Post Thanks / Like

Sirius Radio: Price Negotiable ??

I just got my renewal for my Sirius Radio, $301.32 for 2 years.
    Is this the going rate ?? anyone negotiate the price with them ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds about right, I pay $17 something a month for XM/Sirius with the premium package.

'09 Charger SRT8 - Black - traded
    '06 Charger R/T - blue - traded

Post Thanks / Like
    150 a year is the going rate for 1 radio. i pay a little more since i have it on my phone as well. they used to give discounts on longer plans but i think that has stopped. they dont even offer lifetime anymore, only 5 years, unless you have one from when they did. apparently there is a class action lawsuit that is being settled over price increases. they cant raise prices for a year or some nonsense like that.

If You Subscribed to Sirius, XM, or Sirius XM Radio
    You Could Get Benefits From a Class Action Settlement

Para una notificación en Español, llamar 1-800-760-6247 o visitar www.SatelliteRadioSuit.com
    Read this message carefully. Records show you subscribed to Sirius XM Radio. We are sending this e-mail to tell you about the proposed Settlement of a class action that may affect your legal rights. Go to www.SatelliteRadioSuit.com for a detailed notice about the proposed Settlement. There is a class action lawsuit against Sirius XM concerning the July 28, 2008 merger that created Sirius XM. The lawsuit claims this merger violated federal antitrust laws and that Sirius XM raised its prices as a result of the merger. Sirius XM denies it did anything wrong.
    Who's Included? You are included in the Class if you were a Sirius, XM, or Sirius XM subscriber anytime from July 29, 2008 to July 5, 2011 and you paid: (1) the U.S. Music Royalty Fee; or (2) a monthly multi-radio charge of $8.99; or (3) a $2.99 monthly Internet access charge if you previously did not pay to access Sirius XM's content over the Internet.
    What Does the Settlement Provide? Under this proposed Settlement, Sirius XM has agreed it will not raise the price of its base subscription plan and certain other prices through the end of 2011. Additionally, subscribers with long term plans (excluding lifetime subscriptions) will be permitted to restart their plan at current rates before December 31, 2011. After approval of the Settlement, former subscribers will also be permitted to either (a) reconnect their satellite radio without paying a reactivation fee and receive one month of service at no cost; or (b) receive one month of Sirius XM Internet streaming service at no cost. The estimated value of the Settlement is $180 million. The Settlement does not provide for cash payments to the Class.
    How to Get Benefits? Current subscribers scheduled to renew before December 31, 2011 do not need to do anything. Current subscribers who are scheduled to renew after December 31, 2011 and who want to restart their long term plan at current rates as well as former subscribers who want to reconnect service or receive streaming service should go to www.siriusxm.com/blessingclassaction.
    What Are Your Options? If you do not want to be legally bound by the Settlement, you must exclude yourself from it. The deadline to exclude yourself is July 5, 2011. If you do not exclude yourself, you will release all claims against Sirius XM concerning any conduct arising out of, based on, or relating to the merger that created Sirius XM. If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to it by July 11, 2011. The detailed notice, available at the website or by calling the toll-free number, tells you how to exclude yourself or object. The Court will hold a hearing on August 8, 2011, to consider whether to approve the Settlement and a request by Class Counsel for attorneys' fees and costs up to $13 million, plus interest. You may appear at the hearing, but you don't have to. You may also hire your own attorney, at your own expense, to appear or speak for you at the hearing, but you don't have to.
    Do not call or write to Judge Baer for information.
    For more information about the Settlement: www.SatelliteRadioSuit.com 1-800-760-6247

sounds like prices are going up next year. im gone once howard leaves
    Last edited by PRPLHAZE; 06-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I let mine lapse. Then I got a letter from them advertising $70 for a year.

"A workshop is a Temple where we invoke the blessings of the Gods of invention.
    And seek refuge from the heretics who know not the joy of creating something unique.
    "

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid $70yr, per the rep I had to tell them I want to cancel my subscription then was able to get that deal. I had paid $20 for 3months prior to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best deal (depending on quality of radio) is the 500/lifetime deal. But, the only catch is that it is only for one radio, and cannot be transferred if that radio craps out.

