Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I HATE Armadillos!!

Those pests are totally useless IMHO! They are almost blind and jump when startled. At 4 this morning on my way to work I came around a corner and there was one in the road. Before I could react the armadillo passed under my car, which startled it and cause it to jump. I didnt see any damage on the car when i got to work and didnt notice anything when I left. Once I got home, there was a foul stench coming from the car. I looked under it but didnt see anything until I put the car up on ramps. A piece of the Armadillo skin was stuck in the plastic cover for the radiator. Now that piece is completely broken. I knocked the skin out from under the car and sprayed the area the best I could with my water hose. Now I have to replace that plastic piece. At least it did its job....
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2000 Hyundai Tiburon (POS!) *SOLD*
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP *SOLD* 13.6@101

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I thought you Georgians were big into barbecue! Flip it over and slap some barbecue sauce on him, he just ain't done yet. I'll swap you a 30 lb Maine porcupine for one of those, they come with their own tooth pics, too.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec Headers , BorlaCatback ,TDP - 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, 285,000 miles, 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 1/8th mile 7.707 sec /90.19 mph -- 05 QC4X4 Ram 195,000 mi . Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    lol... I think you got Georgians mixed up with those wild assed Cajuns a few states over. They will make gumbo out of just about anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must have been going slow to catch him there.

I had one hop late and end up as a front of trailer ornament. Laughed whole time I was cleaning it off at the car wash.

MrRichter (Thumper)

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I was doing about 70 - 75 down the highway, speed limit 65. So I didnt have much time to react to him when I came around a curve and there he was. Normally I can see them and get into the other lane to avoid them, but this one caught me by surprise. I live out in the country, so they are everywhere out here. If it isnt armadillos, it is those damn opossums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagCrzyRT View Post
    Actually I was doing about 70 - 75 down the highway, speed limit 65. So I didnt have much time to react to him when I came around a curve and there he was. Normally I can see them and get into the other lane to avoid them, but this one caught me by surprise. I live out in the country, so they are everywhere out here. If it isnt armadillos, it is those damn opossums.

Yeah nothing but a skunk stinks worse than having some joker put a dead possum under the spare tire laying in the bed of your pickup during a hot Texas summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Possums suck... But armadillos are worse... A long time ago, I was driving home in my truck, and strattled an armadillo, of course it jumped, and clipped my rear axle... Not til the next day did I realize the stupid thing was stuck back there... One of the most horrifying smells I have ever smelled it was young Jedi...
    2006 Brilliant Black Magnum SRT8
    Inertia 218/226 on a 114lsa, hotchkis suspension

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happened to me only with a fox....Had red hair around the screws....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemi Registry 0436 PWR Forged 6.1 block -Novi1500 -Modern Muscle ported intake manifold - Indy Heads - PWR cam - TTI Longtubes - Paramount TC/Transmission- BFNY 3.06 Getrag-325/45/17M&H Installed by: Afterhours Mopar Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    30 lb armadillo sheeh....try a 1500lb cow moose and a 500 lb calf standing on the road

Post Thanks / Like
    You have definitely trumped me there with the cow moose and calf. I hope you and whoever was with you came out alright. what were you driving?

Post Thanks / Like
    My nephew when he was about 4yo was traveling with his step dad from Dallas to Houston when they hit a horse and rolled the car off the road through a fence and into a stock tank landing upside down. First thing he did when everything came to a halt with him hanging upside down in the car seat was scream yeah haw can we do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite though is a local propane truck driver (about 65yo) had a wild turkey come through the wind shield of the truck at about 55 still alive. When Jervis got the truck stopped he was all cut up and bloody with a good layer of Turkey sh_t on him and the entire inside of the truck. The bird hopped out the hole in the wind shield left a present and proceeded on hi way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemmmm Armadillo,====Possum on the half shell!
    I assure you the habit of modding only gets worse! I know how people on drugs feel. I'm afraid I will start pawning sh*t if I don't get control of myself!

GONE

6.1 HEMI, RPM blower cam, 80 lb. injectors, Dual Walbro 255 fuel pumps, D-1SC ProCharger @ 14 psi, Kooks LT's w/High Flow Cats, MagnaFlow exhaust, Paramount Performance High Torque NAG1, Paramount Performance Dominator Torque Converter, DSS driveshaft, DSS 1000 hp axles Suspension-Fully adjustable Pedders, with sway bars and bushings.

Replacement: 2009 CTS-V 628 rwhp 610 Torque / 750 rwhp 775 Torque with wet 100 shot

Post Thanks / Like
    All you all are forgetting that armadillos and other critters that were mentioned in this post were around before any roads crossed their natural habitat.

You/we are encroaching on their habitat, and they are just going about their business, the armadillo lost a piece of his hide, while you were speeding by your own admission on the highway crossing its natural territorial pathway. get a grip, you lose a piece of your hide and we all have to hear of the injustice of it all. Have some respect for the natural world that surrounds us and that we are a part of, not one that we own.

Michael
    Magnum and Marauder owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Buzz kill...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread