LX Forums Forum banner

ALcharger's new build

4K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Alcharger 
#1 ·
Still in tuning process at the moment, With just a start up tune this thing felt sick, Actually feels a lot like a 426 to be honest. Can't wait to see her run dialed in!

PWR Forged 5.7 Shortblock
PW-227 Camshaft
PWR Eagle Mean Street Heads with Ti retainers
Ported 6.1 Intake
MM Ported TB
Kooks Longtubes
EDGE Converter
Corsa Exhaust

See less See more
#7 ·
I know Kent is anxious!!! Get that baby finished!!!
Its done, waiting on tune (and traction) :racing:

Psst.....the header gaskets are backwards;)
thanks! :duh: lol

Sweet! Sounds Great! What exhaust?
Kooks LT's with corsa, the corsa really tames this cam a lot believe it or not.

lolololol.

I died.

Motor looks super nice!!!
thanks nick maybe you two can line up in Va :beerchug:

#13 ·
First many thanks to Andy and Justin for their persistence and quality work! We had to over come two PAK spring failures on two different head installs. Andy fixed each set of heads and improved the heads each time! It took three sets of heads due to our "friends" at PAK Racing defective springs. So lets hope that THREE is the Charm with PSI springs.

Justin did the heavy lifting, wrenching and the best 6.1 intake porting I've ever seen. He even let Andy and I wrench a little then fix our mistakes. :wink:

This cam is lumpy and shaking the car big time at idle. The power comes on so smooth and quick I'm still surprised how fast it's going! It's going to require a lot of right foot restraint. LOL

How about Virginia? Bring Charger4Life with ya too! :stir:

Congrats, Kent. Can't wait to see the numbers on this one.
Thanks Rob, I can't wait to see the numbers too!!! Then to the track for the real number.

Sounds... and looks... Wicked!!

I didn't realize that you also have a silver Charger. We'll have to figure out a way for the two Kents to line up their PWR powered, properly grounded, silver Charger RT's! :)
Silver/PWR/Kent with Dynamic Grounding, now that's too much!

How about Lx and Beyond in Ohio??

Working on the tune now. This is one sick beast! Rowdy cam, high compression, good heads. The 6.1 N/A guys better watch out! Good job PWR!
Mike, you are the BEST! That starter tune I ran last night felt like my old engine with a 100 shot. As Justin said, first gear is USELESS on the street :panic:

#16 ·
Awesome build Kent!!! My valve springs are being changed to the PSI's also. Hopefully no more issues. I am getting anxious to get my PWR motor up and running also. Can't wait to see what your car does in 1320 feet :racing:

#19 ·
Nice going guys.

Kent I wouldn't recommend calling me out pal. I still haven't launched my car hard yet. ROFLMMFAO

#32 ·
PWR is rewriting the rules for how to make a 5.7 Lx/Lc fast.

You may have missed Page 27, Section 5.7, Paragraph P, Line W, Sentence R?

"This supersedes Page 26, Paragraph 2: The TWO fastest 5.7 Lx/Lc cars shall compete in the finals regardless if they are white or not. "

It will be interesting this go around what color and type cars make it to the finals.

Good Luck :friday:

Man this is gonna be good
With all this posturing I better busy and have my ride ready to rumble.

#41 ·
It's going slower than I wanted. Did anyone say it's SPRING? We broke two of defective PAK springs. This cost us 3 weeks. The silver lining is that PWR improved my head each time we broke a spring.

We are in the tuning stage. This cam/CR is a tuners nightmare for sure. Mike at OST Dyno has not missed a beat. This week we went from 6.1 to SRT4 injectors. Today Mike has tuned from 93 Oct with water/meth to race gas and finally to E85 with and without water/meth. I run two or three logs per combination and email back to Mike. We have been chasing some low level knock around. It's a beast from 4000 to 6600. We both need to get past this tuning phase so we can go back to work and see our families again. LOL

Mike at OST Dyno brings so much experience to us at Lx from Old School to 1800 HP turbo charged street rods to all the ricers. His tune was in Charger4Lifes latest PB!

Maybe I'll get to a track before Virginia, who knows. Today is was in the low 80s in Alabama, so no more cool weather in the South until November. :boohoo:

#37 ·
It better be less than 346 cubic inches. I'm gonna tear his motor apart and check if he wins. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH>>>>>>

:ninja:

#40 ·
@novawagonmaster: two white cars in the finals huh? you'd better figure out a way to go fast without turning your car into a tin can.

I hope that all of the 5.7 guys enjoy the 'freebie' they are getting from me this year... next year be ready for the return of bad black wagon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.