Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Superchips requires an "update"

My superchips arrived today, and I was really excited to give it a shot. I got the dreaded E-6D error after saving my stock flash... It says to call Superchips. Of course this happens 1 hour after they close for the weekend, and I will be out of town all week next week! Argh...

I guess it's fairly common to receive this error when the tuner is released for a new vehicle. I'm just bummed it happened to me, and after the 2 week shipping delay.

So I thought I'd head over to flashpaq.com and see if there are any updates available for download. When registering for a new account, the 300C/Magnum is not even listed as a vehicle in the form. Very disappointing!

Dave
    Last edited by dodgeboy; 03-03-2006 at 07:11 PM.

2006 300C SRT8 - Inertia Custom Diablo Tune, Inertia Spartan Cam, Edge 2800 TC, Mopar TCM, Magnaflow Cats, Mopar CAI, 180 Stat

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer. Hope you get it worked out man.
    05 "Shagwagon" R/T
    Go USF Bulls!
    Hemi Registry #000514

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's a let down.
    SoCalLX - " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"
    2005 Magnum, Magnesium Pearl, MOPAR Cold Air Intake JBA Headers, Mids w/Cats, and Cat-Back System, Pedders sways front and back!
    2003 Porsche 911 Turbo, bone stock.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/rps232/

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not the news we were hoping to hear.
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi31
    This is not the news we were hoping to hear.
    Indeed... Not what I was hoping to see, either. Honestly, I wouldn't be half as disappointed if I was able to register on flashpaq.com and at least see if there is an update for the thing.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you tried this or not, but if you choose another vehicle, it will send you a validation code and that will let you download the tuning software. When you install it, it will download updates and then it will ask you to plug in the flashpaq. From there, it will install the device driver and you should be online from there. I hope that helps.

By the way, you can update your profile anytime once you log in for the first time. Again, I hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whtabtbill
    I don't know if you tried this or not, but if you choose another vehicle, it will send you a validation code and that will let you download the tuning software. When you install it, it will download updates and then it will ask you to plug in the flashpaq. From there, it will install the device driver and you should be online from there. I hope that helps.

By the way, you can update your profile anytime once you log in for the first time. Again, I hope that helps.
    Thanks! I was afraid I'd be locked into the profile for some other vehicle. I'll fake my way through the vehicle stuff and see if there's an update for it.

[hopes...]

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Its there!

I just went to flashpaq.com and they do have our Lx vehicles listed.
    It's the last vehicle type listed.
    SOLD! $19K-2006 LOADED 300C SRT8 W/Deep-Dish Grille, VIP Rear window Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Airhammer, Magnaflow High Flow Cats & Exhaust, BT Trunk Wing, Black Sonar LED Tails, Hotchkis Sways, KWvII's, D.S. Predator, Dyno (406hp/410trq pre-exhaust) CMR Tuned Your NoVa Realtor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crhemi
    I just went to flashpaq.com and they do have our Lx vehicles listed.
    I just (5 minutes ago) registered an account, and Chrysler was not even an option. Magnum was also not listed under the Dodges... It was listed under the vehicles on superchips.com, but not under the registration profile info on flashpaq.com. I'm currently installing the software for my tuner... More to come.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Boo...

"We are sorry to inform you, there are currently no available upgrades or calibrations for your FLASHPAQ tuner. Our engineering teams have been notified and are working on an update."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh great, got a new toy for Christmas :grin:

AND

Ain't got no batteries
    From wild to extra wild we got you covered with crap ya never knew you needed.

The first 6.1 transformation and it all went down hill from there.

08 route 66 burnout champion 07 Shindig 6.1NA winner. Willow Springs 1:42!!. 11.796 @ 117mph

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so foolish! Can't play this weekend I'm grounded!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible that the error you are receiving means that your vehicle needs an update applied to its PCM rather than the tuner needed an update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kvilleboy
    Is it possible that the error you are receiving means that your vehicle needs an update applied to its PCM rather than the tuner needed an update?

Post Thanks / Like
    well this is not good news to hear. mine wont be here till wednesday anyways. i just hope my car will be ready, probably wont have my C back till next weekend. so at least i can see what happens with all the other buyers who get there tuners in the coming week.
    2005 300C Satin Jade C(TRADED IN)

2007 SILVER JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread