LX Forums Forum banner

installing rear camber bushings

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  808HEMI 
#1 ·
anyone have any shop experience when they got their rear camber bushings installed. i purchased the SPC set for my rear and im having some problems trying to find a shop to get them installed.

for those who got them installed, how did the shop do it and what did they use. i was told they needed to remove the rear control arm and use (for lack of better term) this HUGE machine to press them out.....they also didnt really sound too sure.

im wondering if i should purchase the SPC adapter 66025? and if that would make a diff. SPC is closed right now(saturday)......just wanted to see if any one had any tips...

thanks

#2 ·
anyone have any shop experience when they got their rear camber bushings installed. i purchased the SPC set for my rear and im having some problems trying to find a shop to get them installed.

for those who got them installed, how did the shop do it and what did they use. i was told they needed to remove the rear control arm and use (for lack of better term) this HUGE machine to press them out.....they also didnt really sound too sure.

im wondering if i should purchase the SPC adapter 66025? and if that would make a diff. SPC is closed right now(saturday)......just wanted to see if any one had any tips...

thanks
My shop didn't have to remove the RCA.

My mechanic pressed them out while it was still on the car.

Both sides took under an hour but they had the know-how and tools to get it done.

Make sure you get the right size bushings for the rear. Some are 39.5mm and some are 41.5 mm. Some are a mix of both like Chrysler took a grab bag of parts :doh:.

#5 ·
It was like a hand held press, not a big deal really. Like I said, they did it while still on the vehicle though he did say it would've been easier for him to take it off and do it.

You got the easy measurements for them both being the same, Nice!
looks like i'll just have to go with whatever the shop throws at me

and again i did the measurments myself...so im hoping i didnt screw something easy like that up.

Thanks smoooth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.