Post Thanks / Like

couple of questions on eagle heads

Couple quick questions on the eagle heads.... Do they raise compression like the 6.1 heads? Do they have egr? Does the springs need upgrading from stock? Can I use my forged 5.7 push rods? And finally they come on a 5.7 correct but they have a intake and exhaust just like a 6.1 head?
    2004 Dodge ram under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lvs2gofast View Post
    Couple quick questions on the eagle heads.... Do they raise compression like the 6.1 heads? Do they have egr? Does the springs need upgrading from stock? Can I use my forged 5.7 push rods? And finally they come on a 5.7 correct but they have a intake and exhaust just like a 6.1 head?

Do they raise compression like the 6.1 heads? Yes, but more than a 6.1 head will.

Do they have egr? its cut into the head on the exhaust side. but thats as far as it goes. no exit ont he front of the head. it could probably be made to work. but its better off with out it.

Does the springs need upgrading from stock? depends on cam. but i would say yes to most any aftermarket cam.

Can I use my forged 5.7 push rods? nope. not even close to the right length

they come on a 5.7 correct but they have a intake and exhaust just like a 6.1 head? thats correct. while they still dont use the same manifold/s the port shape on the heads are the same for the new 5.7 intake and exhaust manifolds as all of the 6.1 stuff.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man. So I have deleted my egr since I have a 6.1 intake, this being the main reason to upgrade. So if I'm running a 8:1 compression motor what will eagles with cometic phuzion head gaskets put me at?

Post Thanks / Like
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn maybe that's a bad idea...

InferAl is offline "R.I.P. Lou1355 "The Hellbitch lives On"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lvs2gofast View Post
    Thanks man. So I have deleted my egr since I have a 6.1 intake, this being the main reason to upgrade. So if I'm running a 8:1 compression motor what will eagles with cometic phuzion head gaskets put me at?
    Phuzion head gaskets are .0516, using that with a 65cc eagle head will result in 9.25 compression. This is also assuming with 8:1 compression your pistons are negative 10cc

With stock gaskets it would be closer to the 10.1 Eric said
    2009 Challenger R/T PWR// Aluminum Big Bore 426..PWR// Thitek Heads & Cam Installed By BFNY Performance
    SHR Trans Paramount 8.8 & Dominator TC Tuned By Jerseyboy Atco
    Video

Share This Thread