First off my name is Adam Tschakert and I am from Minnesota.
This venture started off with me PM'ing Alex from GTP headmasters about there sponsorships they were looking to do. Craig had proceeded to call me one evening and we chated about what he does and we exchanged a little background info about eachother and had a nice talk. I had a slew of parts already together and one of my last pieces of the puzzle I needed was the cylinder heads to complete my build list. They chose me to be a sponsored car , needless to say I am excited. The only thing they asked of me with the sponsorship is to prove there product at the track, which shouldn't be a problem as I love the dragstrip.
- Baseline dyno numbers to be done on friday May 13th at Saint Paul Automotive (this is a mustang dyno, so no BS, and this will be the same dyno final tuning will be done at)
- Motor internals and the such get put in on May 14th and 15th (all work is being done by me and my long time friend Andy who is ASE certified, weve built a few motors together in our days).
- Datalogging and tune updates via the street (this will be me datalogging and sending info back and forth for tune revisions from Mike at OSTdyno). I am sure this will span over several days, possibly a couple of weeks until Mike feels were dialed in pretty well.
- Final tuning to be done at Saint Paul Automotive on the same dyno the baseline numbers were done at. This will be remote live tuning with Mike from OSTdyno, I'll send data logs back and forth over the internet to get things complete that day on the spot with Mike.
- Upgrade the driveline (SRT 3.06 rearend, CTP driveshaft loop, getrag axles, blue top shift solenoids and a Builder Bill or FTI converter <still need to make that decision).
- Make some tweaks to the tune with Mike from OSTdyno to get everything perfect in the tune for the convertor and gear changes.
- Hit the track ready to rock with some 275/40/17 DR's and see what she's got.
The new parts going in:
- GTP headmasters stage 2 heads (milled .030)
- FRI sparrow camshaft
- 6.1 lifters
- custom pushrods
- Crower Adjustable timing set w/6.1 tensioner
- 6.1 injectors
- Fastman 84mm Throttle Body
- LMI fenderwell intake
- BT EGR delete
- Dynamic grounding kit
- Eagle intake manifold
- CTP Eagle intake manifold spacers
- SLP 25% underdrive pulley
- Paramount flex plate w/ ARP bolts
- CMR tune from OST dyno
Theres a few cosmetic things getting done also but everything above is the perfomance parts being added. I will get some pics up next week as we are working on things over the weekend.
A big shout out goes to Alex and Craig at GTPheadmasters also, great guys to deal with and communication on there end has been great.
Last edited by mcshocks; 05-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.
2006 Charger R/T NA 1/4 mile PB: 11.741 @ 115.91 mph on a 1.606 60'1998 C5 corvette coupe NA 1/4 mile PB: 11.778 @ 118.38mph on a 1.763 60' nitrous times to come
Sounds like a fast combo Alex.
Your in good hands with Mike at OST. He made my Sparrow sing PB 1/4 over and over!
I'm sure others share my interest and would like to see pics of the heads.
Last edited by Alcharger; 05-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.
ALL NA Times:
5.7L 11.29 ET, 118.6 MPH, 1.50 60'
6L 10.76 ET, 125.6 MPH, 1.47 60
NA Iron Block 1/4 mile Record
1st NA Iron Block in the 9's
9.975 ET, 135.7 MPH, 1.37 60'
Thanks: PWR Engine/Cam,Thitek Heads, Paramount Tran
Tuner: OST Dyno
I'll have pictures up on wednesday, thats when they'll be here from shipping.
GTP is doing great things to help our community, sponsoring your racing venture along with sponsoring the Modern Street HEMI Shootout at MIR next month.
Good stuff and good luck with the new build.
Congrats on the new build. Can't wait to see the results.
06 MSRT8 Mods: PWR Aluminum 406, Thitek Heads, AGP Twin Turbo kit, ATF TH400, DSS 9'' IRS
Installed by GearHead Fabrications
Someone is getting cylinder heads tomorrow.
In for pics....oh wait, I've already seen them
High performance cylinder heads of all makes....especially Hemi's...
Heres some pics of the well loved for cylinder heads from GTPheadmasters, these things look amazing, something tells me I'm gonna make some serious power with these Thanks again to the crew over at GTPheadmasters, excited to get these babies on this weekend!
Last edited by mcshocks; 05-11-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Schwing!!! Very nice.
'05 Magnum RT: 392 Twin TC70 Turbo Build
I approve of this post !
Yup, very nice.
Posted via LXFMobile
Baseline numbers here on a good stingy mustang dyno:
Mods: Trinity, 180 t-stat, JBA shorties, HHP high flow mids, Magnaflow catback, (This was also done on SRT 20" rims and not my stock 18's)
Last edited by mcshocks; 05-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Well she's up and runing , got it started on Sunday. Everything went very smooth and she fired right up on the first turn of the key. She's very strong with just the startup tune and were only shifting it at stock shift points right now. AFR is right at about 12.4 throughout the RPM range at WOT with a few peaks and dips that will get smoothed out.
Took a bunch of pics that I will post up when I get around to it.
Heres a couple pics, I have a bunch of the build in progress pics I need to load yet too.