Post Thanks / Like

how to add factory heated seats...

i did a write-up for adding factory heated seat to my '09 challenger. i am not sure if the other cars are prewired for the dash switches like the challengers are. also, the challenger seats are prewired for the heating pads. again, not sure about the other cars.

anyways, here is the write-up on the challengertalk forum. note that this mod requires programming to enable the heated seat module. i am not sure if the dealer can do this with the JPM sales code or not. if not, there are only a handfull of us around here that can do the programming for this.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...d-seats-54491/

if info is needed on how to add the wiring for the heated seat dash switches, i will add it.

okay, here is the info on how to add the wiring for the heated seat switches if your car isn't prewired like my challenger.

here are the needed pigtails cut from a donor car. you need a length from the clusters C3 white 26-way connector, a length from the left heated seat switch, and a length from the right heated seat switch.

now, you need to connect the switch pigtails to the clusters C3 connector. make this custom harness 36" long connector to connector. splice these wires together:

C3 pin #7 --> left switch pin #4 (tan w/white stripe wire)
    C3 pin #9 --> left switch pin #6 (tan w/light blue stripe wire)
    C3 pin #10 -> right switch pin #4 (tan w/violet stripe wire)
    C3 pin #18 -> left switch pin #3 (light green w/grey stripe wire)
    C3 pin #19 -> right switch pin #3 (light green w/light blue stripe wire)
    C3 pin #22 -> right switch pin #6 (tan w/dark green stripe wire)

start with splicing these 6 wires from the cluster connector to the left and right switch connectors.

here is another view of the new harness for the heated seat dash switches.

next, join the black w/green stripe ground wires (pins #2) of each switch connector together, lengthen and put an eyelet connector on it.
    then, join the red w/orange stripe fused B(+) wires (pins #1) of each switch connector together, lengthen....
    finally, join the orange w/grey stripe wires (pins #7) of each switch connector together, lengthen....

here is a close-up of the white 26-way connector from the cluster. pin #1 is labeled for you in this pic.

here is the harness all taped up. it is still connected to the donor 26-way connector.

next, remove the pins from the 26-way connector. we only need the metal tabs from those 6 wires.

these are the cavities we will be adding wires to on your existing 26-way connector. the wire in pin #11 will need to be spliced onto.

here is the completed wire harness for the switches. it is ready to install in your car now.

to install this harness, just plug in those 6 wires into your existing 26-way cluster connector
    then splice the orange w/grey stripe wire onto the orange w/grey stripe wire in pin #11
    then ground the eyelet to the dashes metal framework
    finally tap the red w/orange wire to an existing red w/orange stripe wire under then dash.
    Last edited by 65standard; 04-16-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work buddy. I did mine in January outside so I didn't take pics. Here is how I did it in a 06 300.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=250774

The older cars dont have the wiring in the dash but they work without programming ( just wont back light). Correction they will back light I had 2 bad switches and programming may be needed on some models.
    Last edited by sinned4me; 04-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    [x]Predator, [x]Tail tint, [x]True C.A.I., [x]HID fogs, [x]Window tint, [x]Home-link, [x]Factory U-Connect, [x]red interior lighting, [x]cabin filter, [x]6way passenger power seat, [ ]300-C exhaust, [x]07 EVIC, [x]steering wheel buttons, [x]Auto climate, [x]Real auto headlamps, [ ]red halo's, [x]MP3 jack, [ ]rear diff, [ ] wheel mounted shift buttons, [x]SRT8 TCM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned4me View Post
    Nice work buddy. I did mine in January outside so I didn't take pics. Here is how I did it in a 06 300.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=250774

The older cars dont have the wiring in the dash but they work without programming ( just wont back light).
    it sucks how all the add ons need to be programmed at a dealer (if you find a friendly one).
    back in the day all you did is retrofit and wire up the switches to the relays and you were done.

Post Thanks / Like
    just added the info needed if your car isn't prewired for the heated seat dash switches. the instructions are pretty much the same as what dennis did for his 300. you can follow the link on CT to complete the install as i did on my challenger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job as always Tony.
    From wild to extra wild we got you covered with crap ya never knew you needed.

The first 6.1 transformation and it all went down hill from there.

08 route 66 burnout champion 07 Shindig 6.1NA winner. Willow Springs 1:42!!. 11.796 @ 117mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned4me View Post
    ?..The older cars dont have the wiring in the dash but they work without programming ( just wont back light). Correction they will back light I had 2 bad switches and programming may be needed on some models.

Well I just finished adding factory heated seats to my '06 magnum sxt. Unlike Dennis's car, mine required programming to make them work. I tried it before I programmed just to test this. The seats did nothing and I got a DTC for additional ECU detected. Pretty much what I expected. Any time to wire in a new module to the can bus system it requires programming.

Why Dennis's car worked without programming, I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely because my EVIC cluster came from a car with heated seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have installed a srt8 seats in a v-6 2,7 magnum and the dealer said ,there's no jpm sale code available for the car ,so he can not add the sale code....is it really possible? or i have to try another dealer?

300c awd 2006 full,grip grill,noesp mod,tranzformer,amg paddle shifter mod, diablo catch can,Trinity 91 oct,cai mopar,jet 180 degre,razors edge tower brace,magnaflow exhaust,eibach pro-kit ,22"maas coventry,255/35/22 continental dws,rer mygig,dod-tech gs600,back up camera,8000k hid ds1,8000k foglight ,sonar tail light,headrest screen,full srt8 interior,oem srt8 bumper,oem srt8 trunk spoiler,flaschtech halo 10000k.

Share This Thread