Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

V6 Sub-forum for build threads.

I've been thinking it would be nice where we can make our own build threads in the v6 forum. Just make a third sub forum that we can keep specifically for build threads. Basically a place where guys can post pics of all their mods, it will dramatically cut down on "what i did this weekend" kind of threads. Every other forum I've been on they have something similar. It would kind of be like the hemi-registry, but not necessarily as strict, or as complex, no numbers needed, just someone to keep an eye on it and keep spam out. And I'd be more then willing to monitor it if this would go through. Also this could dramatically help with the amount of oversized sigs, if someone can link to a build thread, then they dont need to post every mod in their sig, like myself.
    RIP Maggie - (Aug 07, 2007 - Dec 04, 2011)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea.
    Mods: Big Bully/Spectre Cold Air Intake; R/T Exhaust;JDM Headlights; SRT Sways; Tinted Windows;Boston Accoustic Speakers and 10" sub, Crunch 500 watt power amp; KW V1 Suspension/Coilovers; Predator Tune; Fog Lights; 71mm TB and lower intake; HoneyComb grille; JBA Headers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the idea .. asked about a V6 registry couple years ago.

Hopefully more open to the idea this round.
    2006 Lil Red Wagon SXT
    Modlist : AFE Stage II, JBA Headers, Corsa Catback, 20" Vipers, Cross Drilled Rotors, Diablo Bob@SVS Tuned, Pioneer DEH-5000UB, 12" Enclosers, Halos, Low/Fog HIDs, Cuda Grille, TruFiber Chally Hood.

at the Track

My Garage

Mentoria Computer Consulting

Post Thanks / Like
    As expected, not a large response, I'm just trying to consolidate on the "exhaust" and "intake" threads, that way if its all in build threads, and people link it to their sigs, maybe it will reduce that. IDK, I hope someone gives us an answer or a chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in, what do we have to do?
    2006 Daytona Top Banana 0021 of 4000

HEMI: (HEM-e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to United States. Carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda' quiet round these parts, but I'm in ... not much to go in with yet, just deciding what to go under the knife with first ...
    Mopar 11 #87 (of 131 in Canada)
    Mopar CAI, Mopar Lip, Magnaflow Catback, BC Racing Coil Overs,
    LLumar PinnacleŽ Series Tint 15% all around
    Custom Engine Cover by T Kutz Design

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe even a registry like the HEMIs have would be cool. Something to link to off of our sig

Need a tire calculator? Use this one.
    Plenty more pics on my Facebook page

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the idea behind it, but not a registry, where the mod's dont need to approve them, and set them up. This would be a self monitored sub forum so each person can have one thread to keep updating their mods. Just a documentary for yourself basically for everyone else to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum375 Jr View Post
    Thats the idea behind it, but not a registry, where the mod's dont need to approve them, and set them up. This would be a self monitored sub forum so each person can have one thread to keep updating their mods. Just a documentary for yourself basically for everyone else to read.
    I like that idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 9 posts on the subject in almost two weeks kind of tells the tale in terms of demand and interest, I'm afraid.
    "LxF welcomes with open arms all members, regardless of social status, creed, color, sexual preference, or anything else. The only thing we discriminate against is douchebags."

Check out Darth Hemi in the LxForums Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRobertson View Post
    Only 9 posts on the subject in almost two weeks kind of tells the tale in terms of demand and interest, I'm afraid.
    So is there another option for someone with a V6 to share the mods on there car in a single thread or series of threads without being thrown all over every other section? Maybe something like a user page or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you have a build thread on your engine, you would put it in Engine / Intake / Exhaust / Performance like anyone else.

Even people with V8's could, I guess, get lumped in with intakes and exhausts and general performance questions.

We have to strike a balance. On the one hand it would be nice to have just an Intakes forum. One more for Exhausts and another three or four more for 2.7, 3.5, 5.7 and 6.1 liter forums. Then another still for strokers? But in practice ... its a sucky idea. Plus multiple forums drag down the performance of the site... and we have going on three hundred of them already.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package
    6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a look at the V6 area, and there is already a general V6 forum, as well as individual subforums for the 2.7 and 3.5. Only the 3.5 subforum has its front page posts all in the current month. The other two have so little traffic that posts up to two months old are still on the front page. So it seems like there are already plenty of options available and no need to split it out any further.

Sorry but there just isn't enough traffic to justify a split.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea, I'll go with whatever comes out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread