Adam's Premium Car Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning the inside of the wheel?

What does everybody use for this. I have a set of the CSRT rims that I will be putting on for my summer rims this weekend. I was thinking about using a Mr. Clean sponge to shine up the inside of the rim. Not sure if this will leave swirl marks (not sure if you could see them anyway). What is everybody else using. Looked for a link and couldnt find it if I am blind please just post the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    just a good scrub brush and car wash did it for me after it was nice and clean i put some wheel dust protector on it to keep the dust off a little but heard rain-x works the same

Post Thanks / Like
    I am fortunate enough to be able to reach right through my big wheels to clean them, buy yeah I have also heard rain-x helps with the dust issue.
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8.... Starting over after trading in the Mag!!, Diablosport Predator, Airaid Intake, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Flashtech color change halos, HID's, some bass of course,Flowmaster 40's,... to be continued...

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of different options. If they were mine, I would soak the wheel barrels in an APC and scrub them with a brush. For the tar and rubber I would use Tarminator, or another bug and tar remover, as well as clay bar to remove stubborn contaminants. If it called for it, I do have a wheel cleaner that is an acid and will quickly remove everything.
    HammerStyleIntakeBilletTechBlastinBobTommyZDesign

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheel brush.

Soap and water is all I use. I clean them with every wash so they never get too dirty.
    I wax them twice a season.
    Just lurking. Hemi Registry #1050

Post Thanks / Like
    soap and water with a micro fiber cloth, probably helps that I wax the hell out off them because of the custom paint.
    ]2008 challenger,stock. hemi reg.#1010, BT engine dress up kit, BCLX sticker, pny klr plate, Aria CAI, BT catch can, BMC braided hoses, hurst shifter plate & pistol grip shfter ,SLP Line lock,custom painted rims,13.044@109.17 mph

Post Thanks / Like
    I remove and clean the inside of my wheels every spring. soap and water and a wheel brush. If needed, maguires gold class instant wheel cleaner---very strong stuff! after everything is all clean, I polish with wheel wax, or any type of metal cleaner/ polish will do the job. the insides stay clean with just regular washing, still look like new!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using Simple Green for years. I spray down the wheels, tires, and inner fender and just use an old sponge and soapy water to clean it off. DO NOT DO THIS ON POLISHED WHEELS....IT WILL ETCH THE FINISH!!!

Thanks, Hazman!

6.1L Hemi Registry #1252

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been cleaning them when I rotate the tires myself with Optimum Power Clean. It gets most off except some tar. It does take a good stiff brush too. Once clean, if you just use one of the ez detail brushes I can keep them fairly well clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopers_Dad View Post
    Wheel brush.

Soap and water is all I use. I clean them with every wash so they never get too dirty.
    I wax them twice a season.

Where did you get this? I need one. And I haven't seen one at Crappy tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does claybar work on caked up brake dust? I try to clean but it's hard to reach all the spots without taking the wheels off (which I can't do at home)
    www.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    JarZ@inertiamotorsports.com

LXForums members please note: Use promo code "LXF" on www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com for $25 off your $500+ order.

512-964-7724
    /862-215-4668

Find us on Facebook or Twitter
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Past Mopars:
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Where did you get this? I need one. And I haven't seen one at Crappy tire.

http://www.eshine.ca/products.php?cat=104
    Hang on St. Christopher !!!

"I could lick you quicker than Hell could fizzle a feather"
    Sir John A. MacDonald

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmyuncle View Post
    Thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    No prob!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do it on rotation- I use Mother's Wheel cleaner and then hit the inside with a coat of Meguire's carnuba wax.

2008 SRT8 Charger13.62 @ 103.23 DA Aprox 5000
    2007 Procharged R/T with R&T R.I.P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread