LX Forums Forum banner

Challenger II, Trans Am, and Black Superbird

15K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  1FASTSOFA 
#1 · (Edited)
LX members,

It has been a while since we have updated our section on the forums. Below are pictures of just some of the projects that have been keeping us so busy. We are also currently working on building a new website that will be launched soon. In our new store we will have a variety of parts for the Challenger, Charger, and Camaro. When the new store is up we will post a discount code on LXforums that can be applied to all of our products. More updates to come!!

For more pictures checkout our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HPP-Heide-Performance-Products/229228645751?sk=wall&filter=2

See less See more
#7 ·
I need a super bird badly!!!! What's something like that cost?

#12 ·
The complete Superbird conversion if done in our shop costs $17,895.

The Superbird conversion includes:

Functional Nose Cone with Headlight Doors
Rear Wing Assembly
Rear Quarter Air Vent Scoop
HPP Fender Badging
Tail Light Overlays
Pistol Grip Shifter
Dash Bezels painted to match exterior color
Serialized Dash Plaque
HPP Custom Floor Mats
Superbird Logo Graphics

#8 ·
the ChallengerII is pretty killer ..The Superbird makes me think "DEATH RACE 2000" ... in a good way

#17 ·
Both the Charger and the Challenger are basically identical cars (90% of all components). The only real difference is 4 inches in the wheel base and some outer sheet metal. Second, the Challenger wheel base is identical to the original Superbird and Daytona. Funny fact is that the Charger front end could in theory bolt on to the Challenger other than some body line changes; we checked it out. When it came down to it; a 2 door conversion on a charger would cost more than 2 times the cost of our Daytona conversion (we did all of the measuring and pricing ourselves). In a strange way the Challenger is really just a converted Charger or 300 already since Chrysler used the 4 door platform (Charger specifically) to make the Challenger because it was the least expensive way to do it. Not that this completely addresses the purists, but the Challenger is really already a converted Charger. I hope this sheds some light as to why we felt it was appropriate to use the Challenger as the base.

#18 ·
Is the Trans Am re-do also all yours?

#25 · (Edited)
I'm curious....

Why not sell the front fascia separately?

Is it a trademarked look that you want to sell as a complete "package"?

I'd think that front end would help with the mile runs a LOT.

And while it wouldn't gain you 18k... I bet you'd sell a ****-load of them. (yes, that is a scientific unit of measurement)

#26 ·
I'm curious....

Why not sell the front fascia separately?

Is it a trademarked look that you want to sell as a complete "package"?

I'd think that front end would help with the mile runs a LOT.
It does. And after some discussion we've decided that we will sell it separately. Our original concern was the difficulty of install. But for those that want to purchase just the front fascia we will sell it separately and provide a thorough set of instructions as well as technical support.

#30 ·
The grille of the Pontiac is not the best and the rear isnt quite right but i love the fact that its a trans am..

Always love that black superbird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.