Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PWR's first stab at a 440 stroker!!!

is all I can say. I knew going into this when I changed from a 426 to a 440 that the risks were there for a first time, one off 440 from Andy. (obviously still risks being a new motor) But I was willing to try something different and accept the consequences as they fall. I don't want to jinx myself but man....this F'n motor is bad-ass It's strong, idles great, and is everything I wanted. My 6.1 NA heads/cam engine that Andy set me up with a couple of years ago was no slouch. It would keep up with the best of em except the "bantam weight" 6.1s But this car pulls so much harder it's amazing. I've not had a chance to put it on a dyno yet so I have nothing to share yet. It will soon go down the track in a enormous DA so we'll see how she does. I'd love to see some 11.4-11.5 passes at full weight and big DA.

I had some fun yesterday on a deserted road and the feeling you get when the tach is sitting at 6400 at the top of second and then it hits hard on the 2-3 shift is incredible. I'm not used to that kind of torque and it felt like the engine was trying to jump out of the hood!

Big thanks to Andy for all my texting, phone calls, etc. while I kept changing my mind on various things during the buildIt all came together bro
    Scott and Jon over at AMP: Man what can I say...2 classy, talented guys that made this whole thing come together. This wasn't just a motor swap. these guys did a getrag, fuel upgrade system, injectors, new fuel pump, timimg chain, etc.... They double and triple checked everything. Awesome, quality work.

Jerseyboy: When I found out Johan was in Sweeden when my car was near completion, my heart sunk. $hit, what now?? Andy sets me up with Joel and with a base tune from Johan to get the car rolling, Joel has my car running great through several email tunes. No cutting off, surging, etc. It idles between 750-850 and drives great. Thanks Bud, you've got serious skills.

Thanks guys. I'm a happy camper and haven't even squeezed the button yet

PWR 426, Paramount Tranny/4000 dominator, PWR cam 247/252 115+2LSA, Apache Heads,
    Modern Muscle ported intake/90mm TB, Kooks LT headers, Billy Boat exhaust. LMI Intake

Installed with love by AMP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Jim. Your car is running strong.

10.29@132 N/A 468 in '05 Magnum R/T
    Hemituner, Arrington, GTP, FTI, Paramount, Driveshaft Shop, LMI, and a few other goodies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratz on the 440!
    I assure you the habit of modding only gets worse! I know how people on drugs feel. I'm afraid I will start pawning sh*t if I don't get control of myself!

GONE

6.1 HEMI, RPM blower cam, 80 lb. injectors, Dual Walbro 255 fuel pumps, D-1SC ProCharger @ 14 psi, Kooks LT's w/High Flow Cats, MagnaFlow exhaust, Paramount Performance High Torque NAG1, Paramount Performance Dominator Torque Converter, DSS driveshaft, DSS 1000 hp axles Suspension-Fully adjustable Pedders, with sway bars and bushings.

Replacement: 2009 CTS-V 628 rwhp 610 Torque / 750 rwhp 775 Torque with wet 100 shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I know you are excited. Now bring that beast up to VMP for MoPar Madness...
    Gunner (Mike)
    2007 Tor-Red MSRT W/ SRT group I, II & III
    LMI true CAI, MMPG 87mm TB, GTP Ported Intake Manifold, Inertia Performance Heads, FRI Tomahawk, 176* T-Stat, SLP U/D pulley, JBA Long Tubes with catted mids, Custom cat-back W/ Blastin' Bob's, PT 2800, Blue tops, Getrag W/ 3.73s and CMR tuned by Brent at DTP.
    11/11/11 11.504 @ 118.00, 1.598 60' W/ 315/35/17 NT05R DRs @ 20lbs, 93 oct pump gas, 4125lbs, and a DA of -680

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up Jim! Very good to hear how happy you are!!

Worlds first N/A stock motor LX Mopar 11sec.1/4mi. pass! Best SLB 11.660@117.63 1.70 60ft.
    Personal best time - heads, cam, ported intake, tune, 3,975#RW 11.071@126 1.51 60ft.

Fly wheel to drive wheel "Paratrain"

PWR 440 delivered!
    BFNY for the install!

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome stuff jim!!! i had a big grin on my face after i got to take it for a spin last weekend!!! lol

she pulls like a train brother! see you in a few weeks at the dig!
    FLXC President

10.06 @ 140 mph PWR forged 6.1 Procharger F1A Nitrous Outlet
    AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!

"This is what I love about drag racing. I feel an intense focus as everything is extremely loud and quiet around me simultaneously. Nothing else besides me and my immediate environment exists for these short moments." - Budoboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Big congrats, i bet the torque is sick...
    What is bore/stroke of the build?

Name is Kyle aka Dookie 2006->CHSRT8->426->:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    440 is just sick! Congrats, sounds like your enjoying it
    PPP stage 2 Heads, Super Spartan Max Cam, Inertia Ported/Coated Intake, Zoomer's, Kooks, no cat's, Jet 180 t-stat, BT catch can.
    435rwhp/413rwtq..mustang dyno

More to come

Post Thanks / Like
    very cool Jim, cant wait to see her run at the dig
    Mods: 6.1 motor with PPP Ported Heads and 224/228 598/578 113LSA, stock tq converter, stock SRT headers with gutted cats, JBA 3in exhaust, LMI hammer design intake. The only 6.1 motor running a 2.82 rear.....Soon to be 3.06 gears.....Installs done by Afterhours Mopar Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with what you said about "Jerseyboy"

Would like to see some dyno numbers and track results from your new build.
    I realize now it takes a special kind of person to deal with late model Hemi vendors and the quality of service and products they provide.
    Well I never received the highest grades in school but I am not that "special" of person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Jim, Im sure it was a blast going from 2nd to 3rd @ redline.
    6.1L Hemi Registry #1142 07SRT8MAGNUM

2007 MSRT8

2003 Toyota PreRunner

1987 Fiero GT w/'03 Z06-LS6

1968 289 Mustang- stock

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, Jim. Great to hear.

Yep, and that Andy dude, it is amazing what he will do to make the build go right.

One of these days I will have a cool motor thread, also.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't wait until the shindig. Let's get some baselines on that bad boy Saturday at the rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice jim..Now you'll be able to move the tennessee/kentucky moon shine back to the linea's quick!

I'd be unstoppable if it wasnt for Physics & Law enforcement

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Jim. Your car is running strong.
    06 MSRT8 Mods: PWR Aluminum 406, Thitek Heads, AGP Twin Turbo kit, ATF TH400, DSS 9'' IRS
    Installed by GearHead Fabrications

RIP Lou

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread