Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that sucked!

Finally got pulled over for the front window tint. Driving out of work from Robson street downtown and a cop pulls up beside me... He starts staring at me and starts rolling his bike back. Light turns green hes behind me.. puts on his lights I pull over.. So he is writing my ticket and tells me to step outside of the car so I do.. hands me a scraper and tells me to remove the tint.. So i start that off, get one window tint off. Everyone on Robson decides to watch me do this . Officer then tells me to come to the back of my car and asks me to take off the taillight covers. I don't have any on..so I explained there painted a bit darker but they have LED lights and there really bright. SO he says he is going to seize my car.. One of the guys standing in the crowd starts yelling out "don't kick him in the head" Cop hands me the ticket says "take the rest of the tint off when you get home " and he drives off. Any easy way of removing all the gunk on the window?
    2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 (black)
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT (torred)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that does suck....acetone works well for removing the adhesive residue....not fun to remove tint....some tricks and tips on Google and YouTube.....good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Ammonia! Spray it on the windows then cover it with some thick plastic. You can use plastic wrap for food. Allow it to sit in the sun for a while. Should come off pretty ease. Dilute the ammonia with water. Do one window at a time to avoid the smell in the car getting crazy.
    Or take it back to the tinted and just have them do it. Easier.
    In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster.
    A black haze shut out the sun and the darkness was alive.
    Suddenly a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life. A symbol of hope!
    A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark.
    I LAUGHED and blew it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can the cop really make you remove the tint then and there?
    DAVE -- 2007 Grand Cherokee SRT8: Mopar exhaust, Volant CAI, DCX Depot CMR tune, BT catch can, BWoody springs and end links, Jeepin by AL upper control arms

Can you hyperground the leads to the mason jar and get even more torque and hp?

Post Thanks / Like
    damn , he actually made you take it off right then and there? kind of dick,no offense to any officers here. He could just said get it removed when you get home.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's in Canada. That's like a different world. Santa lives there so the rules are different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokersmokesem View Post
    He's in Canada. That's like a different world. Santa lives there so the rules are different.
    Lmao!!

I've never heard of a cop making you remove window tint on the spot. I've heard of them pulling a corner off but not that. I had mine removed a while back, got pulled over for the front tint 3 times.

22 Staggered Vossen CV3s,shaved MSRT fascia,Eibach Sportlines,R1 cross drilled slotted rotors,LED tails,6000k lows&fog,AAC halos,colourmatched headlight housings and spoiler,CBD engine,rad,fusebox covers,SeriousMetal strutbar,LMI Hammer,BT underhood&interior kits,BT catchcan,shaved rearwiper,SC Flashpaq,LED interior,Pioneer Avic D3,Flowmaster Super 40s w/ 4" Magnaflow tips,tinted sidemarkers,CF interior pieces,colourmatched spoiler,leatherconsole cover by Firewalker,LSD lambo doors,carbonfiber diffuser

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I thought SoCal cops were bad. That cop was a D**K!!!
    We just get fix it tickets and pay like 50 bucks.
    FIGHT ON!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    windex with amonia works good

ive had to remove my tint 6 times

my last ticket for no front license plate, tinted tails, tinted windows

failure to comply: $650

nor cal cops arnt much nicer

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a tint ticket in PoCo so I shipped the car to Ontario. Tint's still on a year and a half later. Ontario cops have better things to worry about.

Sorry you have to deal with that petty BS.
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokersmokesem View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! santa lives there ............atleast he didnt seize your ride
    -------1*

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank Goodness here in South Florida, everyone has their widows tinted. The cops simply do not have time to pull everyone over. They have bigger fish to fry. Unless you come across a real douche bag who pulls out his tint meter and bangs you with a ticket for tint after he pulled you over for something else.
    2008 Steel Blue Metalic Charger R/T with Road & Track package, Flowmaster Super 44's with Reso Delete, My Gig Nav and SAT radio. Mopar CAI and green interior LEDs. DiabloSport Predator 93 Oct. CAI Performance Tune, 180* Tstat. BT Oil Catch Can. 6000K DDM Tuning HIDs Lows and Fogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    damn dude that sucks...
    primary reason why i dont wanna get mine tinted :(

yet i see so many other cars with theirs tinted but because their cars arent "gang related" [as one cop told me my car was] they get away with it i guess....

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have told him to take the scraper and put it where the sun don't shine. Really, I would have.
    [

Post Thanks / Like
    you can say to him that legally you have a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 1 week unless it is mechanical related then you have up too 1 month like when they pulled me over for my exhaust they gave me 1 month and said make it quieter that was with my lowrider truck ... i would never scrap anything on my vehicle and if you get pulled over say I would like your supervisor to come out here please before I do anything and if he touches your car with anything you are able to press charges for vandalism..
    2007~DODGE~CHARGER
    CHECK~OUT~MY~GARAGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread