...in my experience.
    You would only use the "buy it now" button if you were happy with the asking price and shipping details posted. If you wanted to try and barter with the OP about price or shipping then you wouldn't use the button and use PM instead, but if someone else were use the "buy it now" button you would lose out on the sale.

It would be up to the seller to make sure their post is complete with shipping details and a fair price.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    That is right

Post Thanks / Like
    Some reasons why I don't think it would be more efficient than the current system...

1. People post a "buy it now" and someone does the buy it now and doesn't hear from the seller for weeks

2. You are not bound into a contract on this site like you are on Ebay or the other governed auction sites so people will list a "buy it now" and not give a crap like I've seen happen without buy it now

3. People list things in multiple places and I think buy it now might actually open the door to more fraud and confusion...say if someone buys a product here but the seller had it also listed in craigs or other forums

4. I don't think there's enough traffic to make a buy it now option sell items any faster

5. If the prices are negotiable and simply OBO as most are then how does buy it now option make selling any more efficient?

6. I can go put "buy it now" in front of my listings...how does that change anything seriously? lol

7. There's no way I'm giving my credit card information or paypal or whatever through a casual forum setting like this

There might be more...I'll think of them lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread