Post Thanks / Like

New Brakes Installed - Thoughts

My car had 60,000 on it, and the vibration/wobble/pulsating had just gotten so bad, I'd had enough.
    I ordered from R1Concepts...

Drilled Premium, (no slots).
    Stoptech Stainless Brake Lines.
    Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads.

I've had my new brakes for about 1000 miles now, thought I'd give some thoughts.

I absolutely LOVE the stable, no shimmy/shaking stopping power. I had gotten so used to how bad it was, that it had really changed the way I drove, and even THOUGHT about driving my car.

If you order Brake Lines for an R/T, be sure the fronts are 950.63003. I was originally sent the 950.63004, and they are probably for SRT, and do NOT work. The 004's are quite a bit shorter than the correct ones.
    I've run for about 1000 miles with just the rear stainless lines, and just this weekend put on the front correct ones. I will tell ya, I'd gotten used to the new brakes with the upgraded rear hoses, and putting on JUST the fronts really made a difference.
    You can really feel the initial grab and more solid pedal with all 4 having the stainless. Very nice.

I used ATE super Blue brake Fluid. I like this stuff because they offer the same stuff in Amber, so next fluid change I'll use Amber, and I'll know when the fluid is new when the color changes at the bleeder.

The Posi-Quiet pads at 1000 miles do not match up to their name. I have a squeal when hitting the brakes, coming from the rear. I took the wheels off, took the calipers off, and checked the pads, (looked fine), and AGAIN put on pad quiet goo that I bought at the auto parts store. I still get the squeal, but not as loudly, or for as long of a period as before. So it did improve.

After 1000 miles, there is barely any wear on the rotors, they still show the cross hatch pattern from new. I'm wondering if perhaps a more aggressive pad would be better for these, but I did not want the dust. I'd rather just keep and eye on them, and swap pads every year or so. Even with the disks not seeming broke in, the cars stops incredibly well.

Here are the WRONG front brake hoses

Here is the CORRECT set for the front...

And here's some install pics.... (it's a challenge to get good pics with these wheels and a camera phone )

Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! What did you do with your old brake lines? Pm sent!
    - 2007 Charger 3.5 - Mods: Daytona wheels, VFN Hood, AEM intake, BT Catch Can, SS Braided hoses, Diablo Tuner, Hemi calipers, Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors, SRT Suspension, SRT Sways, 6000k HID Head/Fog Lights, Led interior/exterior/underhood, Custom Two Tone Vinyl, Painted Sidemarkers, 3g Abs cover, 5% Limo Tint, 2010 OEM Projector Headlight conversion, 2010 Tails, Daytona grill/spoiler, Custom 2010 Tails and trunk, Borla dual exhaust with H-Pipe, Funky Cold goodies, Interior wrap. Coming Soon - Custom headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    About four months ago I swapped all my brake hardware for the Brembo setup from a 2010 SRT Charger and bought the R-1 Concepts Slotted rotors and Ceramic Posi-Quiet pads, SST Stoptec lines and ATE Blue brake fluid. I like the low dust from the pads but think they need a better bite. Every once in awhile I get brake squeel from the rears, this maybe due to installing the pads dry no lube/brake quiet on the backside of the pads. I usually just try and re-bed them and that seems to work. I have a set of the OEM pads I may try soon with a set of titanium backing plates. I really like the looks and performance of the whole setup.
    ARI 440 rebuilt by Charlie's Machine, Apache heads, 6.1 Intake, 87mm TB Ported by MM, TTi 1-7/8" Long Tubes and 3" Mid pipes, Dyno-Max Ultra-Flow 3" Exhaust, LMI 4" CAI, Predator, BC Racing Suspension, Magnum front w/69 Cuda Grill inserts, Trufiber SRT8 hood, Zeitronix Wideband, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SPC Front/Rear Camber Kits, 3.06 GETRAG, Builder Bill Billet Stator 3200 TC, Flex-Plate & Stage 2 Valve Body, TZ Trans Kit, Brembo brake set and Tuned by Brent @ DTP Racing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I probably just need to bed them in, honestly they've had 1000 easy miles. 600 of that was road trip.

Share This Thread