Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Andy's making me drool..... =)

Some of you know I've been working hard and saving for quite a while to pay for a new shortblock. It really hasn't been easy since my wife left her full time job and went back to school full time to complete her Bachelors degree. The extra mod money went to tuition, books, and bills when that happened. Jess finishes her last three classes this summer and graduates August 13 from MTSU! Congrats Jess (MJsSRT)!!!

Anyways, another thanks to the IRS saving tax money for us the past two years... looks like I can finally finish paying the motor off! Andy has been great working with me during this rough patch and even changing directions from a 392 at first to the 8.5:1 420ci below. Here's a pic I received from Andy last night via txt, after all the hard work looks like its finally paying off!!!

Last edited by Peter Parker; 05-02-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fixed compression

Lopey: 6.1L N/A Modified / 3700lbs 473rwhp/439tq ~ Quickest ET : 11.152/117.5mph, 1/8 - 7.0/99.56, 1/4 Trap - 126.15mph <~ Sold
    R.I.P. Lou1355

Post Thanks / Like
    A big congrats to Jess. That school thing is a big one.

That short block sure looks like a beauty. Fun stuff, Peter.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

InferAl is offline "R.I.P. Lou1355 "The Hellbitch lives On"
    Post Thanks / Like
    With 9.5:1 what other goodies have you got in mind
    2009 Challenger R/T PWR// Aluminum Big Bore 426..PWR// Thitek Heads & Cam Installed By BFNY Performance
    SHR Trans Paramount 8.8 & Dominator TC Tuned By Jerseyboy Atco
    Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGFX View Post
    A big congrats to Jess. That school thing is a big one.

That short block sure looks like a beauty. Fun stuff, Peter.
    Thanks mate, indeed it is! We both had to go back and finish our bachelors degrees (pay our own way) after screwing up at first. Working our way thru made us appreciate things so much more though (plus learn more) in the long run. Now she wants to take the GRE and apply to grad schools soon.

Sounds like I gotta save the pennies and eat more ramen so I can afford a beefier transmission next, or maybe that's next years tax return... who knows... lol! Then maybe a D1SC or something similar someday... the mod bug never ends does it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InferAl View Post
    With 9.5:1 what other goodies have you got in mind
    My heads will push it to around 9.8. Something f/i, but not too wild to break the bank and too many parts, gonna be a litte conservative now...lol! Thinking a mid level centri, but I love the looks and power tt setups make also ($$$) ... so we'll see when the time comes I guess. Your alum block is sick!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice choice there can not wait to see pics of mine as I went with a 9.25 419 with cometic phuzion gaskets and cometic intake gaskets. you will not be sorry with a 419. shorter stroke and the bore is only .005 over stock bore.
    PWR Prostreet 419 twin S300sx3-66 78/73mm Turbos,SHR Tranny,Protorque 4400,Super Dana 44,KWV2 suspension, Fore Fuel System W/Triple Walbros, ID2000's, Arrington 90mm TB Ported Intake W/Thermal Coating, Weld Racing Wheels 17x8 & 17x10, AMS 1000, Eurocharged TCM

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!! I'm also a fan of PWR's 419.
    2006 Charger R/T with Road & Track

10.93 @ 125.6

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, that's awesome bud....It takes a lot of determination and will-power to "stay the course" and finish your education. It will pay off...trust me!

Oh, and congrats on the motor. Excellent choice if I say so myself Your tranny is going to hate that new motor.lol

PWR 426, Paramount Tranny/4000 dominator, PWR cam 247/252 115+2LSA, Apache Heads,
    Modern Muscle ported intake/90mm TB, Kooks LT headers, Billy Boat exhaust. LMI Intake

Installed with love by AMP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to you and your wife. Glad to see all the hard work paying off.
    06 MSRT8 Mods: PWR 393 with Procharger F1A.
    Installed by AfterHours Mopar Peformance.
    9.41 @ 146MPH

RIP Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanac Charger View Post
    Congrats!! I'm also a fan of PWR's 419.
    Thanks mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by 08superbee#513 View Post
    nice choice there can not wait to see pics of mine as I went with a 9.25 419 with cometic phuzion gaskets and cometic intake gaskets. you will not be sorry with a 419. shorter stroke and the bore is only .005 over stock bore.
    Nice!!! Ive been following you thread, its gonna be a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by JimIsland-SRT8 View Post
    Dave, that's awesome bud....It takes a lot of determination and will-power to "stay the course" and finish your education. It will pay off...trust me!

Oh, and congrats on the motor. Excellent choice if I say so myself Your tranny is going to hate that new motor.lol
    Thanks Jim! Hopefully it will be worth it, I cant wait to see how your 440 turns out! Yep transmission is the next piece of the puzzle. Ive been taking it pretty easy on the stocker trying to make it last...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by robsrt View Post
    Congrats to you and your wife. Glad to see all the hard work paying off.
    Thanks Rob!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    COngrats!!! I love seeing all these new PWR motors coming out of the woodworks
    PWR 393, Twin 6262mm Turbos, SHR trans, Fore Fuel system, Wilson Hemi Sheet Metal Manifold
    880 RWHP 775 RWT at 16 psi and 17* of timing
    Tuned by Robert@ Ditos motors
    Walk Softly And Carry Two Big A$$ Turbos!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8yourM5 View Post
    COngrats!!! I love seeing all these new PWR motors coming out of the woodworks
    Thanks! Alabama has plenty of woods, heh...

Now I feel sheepish- its 8.5:1 compression, not 9.5 like I stated above. This project has been in the works so long I forgot the fine details and had to reask Andy. Should be closer to 9:1 with heads...Just means I can throw a few more lbs on it when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Enjoy her...
    Marines... Providing Enemies Of America An Opportunity To Die For Their Country Since 1775

Modern Muscle Performance Group 11:1 426, Eagle heads, 3400 stall tc and 3.73 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like

2008 Charger SRT8-Vortech V3 12psi, MM forged pistons, Ford 80injectors, dual GSS340 pumps, Fore Fuel hat, Dynatech longtubes and mids, 3.06 Getrag, axles.
    2008 Challenger SRT8-SOLD
    2006 300CSRT8 SOLD 11.6 @ 118 w/ Vortech
    2009 Challenger RT SOLD 12.7 @ 108

Share This Thread