Post Thanks / Like

Heartthrob exhaust

So I was watching Gearz today and Stacey David went on a tour of the Hearthrob Exhaust factory in MN. Turns out they are the guys who make all the "no-name" exhaust kits for companies like Summit, JC Whitney etc etc. They've been in business for around 30 years and have quite the R&D team.

Interest piqued, I went to their website and lo and behold, they make a true dual cat back for the V6 LX crowd. Dyno numbers were roughly 15 hp over stock, although it was kind of hard to read the dyno sheet, and it sounded great as they have sound clips. I clicked on the "buy it now" button expecting to see prices near the 1g mark and boy was I surprised to see $492.00 US!

And here I was going to pay just over 300 for the Blastin Bobs reso delete kit with little to no gains in power!

On a side note, they threw one of their kits on an SRT Challenger and got 44 hp over stock!

www.heartthrobexhaust.com
    Last edited by goldSE; 02-27-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that too. I think they said it came from the redesigned H pipe they're using? Either way, that's one hell of a claim. Would love to see it independently tested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's what they said. They got 21 more hp with their system on a new Mustang with their h pipe and only 6 more with an x pipe system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds high to me
    I don't know of any exhaust that produce those gains

Like all the CAI companys saying you get 25 HP from their CAI's lol

2015 Chrysler 200S, not much will be done to this one
    2013 Ram 1500 Sport- 4" BDS Lift, Fuel Krank Wheels with 35" Tires :-) and a bunch of other crap(Gone)
    2011 Ram 1500 Sport (Traded in)

2010 GCSRT8, 20" (Traded In)
    2008 Superbee #558/1000, Traded in and missed
    2005 Crossfire, Traded in on Bee

Post Thanks / Like
    yea for sure! If they got those gains and have a dyno right there you think they would have shown dyno sheets? The prices are def good though!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's (very) doubtful Stacey; it's also doubtful the Mustang's exhaust system was that restrictive to start with. We know the Chrysler exhausts systems are about as non-restrictive as they can get, hence why folks adding CAT-backs observe little (if any) gains.

On these Saturday/Sunday morning shows they also advertise throttle body spacers, even throttle body "wafers"; a stamped piece of aluminum that is supposed to gain you significant HP/TQ/mileage. They also flog fancy sparkplugs that are purported to do the same.

You have to take whatever "gains" these programs/running advertisements infer with a huge grain of salt...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-27-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci + Aluminum block-------Short Runner Valve Intake---410mm BAER 6S Eradi-Speed---Eibach Multi-Pro 2----All Urethane

----------------Custom One-offs; Grille Work, Chin Spoiler, Hood, Headlights, Side View mirrors, Rear Spoiler, Rear Hatch, Rear Diffuser, SRV intake Control System--------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitachiman View Post
    yea for sure! If they got those gains and have a dyno right there you think they would have shown dyno sheets? The prices are def good though!
    Lot's of questionable performance add-ons (TB's, TB spacers, sparkplugs, etc) publically advertise dyno data; most folks know they are contrived...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-27-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    You have to take whatever "gains" these programs/running advertisements infer with a huge grain of salt...
    Oh trust me, I've been a shadetree mechanic long enough to know that claims like this are usually out the window. If I see another show on the Powerblock raving about E3 sparkplugs, I'm going to puke. The one dyno sheet that I read on their site was for the V6 LX's and like I said, it was a modest gain of around 15 hp. Probably less as their sheets were really confusing and I'm not too sure if I was reading it right. I just thought they'd be a cheaper alternative to Magnaflow or Flowmaster with around the same gains. They gotta be better than the Ebay special exhausts anyway.

Come on, how bad can a company be that offers t-shirts, mugs and George Foreman grills with their name on it! Not joking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had forgotten about this brand name... I put a Heartthrob catback on a Jeep Cherokee about 6-7 years ago. Sold the car a while later, but the exhaust sounded good, looked good, and wasn't a bad kit to install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting claims, they sure are not spending much money on the website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Lot's of questionable performance add-ons (TB's, TB spacers, sparkplugs, etc) publically advertise dyno data; most folks know they are contrived...
    For sure they did a baseline run they showed but the other runs were not shown! Thats what I was sayin if they were for real they would have shown the car on the dyno and there inventory would be flying off the shelf!!

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Name: Ivory "BLACK I"

2. Y/M/M Car: 2006 300C-NISTER SRT8

3. Engine size: 6.1L

4. Mods: K&N drop in, Diablo tune!

5. HP/TQ: Haven't had it on a dyno yet.

If avaliable please post all, otherwise just fill in what you know.
    6. R/T .270
    7. 60ft Time 2.128
    8. 1/8 Time 8.964
    9. 1/8 MPH 81.35
    10. 1/4 Time 13.85
    11. 1/4 MPH 99.37

Pueblo Motorsport Park June 17, 2011 9:42pm DA +6260

1. Name: Ivory "BLACK I"

2. Y/M/M Car: 2006 300C-NISTER SRT8

3. Engine size: 6.1L

4. Mods: K&N drop in, Diablo tune, Hearttthrob/Jegs/Summit cat back!

5. HP/TQ: Haven't had it on a dyno yet.

6. R/T .025
    7. 60ft Time 2.168
    8. 1/8 Time 8.909
    9. 1/8 MPH 81.87
    10. 1/4 Time 13.68
    11. 1/4 MPH 103.32

Pueblo Motorsport Park July 1, 2011 9:29pm +6660

These are my recent pb's at PMP in Colorardo 4700ft. Notice my mods, I just put on the Heartthrob cat back on Wednesday and ran my car again this past Friday. My first run out the box @ 6:34pm and 91 degrees was 13.85@102.09! My best run of the night, at almost the same time and conditions, as my previous best was 13.68@103.32!!!! Clown if you want but, THIS EXHAUST WORKS!!! I picked up almost 2 tenths and I DID pick up 4mph AMAZING!!! Jus... sayin. Bottom end is very torquey, and my throttle respose is even better. I have read alot of threads on this forum bashing the dyno results that Heartthrob published and all I can say is that real world results are AMAZING!!! I have read numerous thread about $1k+ systems that just look pretty and sound good, but have little to no gains at all. If you want bang for you buck this is worth every penny! There are numerous members on this forum who know me and exactly what I have in my car, and have seen probably all my runs. They were just as amazed as myself. To conclude the system has a sweet rumble at idle and cruising and really SCREAMS at wot!!! So there you have it my review of the $399 Heartthrob SRT8 cat back.

Ivory

Post Thanks / Like
    There's another thread on this exhaust that does a good job on spilling the beans on them. As in shows where the BS is.

My first thought when I read their dyno chart - the one that claimed a 48 hp gain on a 2010 SRT was "holy crap the baseline dyno numbers are ridiculously low. No wonder they can show those big gains. Someone put their foot all the way down on the pedal in run #2."

Any SRT that only puts down 330 rwhp stock needs to go back to the dealer... its a lemon.

And if thats not enough... those dyno runs looked kind of funny to a lot of people. Somebody called Jegs, who sells the thing under their own name, and heard this:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Delp View Post
    ...i asked the head guy at jegs about this .. he said its not a real dyno pull but rather a computer simulation of assumed gains.
    "LxF welcomes with open arms all members, regardless of social status, creed, color, sexual preference, or anything else. The only thing we discriminate against is douchebags."

Check out Darth Hemi in the LxForums Garage

Share This Thread