BTW - I am paying something like 190/year here in Canada.

edit* - plus i have stock in Sirius, so nobody join that lawsuit!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I pay 117 a year

Stock catback, and stock drivetrain
    Typing from a tablet, excuse typos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely negotiable.

I think they wanted something like $150/yr initially after my trial was over. Searching online ( and mostly LXF), I found if you get ahold of the retentions dept, you stand a better chance of striking a deal.

After two rejections the final person offered $75/yr or 6 months for $37.

Good luck!

-310SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    Call them up!

I had sincerely intended to cancel my Sirius radio and my wife's XM - and you have to call to do so. While on the line to cancel Sirius back in April, they offered some deal that instead of the $70 I pay for 6-months it would be $30 or so. I said no thanks, I want to cancel. She then puts me on hold, comes back and offers it for $14. I take it.

The dumb thing is that even though Sirius and XM merged 3-years ago, the accounts are separate and no one can see that I have two accounts, or the activity on either. So, after calling Sirius, I call XM looking to play the new game I have just learned. $70 was reduced to even less right off the bat - maybe $25. I hold out for the better offer, and this time it is $6 for 6-months. The lady I got this time also told me that she will delete my CC info, so they can not automatically renew at the going rate. When it is time to renew, they will mail me a statement, at which point I should call in again to get the best deal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Before doing anything, read this thread (or at least the first post and the last few pages since it is HUGE!)...

Sirius $77.70 a year

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gang of letters from them at home with all kinds of different offers. I just throw them in my car file. Ill look for the lowest rate and forward the offer # to you. If your interested.
    So Dark Even The Flames Are Black!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first got the SRT8, I called asking if they offered a trial period. They gave me 4 months free. Then I didn't renew it. Then I would keep getting their "last chance" or "come back" emails with pretty good offers.

Then I received an email which was offering 5 months for $19.99. $40 for almost a year isn't too bad.

I hope I still have that email. If I find it, I'll update this thread and you all can PM me and I'll forward it on.

But honestly, there was no promo code in the email. So I'm guessing if you call and say you got this email offering 5 months for $19.99, they might give it to you. It's worth a shot.
    When I was in Iraq, I always carried a picture of my car. When I was asked why I didn't carry a picture of my girl, I said "Because I know my car will be there when I get back. And because I know no one was in my car while I was gone."

Post Thanks / Like
    F%^k Sirius they wanted $90 for 6 months so I tried to call and cancel and got put on hold for 45 min the first time and gave up, called 6 more times and never got to talk to a person. What really made me mad if i called to signup I could talk to a stupid A-h&*^ in India that wouldn't help only transfer me....You can not cancel online so they got you by the balls all they have to do is not answer..They wanted to bill me for the time after the contract had lapsed plus fees so I registered a complaint with the BBB on Sunday and guess who called and spoke English. She was nice and all but it was way to late for that crap, she trided to get me to re-up for $90 for a year ohboy ...

FYI look at the BBB site before you spend one more dollar with a company like this, I refuse to give this bad of a company any of my money...my 2 cents

Consumer Complaints for Sirius XM Radio - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomm666 View Post
    I think the best deal (depending on quality of radio) is the 500/lifetime deal. But, the only catch is that it is only for one radio, and cannot be transferred if that radio craps out.

BTW - I am paying something like 190/year here in Canada.

edit* - plus i have stock in Sirius, so nobody join that lawsuit!!

I jumped on the $500 deal 6 1/2 years ago and glad I did, I just pulled out my contract as I wasn't sure your info was correct and I actually am intitled to 3 equipment changes. But don't see any changes soon as all is still working qute well.

Oh and I understand they do NOT offer the Lifetime deal anymore!

Last edited by Tmagnum; 06-05-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the deal that they sent me (5-9-2011)...

5 months for $25.00

It says to go here...

www.siriusxm.com/sw2e25

another dated 4-8-2011 same deal differnet link...

www.siriusxm.com/sw1e25

Hope it helps someone.

Share This Thread